Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Rooney will likely be playing centre half. One of their back 3 is isolating.

even better...get Jacko and Jack bombing down the wings, feeding big Jet who can body Rooney at CB

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

even better...get Jacko and Jack bombing down the wings, feeding big Jet who can body Rooney at CB

The one thing Rooney won’t be is beaten physically. Play some quick and agile and they’ll run rings round him at centreback, but playing into his biggest asset makes no sense at all. 

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

The one thing Rooney won’t be is beaten physically. Play some quick and agile and they’ll run rings round him at centreback, but playing into his biggest asset makes no sense at all. 

Have you seen JET? He'll bully literally anyone in the league.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

stories of Aberdeen chasing Jet. I'm sure he's out of contract but I remember reading Davie saying if Jet goes to a side in Scotland or England we'd be due a fee?

Don't think that's right. 

His best performances were against the sheep right enough, scored in a few games against them too. Would imagine he'd be after more money abroad than they'd be able to offer him though, only came to us for peanuts cause football shut down in Asia.

14 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I agree we should be looking to ditch the 4-2-3-1 but I'd be tempted to go more 3-5-2.

Stryjek

Efe - Fitzwater - Guthrie

McMillan - Sibbald - Bartley - Pittman - Longridge

Kabia - Jet

Use our wingbacks to keep Rooney etc pushed back

Yeah Josh, Marv and Sibbs were game managed against Sevco trying to save them for the St Johnstone game, as was Martindale taking off Fitzwater for Efe, and JET later on too, trying to save them as much as possible for Saturday.

Just as long as he doesn't play Marv on the wing and arse around with players playing out of position to nulify a St Johnstone player. We need to set ourselves up to win this game, not stop the opposition playing.

I fancy a 4-1-4-1 formation. Really attack them. 

Stryjeck

McMillan  Fitzwater  Guthrie Longridge

Bartley

JET         Pittman          Sibbald     Kabia

Forrest. 

14 hours ago, Widge said:

I think Kabia would give him a roasting, Rooney was a bit wound up against him in the cup final, losing his rag, hopefully he starts on Sat, or at least gets a decent amount of time 2nd half.

Just sent my nominations in for

• Player of the Year
  • Young Player of the Year (currently 23 and under)
  • Goal of the Season .

PoTY for me was between Devlin and Sibbald, although he frustrates me with his final ball i voted Devlin, mostly because it'll annoy a lot of Livi fans if he gets it (only joking).😂

YPoTY was Jack McMillan, although Jack Hamilton has had a great season, it has mostly been for on loan teams and not Livi, so couldn't give him it, Jack McMillan has a fantastic attitude patiently awaiting his chance for regular starts, never moaned about not getting his chance, and just works hard and gets on with it. Truly deserves his shot next season.

Goal of the season was between JET's against Hamilton & Serrano's at Celtic park, the latter was a thunderfuck of a strike from outside the box, beautiful to watch, but JET gets it for pure skill and composure, flicking it up and hitting it on the turn into the top corner, what a goal that was (lovely work from Devlin with the assist too).

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think Kabia would give him a roasting, Rooney was a bit wound up against him in the cup final, losing his rag, hopefully he starts on Sat, or at least gets a decent amount of time 2nd half.

Dunno what game you were watching, but Kabia didn’t play in the final at all and I don’t remember Rooney getting wound up at all, certainly didn’t affect his overall performance if he was. 

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Dunno what game you were watching, but Kabia didn’t play in the final at all and I don’t remember Rooney getting wound up at all, certainly didn’t affect his overall performance if he was. 

Must have my games mixed up, maybe the game before the final then, Rooney gave Kabia a shove and Marv went over and had a work with him about it. Young fella got Brown sent off too, seems to wind opposition players up for being a pain to play against.

Martindale says we're letting approximately 15 players go, we'll hear about it early next week.

Probables are:

Alan Lithgow
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Scott Robinson
Scott Tiffoney
Raffaele De Vita
Efe Ambrose
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair 
Steve Lawson 
Robby McCrorie
Julien Serrano
Ross Stewart 

Who else? Pignatiello? Reilly, SAL, Matej? Diani?

Edited by thruthenight

7 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Raffaele De Vita

lol is he on a lifetime deal or something? I had no idea he was still contracted to the club. I'm not complaining, though, Raffa is a Livi legend.

Sibbald, Serrano, Jet vs. Hamilton.
Scott Robinson's against Kilmarnock was probably better than Jet's though.
I noticed none of Robinson's goals were on the list. His goals v Killie and Ross County would probably have been on it of he hadn't spat the dummy I reckon.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Martindale says we're letting approximately 15 players go, we'll hear about it early next week.

Probables are:

Alan Lithgow
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Scott Robinson
Scott Tiffoney
Raffaele De Vita
Efe Ambrose
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair 
Steve Lawson 
Robby McCrorie
Julien Serrano
Ross Stewart 

Who else? Pignatiello? Reilly, SAL, Matej? Diani?

Pignatiello was mentioned as having a part to play next season in an interview this week.

Wonder if it's youth players as well?

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I don’t remember Rooney getting wound up at all, certainly didn’t affect his overall performance if he was. 

Didn't he have a wee kick at Bartley's head or something when he was on the deck?

Obviously haven't seen him as much as St Johnstone fans but he always seemed to me like a player who's capable of a heads gone moment if he gets a bit annoyed. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Sibbald, Serrano, Jet vs. Hamilton.

Scott Robinson's against Kilmarnock was probably better than Jet's though.

Was literally about to type out this message word for word :D My exact choices