Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, Andrew McIvor said:

LIVINGSTON FANS HELP WANTED 

Hi, I'm a current student and am completing a dissertation at the University of Stirling. I am doing a study on addressing the impact of stadium closures due to Covid 19 on the loyalty of Scottish Premiership fans. I would love to gain an insight into the perspectives of fans from each club in the Premiership. I would be so thankful if any loyal and passionate fans would like to help myself out with a quick interview online. If you would be interested could you drop a comment and I will get back to as soon as possible! 

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Would've been inclined to help but f**k me you've spammed the utter f**k out of the entire forum :D 

Livingston hope to bring 23-year-old former North Macedonia Under-21 defender Filip Trajanovski, who has been without a club since leaving Skopje in January, to Scotland on trial with a view to signing him for next season.

6ft CB last with FK Skopje in Macedonia, has played in Sweden as well

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Livingston hope to bring 23-year-old former North Macedonia Under-21 defender Filip Trajanovski, who has been without a club since leaving Skopje in January, to Scotland on trial with a view to signing him for next season.

Sounds promising.Need to have a look at him first.But if he's anything like his countrymen.Could be a rough diamond 💎. 🤞🦁.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Short arse for a CB, we'll prob shift him to LB/LWB/winger/CF No9.

Reluctantantly I don't think Hamilton is cut out for for the SPL.Shame as we had hoped he would step up and take his chance.He hasn't unfortunately. The forwards we have left need to give Davie a decision  to make at the end of the season.At least another season in the SPL will give him the opportunity to do so.

33 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Reluctantantly I don't think Hamilton is cut out for for the SPL.Shame as we had hoped he would step up and take his chance.He hasn't unfortunately. The forwards we have left need to give Davie a decision  to make at the end of the season.At least another season in the SPL will give him the opportunity to do so.

Still a young player with plenty of learning and growth ahead of him yet, but would agree with you that he doesn't fit in with how we want him to play, he isn't a mobile No9 like Anderson, and never will be, but then neither is Nouble, we just need to change how we play him to get the best from him. Whether Martindale will do that is another story. He's a decent goal scorer though, and wouldn't mid seeing how him and Nouble got on playing together, with Nouble giving passes through on goal. Might need another player to do all the running though, if we play the same tactics as this season, so maybe Forrest (if he's still here) does the leg work to allow Hamilton to play his natural game.

Yeh,good response L/F.Im not completely writing him off.But he does seem more comfortable a level down.If as it seems we look to have sustained our place in the SPL for another season even outwith the top top 6 as I suspect.We are not going to rely on Bruce leading the line for another season with the problems he's got.As weve both said,Jack is young and so full of promise.Its frustrating that he's not grabbed the chance to make the number 9 his.Next season is definitely going to be interesting especially up front.But we'll be at the top table again,despite the doubters.🦁👏👍.

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Fitzwater wins POTM for March. After a shaky start at Livi, he's become such an important and solid player for us.

Bit of a shite month for us with only 3 goals in 3 games, and one was an og, losing 2 of them too. Stop start with breaks too.

I hadn't even noticed the vote for this one, prob due to not going on the website or twitter with feckall happening due to the international break, wwould've struggled to think of any stand outs though tbh, who else was in the vote?

I like the front 3 of Nouble, Bailey and Forrest. Who plays what position, that's up to Martindale. I love the pace and direct running of Bailey. Forrest has shown consistent form since December, form that we've not seen from him since playing for the Lions and Nouble is just tremendous. I love his physique and skill. He's like Dolly Menga but good. 

I also think Montano could come in and try and claim a starting place as well, as for Soto. We'll see, I'm not convinced. 

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

I like the front 3 of Nouble, Bailey and Forrest. Who plays what position, that's up to Martindale. I love the pace and direct running of Bailey. Forrest has shown consistent form since December, form that we've not seen from him since playing for the Lions and Nouble is just tremendous. I love his physique and skill. He's like Dolly Menga but good. 

I also think Montano could come in and try and claim a starting place as well, as for Soto. We'll see, I'm not convinced. 

Three terrific players, but not one of them is a striker in my view. Not in the strictest sense of the word anyway, and probably not in the way that Martindale would like his striker to play. 

It's an ideal opportunity to maybe try a couple of different ways to play, but I think we're really going to rue Anderson being out for the foreseeable. It's a real blow, make no mistake. 

Soto seems to be a clearly talented player, but not one who's used to our system at all. Very good with a clever flick, but we don't need that, we need someone who can hold the ball up while the midfield catches up, or someone who can run in behind to a ball over the top.

His baseline seems very good though. He'll be a success if and only if he is a fast learner. 

3 hours ago, spiggle said:

Out of the three Forrest is the best for the centre striker role in a front three, but his best position is on the left side. Bailey is best on the right. And Nouble is good either side, but not so good in the centre. So basically we've got to hope Soto can fill that centre role, have Forrest on the left and Nouble right. Then have Bailey come on in the right and either sub Forrest and move Nouble over to the left or sub Nouble.

We're fortunate that Nouble can play equally good either side though, which gives us options for either Forrest or Bailey playing opposite him, as he can switch to either wing.

Agree Montano is also a decent choice of playing in the left of a front three, will depend on how committed Forrest is in our final 7 games. A fully committed Forrest is def first choice starter, but if he plays within himself like he did against Hearts he's not much use to us.

11 hours ago, Buckets said:

2,500 free tickets given away in the South and East stands for the Motherwell game again. Might get the main stand sold out hopefully. 

Good stuff, it will create a good atmosphere for such an important game, hopefully we can get a win and secure our 3rd consecutive top 6 spot too. Which will add to the buzz around the stadium for the young fans, encouraging them back.