Livingston - all the threads merged

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Any chance of Raffa playing on Sunday?

Hopefully Menga will be fit too, Hardie will be out against his parent club but if Menga starts and Raffa comes on around the 65th minute then I think we'd have a good attack.

I thought rafa might be back on the bench on Sunday and then again tonight, maybe he’s had a set-back or we’re just being extra careful with him. Does anyone know if he played with the reserves this week?

Thought sibbald put some outstanding deliveries into the box today but nobody was really close to getting on the end of them. Thought it was pretty wasteful. One of our biggest strengths early on in the season was set pieces but I don’t think we’ve scored from one since the home game against Dundee? Would be good to get back to scoring from them.

38 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

I thought rafa might be back on the bench on Sunday and then again tonight, maybe he’s had a set-back or we’re just being extra careful with him. Does anyone know if he played with the reserves this week?

Thought sibbald put some outstanding deliveries into the box today but nobody was really close to getting on the end of them. Thought it was pretty wasteful. One of our biggest strengths early on in the season was set pieces but I don’t think we’ve scored from one since the home game against Dundee? Would be good to get back to scoring from them.

Yeah thought we might have him on the bench tonight too but Keaghan was dropped to the bench, presumably saving him for Sunday's game against Sevco so maybe Raffa is just being kept for that game too, scored in a reserve game last week so can't be far away.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Found it a little unusual that Pitts was subbed last night. Can't even remember the last time that happened? Certainly not since league 1???

I think he picked up a knock in the challenge with Shaughnessy which lead to Halkett's free kick. He went down near the half way line a short while later. He carried on for a while so I don't think it was anything serious but his influence definitely diminished after that challenge.

Gutted to lose that one last night. Quite similar to the Hearts game in that we had a decent bit of possession but did work the 'keeper enough. Really fine margins in these games and, so far, it looks like the difference between us sneaking into the top 6. 

Edited by crispy

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What kind of player should we expect in big Henk?

No idea, he’s played 1 minute of first team football when he came on at the end of the Celtic game. 

I’ve seen him a few times for the reserves and he’s been solid, comfortable on the ball and is a big lad but it’s an extremely poor level so difficult to judge. 

Hopefully does you a turn and shows he has potential to come back to us and break into the first team. 

No idea, he’s played 1 minute of first team football when he came on at the end of the Celtic game. 
I’ve seen him a few times for the reserves and he’s been solid, comfortable on the ball and is a big lad but it’s an extremely poor level so difficult to judge. 
Hopefully does you a turn and shows he has potential to come back to us and break into the first team. 
Fair enough, sounds fairly inexperienced but he'd need to be seriously bad to be any worse than king jobber Andy Dowie.

It'll be tough for both of them. The championship is a difficult league, but it's a good move for Hamilton. He's got the potential to do well there if he can get a run of games.

Henk could be outstanding or a disaster for Dumbarton. Both of them have a lot of potential, and both moves will hopefully work out to be great for everyone involved.

We've got to be looking to bring in someone up top now surely?

Agree with all the comments. Tough challenges for both players, I hope they do well.

Think we're down to 23 first team players now which is a bit lighter than previously. Most concerningly for me is the defensive situation given we do have some good attacking players to come back.

Presumably Menga is looking good for Sunday.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Really leaves us short in the forward area again, even with Miller and Raffa back I still feel we’d be one light. 

The club must have someone lined up to come in letting Hamilton go, the question is who ? 

I’ve not heard any rumours so there is nothing in this at all other than they could be realistic targets... Craig Wighton on loan from Hearts, Oli Shaw from Hibs if they look to bring in someome else, another loan from Cardiff, then the rumours about the lad Henderson that went around a few weeks ago, Kris Boyd ? 

Any other names anyone wants to throw in ? 

Edited by andylivi1

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd take Lukaku from Man Utd, he's not getting much football with Rashford in the form he's in, could prob make a decent challenge to our starting eleven though.

No thanks, wouldn’t cut it in Scottish football.