Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

If Tiffoney and Hamilton return I think that gives us enough options up front

On this point, what a mistake sending them both out on loan. Tiffoney, in particular, would have been a great option for us recently. In my opinion, he's better than Poplatnik. Hamilton soon will be too, if he isn't already.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

14 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Honestly, it was such a pleasure to be able to do this interview with him.
He mentions a couple of times that he was getting emotional and its true!
To think he played less than 70 games for us and holds those kind of memories for us.

I think you made his day. You could hear him glowing when he talked about his teammates and his time at the club. Such a humble guy as well.

Really, really great interview. Can't complement it enough.

I think you made his day. You could hear him glowing when he talked about his teammates and his time at the club. Such a humble guy as well.
Really, really great interview. Can't complement it enough.
We are getting almost daily messages from him thanking us again and stuff!
Honestly it's utterly surreal!

Thanks for the kind words about it as well. I'm still in shock that we even managed to get him.

Liv's overall  20/21 season has them achieving more than expected, for their budget,
but it's quite alarming how a team heading for a great season can simply explode at the finishing line, the signs have been there in some games where the whole team couldn't string a pass together.
To me, the main problem lies in the type of players, and quality, too many similar  type players in the squad, and playing a system which lacks pace getting players up the park for support
The amount of players that lack ball control and composure, has been evident all season
Scott Pittman over the seasons has been Liv's driving force with bursting runs from midfield, weaving  past defenders getting shots away, getting into the box causing  problems, he's lost the ability to do what he was good at, and it's not just being off form, I think he has peaked  over the last couple of years. This season he panics loses the ball as soon as he receives it, can't get by a defender, I can't  see him getting any better

Jason Holt, where do I start, he's so frustrating on the ball, slows the game down with his constant back and side passing, he need's to gamble more, be more direct get the ball forward quicker, he's quite happy strolling  around at the back, dithering  on the ball, if he's not going to be more direct he should move on

John Guthrie has been a shadow of the player he was. He's lost a bit of pace, not as commanding in the box, it doesn't help when there's  no quality  beside him.

Josh Mullin has lost his way, doesn't get forward enough, does very little on the ball, the only thing I see him good at is crosses from a dead ball, he lacks the enthusiasm of trying to get involved in a game

Nick Devlin's running and ball control is good enough, he needs to spend the summer practicing his crossing

Marvin Bartley honestly need's to hang up his boots immediately, not phase him out next season

Craig Sibbald overall  has had a decent season, good ball control, running, and always good for a long distance shot, has become better and more influential than Pittman

Next seasons priority, a complete new formation (System) 2 Attacking midfielders, Central defender, 2 Forwards and a new Manager

On 01/05/2021 at 19:33, Livi Del Boy said:

Another ostrich. You know it’s coming. 

What is? Financial oblivion? Hauled over the coals by the authorities due to nefarious folk being involved in the club?

Come on, enough nodding your head at the bar. 

On 01/05/2021 at 21:40, Troy.1995 said:

JustSo much rhetoric. Give me a break.Weve achieved what we had to do with aplomb..Yeh,its still in our hands for 5th.Not interested  tbf.More concerned  about next season tbh.We are a Premier team.Hopefully we will be the same this time next season .

It was in your hands until Saturday, its in both clubs hands now with both facing the old firm then head to head on the last day. its likely we will both go into that game tied on points and just goal difference splitting us.

The results since we met at the start of February is relegation form from Livingston, can your manager turn things around in the last 2 games?

Whether 5th will even matter will be decided next weekend  in the Hibs v Dundee United game as if United win then its the cup winners only.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Has there been any more news about Livi's UEFA licence as I notice that it's been refused here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7835/scottish-fa-club-licensing-awards-april-2021.pdf

Livi are not the only Premiership club according to this that has not got a UEFA Licence, neither do St Mirren and they are in the Semi final. Should they go on and win the final, what then happens to the Europa League spot as  it is not due to be reviewed until 2022. to be honest, and I hate to say it but I can't see us finishing 5th anyway, :( Hope I'm wrong.

53 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Livi are not the only Premiership club according to this that has not got a UEFA Licence, neither do St Mirren and they are in the Semi final. Should they go on and win the final, what then happens to the Europa League spot as  it is not due to be reviewed until 2022. to be honest, and I hate to say it but I can't see us finishing 5th anyway, :( Hope I'm wrong.

Hmm forgot that St Mirren were still in the hunt. If they won it but don't get a licence, then it would go to 3rd in the league.  

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Would seem to be, though who knows whether that's too late for UEFA.

Maybe one for @craigkillie. I am not sure if there will be a change this season but I believe there was a deadline in July for submitting UEFA representatives that came up during the Hearts saga.

On 01/05/2021 at 19:24, Merkland Red said:

A bit wild? Will finish at least 6th and were running Aberdeen close for 4th.

Yeah the fella is living in some sort of dreamland with his expectations, top 6 two seasons running, on either the lowest or second lowest budget, and thinks the players aren't a good enough calibre for our budget, boggles the mind how his logic works.

Yeah we've not been hitting the same performances/results since the cup final loss, but we also started the season pretty poorly till Holt quit, then went on an incredible run, way above any expectation for a team our size, and are again comfortably staying up (which is our remit each season), and again finishing top 6. It's the whole season you have to look at and where we finish, not the start, middle, or end spells. 

Martindale will make mistakes, he's new to managing the team fully, making all the calls on the pitch, this poor spell could be the making of him if he learns from it, hopefully he will because he's been unbelievable for us behind the scenes, recruiting players and the like, and deserves massive credit for our rise from League One to the Premiership. Would be shite if it all ended tits up for him now he's got his shot at management.

He's already ,making moves for players next season though, looking like Obileye is signing for us, a player we've severely been needing to add physicality in defence. Scores a few goals too, which is always a bonus from a defensive player.

Pisser the last few games are fizzling out for us dropping to 6th, but it has been 3 comfortable seasons in the top flight, compared to Accies, who are on a comparable budget with Livi, and are constantly fighting for survival each season. Which is exactly where we should be too, and all credit to Accies for being on their 7th top flight season, beating off relegation, against teams on higher budgets. Just wait till our bubble bursts and we stop punching above our weight, Livi fans will be having breakdowns all over the shop.