Livingston - all the threads merged

Absolutely no danger Hopkin will return. His reputation is still relatively intact, despite being out of a job for a wee bit now. He’ll pick up a gig down South no problem once the merry go round starts wheeling round again come October/November time.

Surely got to be Holt who’ll get it now, given he was in for it beforehand.

Don't think there were many that were convinced he would be any good and the insistence of putting his name down first on the team sheet was undoubtedly affecting the team. He really didn't seem to have what it takes to perform an player manager role.

His playing style was too reminiscent of Hughes' tippy tappy and leaving out both Lithgow and Lamie in preference for a very shaky Saunders was truly baffling.

What surprised me though is why he was offered the job in the first place.

Don't think there were many that were convinced he would be any good and the insistence of putting his name down first on the team sheet was undoubtedly affecting the team. He really didn't seem to have what it takes to perform an player manager role.
His playing style was too reminiscent of Hughes' tippy tappy and leaving out both Lithgow and Lamie in preference for a very shaky Saunders was truly baffling.
What surprised me though is why he was offered the job in the first place.

Obviously talked a good game, and IMO we’ve not actually played poorly this season. Seriously lacking up front which will hopefully be rectified by Hardie’s return and the signing of another striker, I agree though that Kenny Miller’s inclusion on the pitch didn’t help in that regard. Constantly dropping deep to influence the play and just generally not being where you would expect him to be most of the time.

To be fair to him, he did have the awareness to sub himself off at Parkhead, switch to 4-4-2 and have a go. It’s not that he was clueless, I suspect his ego may have got in the way, with the best intent in the world.

Timing couldn’t be worse either, and I fully expect him to sign for another Premiership side and score against us now.

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

Obviously talked a good game, and IMO we’ve not actually played poorly this season. Seriously lacking up front which will hopefully be rectified by Hardie’s return and the signing of another striker, I agree though that Kenny Miller’s inclusion on the pitch didn’t help in that regard. Constantly dropping deep to influence the play and just generally not being where you would expect him to be most of the time.

To be fair to him, he did have the awareness to sub himself off at Parkhead, switch to 4-4-2 and have a go. It’s not that he was clueless, I suspect his ego may have got in the way, with the best intent in the world.

Timing couldn’t be worse either, and I fully expect him to sign for another Premiership side and score against us now.

Doubt it, would have to be from 46 yards if he did though, never far enough up the pitch to score from closer. Seriously though he isn't really playing as a striker these days, don't think he has the legs for it now, looked like he was bent over double a lot of the time trying to breath.

Have no idea about his managerial expectations but it is a relief he's away, I could see it being a major problem when Hardie was fit, Lee Miller and Hardie is a good partnership up front but seriously doubt Kenny Miller would've played them together. We haven't played badly nope, we've good players though and I think Keaghan would've done a better job playing where KM was playing, so all in all I think we're going to be better on the pitch now with KM gone.

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Didn't say we'd played badly either but did feel we'd lacked direction at time; we have some good players but they are used to playing attacking football rather than the long "preparation" stuff that results in always passing back to the goalkeeper.

Realistically if he'd wanted to start in management as a player manager then he would have been probably better off picking a team in the lower league where he gets more time.

Ultimately I dont think he was really a "fit"

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Amongst all the noise about Kenny Miller I stumbled across an article that states we've signed a Togolese right back with 6 international caps. Good Togolese name - Steve Lawson

http://telegramme228.com/steve-lawson-signe-au-livingston.html

Fucking striker we're needing no another defender.

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Quite honestly, this is a shock to me - I genuinely thought Miller was doing ok.

Is it that he's just pissed off with the corporate shenanigans behind the scenes?

That would be my guess, based on fuckall, 

There was an obvious problem up front that was going to become a big problem as the season went on, his player part of the player/manager wasn't really working.

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Amongst all the noise about Kenny Miller I stumbled across an article that states we've signed a Togolese right back with 6 international caps. Good Togolese name - Steve Lawson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tevi_Steve_Lawson 

The team he signed from were just promoted to the Swiss second division. Hopefully a Tony Andreu rather than David Luongo.

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There was an obvious problem up front that was going to become a big problem as the season went on, his player part of the player/manager wasn't really working.

Fair enough  - I was a wee bit concerned that Livi would struggle to replace Hopkin, who had been a revelation, imo, and I had kind of written them off - it looked to me as though Miller had started ok - seems I was wrong. 

29 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I believe this signing was going to be announced tomorrow, not sure that’ll be the case now :lol:

31 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Fucking striker we're needing no another defender. 

We've nobody to put the ball in the net and we sign another defender! Lee Miller went off injured yesterday so it could be that all we have for our next game is young Hamilton. 

Whit's goin' on??

6 minutes ago, orco said:

We've nobody to put the ball in the net and we sign another defender! Lee Miller went off injured yesterday so it could be that all we have for our next game is young Hamilton. 

Whit's goin' on??

Yeah and Kenny Miller leaving doesn't change that any, Miller wasn't playing as a striker anyway. Hardie reckoned he'd be able to play in 2 weeks time, so just the St Mirren game to get by and we'll have the Lee Miller and Ryan Hardie show on the road again. Until then we could play Robinson or Cadden up front with Hamilton. Was hoping when andylivi said we were signing a player this week it would've been a striker though, we're well backed up everywhere else.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah and Kenny Miller leaving doesn't change that any, Miller wasn't playing as a striker anyway. Hardie reckoned he'd be able to play in 2 weeks time, so just the St Mirren game to get by and we'll have the Lee Miller and Ryan Hardie show on the road again. Until then we could play Robinson or Cadden up front with Hamilton. Was hoping when andylivi said we were signing a player this week it would've been a striker though, we're well backed up everywhere else.

Tbf I was expecting it to be a forward player myself just going by Kenny Miller’s press conference. 

Last thing I expecting was a right back, hearing he can play further forward in the midfield too but aye still not ideal. 

Best for everyone involved that the plugs been pulled on the experiment early. Millers temperament didn't ever say to me management material, and the Livi job this year a particularly difficult one to cut your teeth on.
I'd like a Safe pair of hands in to steady the ship and consolidate a top 10 finish