Livingston - all the threads merged

17 hours ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

I'm looking forward to the excuses for this one.

Where's Gnaw?

17 hours ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

I'm looking forward to the excuses for this one.

Where's Gnaw?

I've been busy, although watching from afar.

Ive not seen you at the games Mrs.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's amazing.

The catastrophic club that is Livingston, has once more ballsed up, yet the person managing to look like the biggest arse on here, is an Alloa fan.  What a disastrous, childish wee twat Wasps1 is.  Pulled up for being conceitedly wrong, he fires back about a team losing.  Truly desperate.

As for the whole Crusaders thing, I feel sorry for the Livingston fans.  Most on here are being perfectly sensible in accepting what's happened and what probably lies in store.  When you see the highlights though, it was a game that meant plenty and provided a great moment.  Once more though, it's been wrecked by administrative incompetence.

Wasps1 though...

And your point is !!!!

So the Irn Bru cup game against crusaders is to be replayed on Tuesday 1st November at 7:45.

Fair to say we have been given a second chance, I fully expected to be kicked out of the competition. 

Cant see many of any Livi fans making the trip this time around with it being midweek but thankful to have another chance at it. 

Quick question, what happens if you do get beat? Will they have to re-do the draw for the next round? As they have already stated that they will be keeping Non-Scottish teams separate at this stage and if you were to get beat then it would be a Crusaders v TNS quarter final of the Scottish Irn Bru cup :lol: That would be extremely embarassing for the SFA if that were to happen? :lol:

Would think the players will be right up for it, wasn't their fault this happened, it was the Club's. Would think they'll be determined to win it again to get through to play TNS.

Need to win to break even now with the 4k fine plus cost of expenses for a 2nd trip, nobody to blame but themselves though but the players and fans suffer, as usual.

Do you think Lithgow will be ok to play, now he's served a two match suspension (Peterheid & Albion Rovers) ? :lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would think the players will be right up for it, wasn't their fault this happened, it was the Club's. Would think they'll be determined to win it again to get through to play TNS.

Need to win to break even now with the 4k fine plus cost of expenses for a 2nd trip, nobody to blame but themselves though but the players and fans suffer, as usual.

Do you think Lithgow will be ok to play, now he's served a two match suspension (Peterheid & Albion Rovers) ? :lol:

That's a good shout, hope so.

Not sure anyone would be that keen to play TNS.

With all due respect to The New Saints playing a game on a Sunday, televised but no share of the revenue, is a guaranteed all time low gate (you'd have to be some dedicated fan to make the 700 mile round trip on a Sunday when its already being shown live on S4C). Wouldn't be surprised if the losses for having to play this game far outstripped the fine or indeed the prize money for getting through to the next round. Maybe we could play it on the field turf if we get through? ^_^

Realistically it would have been better for all parties is the tie had simply been awarded to Crusaders and they could then properly prepared to play TNS. To be perfectly honest it would  probably make for more interesting television spectacle anyway.

The bizarre thing is that we actually played a weakened team against the Crusaders last time with the reserve goalkeeper and another fringe player starting the game but couldn't leave Lithgow out for Neill. As far as I recall there's not limit on the number of first team players that have to be played in the Iron Bru cup; when we played Hearts a couple of seasons back they only played, I think, two first team players?

I know a lot of the Livi support were upset that the original tie what held on a Friday night due to an agreement with the SFA and some pay per view channel and now its being held on a Tuesday night. As far as I could see there is no way of getting back from Belfast on the same night

The £4,000 fine is a sore one but frankly the management have noone to blame but themselves.

Edited by Durnford

A strange and bad decision. Bad for Crusaders in view of an extra midweek game in a squad of part-time players already stretched with injuries. Bad for Livi with the fine plus additional expenses.

Crusaders fixture list

Sat 30th October - Linfield (A)

Tue1st Nov - Livi (H)

Sat 5th Nov - Coleraine (H)

Position Team Played GoalDiff Points
No movement1 Crusaders 12 21 29
No movement2 Linfield 12 18 25
No movement3 Coleraine 13 8 23

Not looking too good is it? Maybe see yous next year and in better circumstances ... :(

With both Crusaders and Livi not being particularly thrilled about staying in the competition I am reminded of an episode of Porridge where Lennie Godber had taken up boxing but "the genial" Harry Grout wanted him to throw the match; another gangland leader wanted his opponent to throw the match so it was a race against the clock as to who would hit the canvas first.

I just have this vision of both teams playing their youth teams or its a case of who can score the most own goals.

Pretty sure Livi want to stay in the comp, we've had the chance earlier to field reserve players against Celtic colts but we didn't and took it seriously. Don't think Hopkin will be going over to lose this game.

Would've been better had the SPFL either awarded the game to Crusaders or given us an 8k fine and let the result stand, would've drawn a line under it and 5 teams affected by this would know exactly where they stand, without having to wait till next Tues.