Livingston - all the threads merged

It's all wishful thinking though, no one does anything just from the good of their heart and I doubt the council would ever put their efforts in to a centralised community centre/stadium for us to all rally around.

Worse than that, I doubt anyone at the club is thinking about it either. Poxy tie ins with Livi FCBC after a few years in the wilderness is only to bring in some cash and no real effort to have a community club.

Feel sorry for the gius who put effort into the bid for the stadium ownership. Not employed by the club but certainly hampered by them.

20 hours ago, TheLad said:

Worse than that, I doubt anyone at the club is thinking about it either. Poxy tie ins with Livi FCBC after a few years in the wilderness is only to bring in some cash and no real effort to have a community club.

Feel sorry for the gius who put effort into the bid for the stadium ownership. Not employed by the club but certainly hampered by them.

Everything regarding this club in recent years has been a shame but I think it's getting to the point where we need to kick on from it. We need someone to step up and get us back to where we belong, mismanagement aside.

We've been taken advantage of time after time by new owners looking to make a quick bit of cash. We backed ourselves into the corner we're in now with very few options out, I hope for the club's sake that we can somehow get that community feel back and get some kind of stable ownership underway without court case after court case (granted that has calmed down now).

Decent read, the most ridiculous signing was Ravanelli to Dundee. Came on as a sub against Clyde and scored a hat-trick in 8 mins or so. Crazy to think the likes of Dundee and Livingston had that calibre of player.

Decent read, the most ridiculous signing was Ravanelli to Dundee. Came on as a sub against Clyde and scored a hat-trick in 8 mins or so. Crazy to think the likes of Dundee and Livingston had that calibre of player.

Surely Caniggia? A player that was routinely listed as one of the best in the world in his day.

Yeah you are probably right. The difference for me was I never really saw Caniggia play whereas I grew up watching Ravanelli on Channel 4 and the early champions league games. Seemed absurd to see him play against Clyde in CIS Cup after all that.

Remember this guy playing for Livi : http://thesetpieces.com/features/guillermo-amor-livingston/

Some player to have been at Livi, doubt we'll see anyone who has achieved as much as him signing for Livi again. Wonder if Iniesta or Xavi are interested in playing in League One. icon_lol.gif

That was an excellent read.
My girlfriend is pissed off at me for ignoring her for the last 20 mins!

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

That was an excellent read.
My girlfriend is pissed off at me for ignoring her for the last 20 mins!

My wife uses me as a cure for insomnia, when she has trouble getting to sleep she just gets me talking about Livi and she dozes off in minutes.:lol::huh::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Knox signs up for another 2 and a half years and the club are I talks with other players to sign up for longer. http://livingstonfc.co.uk/knox-signs-contract-extension/

Who would you like to see signed up for next season?

Pittman would be first on my list, he's been immense for us this season. Would give Buchanan at least another season too, he'll score a decent amount of goals in League One or the championship, reliable goal scorer. Think Byrne is worth a punt too, has looked good in recent games and if we go up to the Championship I think he would be decent there too. Mullen has stepped up at last and looks stronger on the ball, and if Carrick stays on form and continues to score he'd be worth a gamble. Hopefully Mullin and Cadden would be able to keep improving, having wingers has been refreshing this season.

Not sure on our defence though, Longridge and Halkett have played at a higher level and are solid enough but would Lithgow and Crighton hack it if we gain promotion, continuity is always a good thing though, with a group of players familiar with one another to hit the ground running at the start of a season, we haven't had a lot of that in recent years. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I believe that Crighton, Lithgow, Watt, Cadden and now Knox are under contract for next season already. 

I'd like to think that if we did get promoted we'd be looking at atleast 1 new centre back. 

Id be very happy to keep this squad of players together. 

Depending on Kelly's situation if we could manage to get him again, keep Halkett and Longridge plus maybe 1 or two that's a solid start to our team. 

Pittman is an absolute must to get signed up and wouldn't be against Byrne and Miller either.

Buchanan is worth another year, Danny Mullen has came into his own as well this year. 

Carrick for me offers the same as Danny Mullen, we are in the fortunate position to have 3 very decent forwards and I'd like to see us keeping them together also.

De Vita is the only question mark for me, not that I don't want to keep him but I think he maybe will want to access his options first. 

So basically keep nearly this whole squad together but add one or two more preferably in the defence and I think we'd have a good squad for championship football (if we get promoted ofcourse) 

We should be aiming to keep the entire squad and start giving Morgan Neill a few starts as I feel he's going to leave us and become a decent centre back somewhere else and we are left stuck with Lithgow.
Kelly is only on loan until January, or has it been confirmed anywhere that he's extended to the end of the season? Otherwise we are left with a part time starting goalkeeper.

44 minutes ago, T-zero said:

Good to see all the Livingston players and staff attended Shaun Byrnes mothers funeral emoji106.png

Clubs really pulled together, from players and staff to fans. 

For a change the club is doing things right and supporting Shaun in his difficult time. 

57 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

We should be aiming to keep the entire squad and start giving Morgan Neill a few starts as I feel he's going to leave us and become a decent centre back somewhere else and we are left stuck with Lithgow.
Kelly is only on loan until January, or has it been confirmed anywhere that he's extended to the end of the season? Otherwise we are left with a part time starting goalkeeper.

I checked back on the website and it just says he was a temporary deal from Rangers, doesn't say how long we've got him. DJ was still here though and Kelly was meant to be giving him competition for the No1 shirt, DJ left and Kelly was our regular keeper by then so I would think he'd be staying till the end of the season.

I checked back on the website and it just says he was a temporary deal from Rangers, doesn't say how long we've got him. DJ was still here though and Kelly was meant to be giving him competition for the No1 shirt, DJ left and Kelly was our regular keeper by then so I would think he'd be staying till the end of the season.

Rangers website after the move - http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kelly-moves-loan/