Livingston - all the threads merged

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I was getting bored with being angry at football all the time. I'd personally like to thank Livi for bringing a bit of joy back. 

The madness of Livingston FC is entertaining. The way it causes seethe amongst fans of other clubs is hilarious too.

I have nothing but admiration for Livi fans.

Nonsense much worse than this happens to their club all the time and it would be an easy option to follow the Old Firm for some reflected glory like many others all over Scotland.

They've lost a lot of fans from their first spell in the SPL but their fans who stuck by them through the administrations and demotions deserve their recent success.

Miller is a twat anyway but I hope Hopkin waits for the United job. :whistle

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The madness of Livingston FC is entertaining. The way it causes seethe amongst fans of other clubs is hilarious too.

Nonsense much worse than this happens to their club all the time and it would be an easy option to follow the Old Firm for some reflected glory like many others all over Scotland.

They've lost a lot of fans from their first spell in the SPL but their fans who stuck by them through the administrations and demotions deserve their recent success.

Cheers mate, it's always a good laugh. Would never go support a different club as they wouldn't be my own. Stuck through them with everything as every Scottish football fan should 

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

They're a patient lot, I'll give them that. The sort of yearly shit that goes on there would have fans of most other clubs storming the baracades with pitchforks and flaming torches. They must be due some sort of award for loyalty. 

There's no way Hopkin would be allowed at the same clubs as Dave Bowman. The league would have to give the club a 15 certificate for the visual horror if nothing else. 

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Why did Hopkin leave anyway? He was the reason you got promoted.

Never really got an answer for that. Think it was wanting to leave on a high with lots of jobs in England available at the time.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why did Hopkin leave anyway? He was the reason you got promoted.

Thought he could get a job elsewhere, went to Carlisle and they changed the budget at the last minute and he backed out - unemployed ever since

Just now, accies1874 said:

The Record are claiming that the club didn't think he could cut it as player-manager. 

No chance we would make that decision after two league games, one being a 3-1 loss to Celtic away

Just now, ATLIS said:

No chance we would make that decision after two league games, one being a 3-1 loss to Celtic away

He was apparently given a "two-month probationary period".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-miller-axed-livingston-club-13107478

It seems very, very strange to make the decision so quickly, but he could be an absolute mess behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The Daily Retard on twitter reporting that Gary Holt and Gavin Skelton are the two favourites for the job.

I expect to see Hopkin in the dugout this Saturday for the game with St Mirren.

That's just based off of two guys we interviewed at the time. They were so shite they lost out to Kenny

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

He was apparently given a "two-month probationary period".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-miller-axed-livingston-club-13107478

It seems very, very strange to make the decision so quickly, but he could be an absolute mess behind the scenes. 

Would be amazing if so, no compensation due if he failed his probationary period. Just like a kid into his first job at Asda :D