Livingston - all the threads merged

Difficult to show talent when he's had 30 games over 3 years. I feel sorry for him. 

He needs a move (possibly permanent) in January to somewhere where he'll get a sustained run of games. Falkirk would be a good move for him, even if we take a loss somewhere down the line.

I don't think we'll be getting offers of the amounts being mentioned back when Rangers and Nottingham Forest were after him. If we can get anything for him I'd be surprised. 

Saying that though he is still young and can obviously improve. Another spell in League 1 could do him the world of good. 

Yeah he went to East Fife last season and wasn't even getting a game for them in a regular basis, yet Hamilton has sprung from nowhere and burst onto the scene ahead of him now. Looks like another Dylan Easton, full of early promise and looked a skilful player but ended up at Forfar. 

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah he went to East Fife last season and wasn't even getting a game for them in a regular basis, yet Hamilton has sprung from nowhere and burst onto the scene ahead of him now. Looks like another Dylan Easton, full of early promise and looked a skilful player but ended up at Forfar. 

Thing with our current team is he wouldn't need to be the most skillfull of players, workrate seems to be the biggest thing our team is based on and if he's not bothering the senior squad yet then perhaps his workrate is lacking. Saying that...19 is still young (I know Hamilton is 18) and some players take longer to develop. There's been a few players (especially in Italy) who don't seem to make the grade until they are a bit older. Rolando Bianchi is an example.

32 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Just thinking , could be Halkett last game for Livingston Saturday 

Would have to be a great offer minimum of a couple hundred thousand, Saw someone mention he would be going for £70,000, that to me is piffle.

Hopefully the club are looking at the possibility that with Halkett still in the team we could finish a couple of positions higher than without him and if so that would be more prize money in excess of £100,000.00. 

1 hour ago, Lothiangamer said:

Hopefully the club are looking at the possibility that with Halkett still in the team we could finish a couple of positions higher than without him and if so that would be more prize money in excess of £100,000.00. 

Aye, this.

How about we turn that frown up side down and dream for a bit: the recruitment at the club has been tremendous this past couple of years; what’s the chances that GH/DM have a gem up their sleeves?

Edited by crispy

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:38, EdinburghLivi said:

Difficult to show talent when he's had 30 games over 3 years. I feel sorry for him. 

He needs a move (possibly permanent) in January to somewhere where he'll get a sustained run of games. Falkirk would be a good move for him, even if we take a loss somewhere down the line.

Lost all the remaining sympathy I had for the boy after his sending off at the reserves game. Lost the head and got sent off since he couldn't shut up and then storms out the stadium. 

Lost cause defined to a tee.

I wanna talk about Steve Lawson. I have no idea what I think about him.

I feel like he has a lot of potential. His technical ability seems pretty good. When given time to pick a pass, he seems like he has the ability and vision to pull off a better pass than most.

He also seems to shit it out of every tackle he goes into. It stands out in a team that loves a good sliding tackle or an aggressive aerial battle. Seems like he’s a little afraid of getting hurt.

Where’s he supposed to even play? He plays right back for the Togo national team, but when he’s played on the right for us then he’s been dogshit. He doesn’t have the tackling ability to dislodge SB, SP or KJ, as without that tenacity in midfield then the better teams in this league will just cut us open again and again.

I fear that he’s a luxury that we can’t afford and he’ll never settle in this team. Which is a shame, as he’s clearly technically gifted.

Steve Lawson is a bit like a fish out of water in this Livi team.  He can play a bit but maybe not in the style we've adopted.  My heart sinks a little every time he comes on.  I do want him to do well but so far it's just not working. 

Lawson shows some nice touches but I wouldn’t start him ahead of anyone in any position. I see him as being more of an offensive player, ie not a replacement for Keaghan, but I think he gets played deeper as he can cover ground quicker.

On Sibbald, I think he shows some great touches and might be our best player to thread a ball through/over the defence I.e. intelligent footballer. However, I’m not sure he is Livi-aggressive and athletic enough, and his body language sometimes looks a bit off to me. That said, I thought he was much more competitive yesterday.

Edited by crispy

Sibbald didn't show great touches or passes yesterday, it was him faffing around on the edge of their box when we had them under pressure and made a 2 yard pass straight to and Aberdeen player, who then broke up the pitch and almost scored. Numerous times I saw him give away possession yesterday. Robinson is a better passer of the ball imo, he made some superb passes against Hearts.

Lawson's main value to the team is his versatility. He can come on and replace a number of different positions. The problem is that he's not particularly good at any of them.

Sibbald doesn't seem to fit the way we play. He doesn't have as much determination about the way he plays as others in the team. I still think he's a valuable player, however. Maybe needs a bit more game time to find his place.

36 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sibbald didn't show great touches or passes yesterday, it was him faffing around on the edge of their box when we had them under pressure and made a 2 yard pass straight to and Aberdeen player, who then broke up the pitch and almost scored. Numerous times I saw him give away possession yesterday. Robinson is a better passer of the ball imo, he made some superb passes against Hearts.

The ball through for Hardie was a good one. I think he had a great chance of scoring and I think we’d get at least a point. It is an ‘if’ but if Hardie wasn’t incorrectly flagged off then it’s a decisive pass from Sibbald. Defensive side of his game needs some work, I think.

Agreed that Robinson had some great passes against Hearts :)

Edited by crispy

43 minutes ago, crispy said:

The ball through for Hardie was a good one. I think he had a great chance of scoring and I think we’d get at least a point. It is an ‘if’ but if Hardie wasn’t incorrectly flagged off then it’s a decisive pass from Sibbald. Defensive side of his game needs some work, I think.

Agreed that Robinson had some great passes against Hearts :)

He just frustrated the shit out of me yesterday with all the balls he gave away, he looked much better in the Betfred games, but then again most of them were against lower league teams. He looked like having the ability to turn and run at defenders, take them on and beat them, as well as threading good passes, seen very little of that in games in the top flight. This was a big chance for him when Keaghan was out, but Keaghan wont be kept out of the team on that performance, I'd have Robinson in ahead of him too once he's fit, even Cadden, though Cadden frustrates me too.

Actually what has happened to Burns, thought he'd have been a better replacement for Keaghan than Sibbald, he looked the same type of gritty wee  CM.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He just frustrated the shit out of me yesterday with all the balls he gave away, he looked much better in the Betfred games, but then again most of them were against lower league teams. He looked like having the ability to turn and run at defenders, take them on and beat them, as well as threading good passes, seen very little of that in games in the top flight. This was a big chance for him when Keaghan was out, but Keaghan wont be kept out of the team on that performance, I'd have Robinson in ahead of him too once he's fit, even Cadden, though Cadden frustrates me too.

Yea, on the same page as you, I think. 

Looking forward to the rest of the season and hopefully we can add a face or two in January.