Livingston - all the threads merged

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

After Fri night's brilliant display Pittman might be a transfer target too, at least we've got him signed up for a couple of seasons though.

Hardie is here for the season, hopefully Halkett will be too.

How confident are you that the T&Cs mean Hardie couldn’t be recalled in Jan? I genuinely fear that now - just as we look like we might be dangerous up top as well as defensively sound. 

55 minutes ago, crispy said:

How confident are you that the T&Cs mean Hardie couldn’t be recalled in Jan? I genuinely fear that now - just as we look like we might be dangerous up top as well as defensively sound. 

He's only just back from injury, the whole point of loaning him out was to get him games and see what he could do against Premiership teams, I doubt very much Sevco are going to change that after only a couple of games. Only way he'd be going back to them early is if we weren't playing him, and that isn't likely.

He's only just back from injury, the whole point of loaning him out was to get him games and see what he could do against Premiership teams, I doubt very much Sevco are going to change that after only a couple of games. Only way he'd be going back to them early is if we weren't playing him, and that isn't likely.
Had a few conversations about ending loans early on our thread. Championship resident expert Skyline Drifter assures us that loans can only be terminated early with the agreement of both clubs and the player. Meaning if you want to keep Hardie until the loan expires you can do so and Rangers can do nothing about it.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yea, I should've said this first, it's more if he get another 1-2 goals before the window then you'd have to say he is one of the form strikers and together with the fact that Rangers are short of options (in part due to Morelos' suspensions) then I wonder whether they'd take a punt on him with them.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Had a few conversations about ending loans early on our thread. Championship resident expert Skyline Drifter assures us that loans can only be terminated early with the agreement of both clubs and the player. Meaning if you want to keep Hardie until the loan expires you can do so and Rangers can do nothing about it.

Much appreciated, Bairnardo. My other worry was (see a pattern here?) was that Worrell was possibly going to be recalled from Rangers and that paved the way for Halkett.

IF we can keep the team together through January, add one or two, and have a match-fit Hardie I think our second half of the season can be better - as deluded as that might sound. Note to self: just enjoy it while it's good!

Edited by crispy

I don't think we have to worry about Hardie tbh, he hasn't done enough yet since he's been injured, and even if he scores another few goals between now and January I think Rangers would rather spend a few million on some overrated 32 year old 'experienced' striker from somewhere down south.

I don't think we have to worry about Hardie tbh, he hasn't done enough yet since he's been injured, and even if he scores another few goals between now and January I think Rangers would rather spend a few million on some overrated 32 year old 'experienced' striker from somewhere down south.
Yeah, plus they have Pena coming back who had a very good strike rate for being unfit and having limited playing time

Holt saying in an interview with STV that if Sevco wanted Hardie back in Jan there's nothing he could do about it. Well there is but looks like we wouldn't stop them and cause ill feeling between the clubs.  We've has 3 of their players on loan the last few seasons right enough and they've all done a decent job for us.

Still don't think it'll happen, Hardie wont score in every game but he'd be virtually guaranteed a regular start with us anyway, but he'd be 4th choice striker with Sevco and the minute he didn't score from any appearances he got he'd end up in the reserves.

I guess i'd ask what you think Rangers have to lose by taking Hardie back? He might score a few for them = win; he doesn't score = no loss, stick him in the reserves. If he went back this time and it didn't work out I don't think they'd keep him beyond the summer so not sure the loss of 'development time' would really matter to them. Unless Gerrard is looking at the longer game.

Defeats the whole purpose of giving him another season on their books and putting him out on loan to get game time in the Premiership, to then have a make of break decision on them keeping him. He's on last chance saloon this season, if he doesn't impress them at Livi they wont give him anymore contracts. I think it's more risky for Hardie going back early, he will be a big hit with us again, get another season at Ibrox, and have a fresh start next season to break into their team.  

On the other hand the long game for us is to let him go back  to them knowing they'll not give him much of a chance this season, his contract runs out in the summer and we pick him up for next season. Selfishly i'd love it if he ended up in a Liam Kelly and Craig Halkett situation at Sevco and signed for us.

Hardie playing for us works for the rangers in as much as we could feasibly take points off their competition yet he's not allowed to play against them. Playing for them he'd be unlikely to get much more than a few minutes off the bench.

Edited by Durnford

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Halkett playing for us works for the rangers in as much as we could feasibly take points off their competition yet he's not allowed to play against them. Playing for them he'd be unlikely to get much more than a few minutes off the bench.

I hope you mean Hardie and you've not found out they've got Halkett on some undercover operation :lol: