Livingston - all the threads merged

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-set-trigger-contract-extensions-29330911

Boyes, Obileye, Montano, and Nouble all having their extra year extensions triggered. Specifically mentions Devlin, Holt, Omeonga and Shinnie as players out of contract that are looking for more money, sounds like expecting them to be off. 

Callum Carson also suggesting that Deas will be done.

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-set-trigger-contract-extensions-29330911

Boyes, Obileye, Montano, and Nouble all having their extra year extensions triggered. Specifically mentions Devlin, Holt, Omeonga and Shinnie as players out of contract that are looking for more money, sounds like expecting them to be off. 

Come home Nicky. 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

All those player are 30 or older this year with the exception of Omeonga.

Cant see us holding on to Shinnie; I like Holt and think he still has a lot to offer but he seems to have propped out of favour recently.

Omeonga will probably be out of our price range.

Nicky Devlin appears to have been losing pace against attacking wingers recently (unless he's carrying an injury). He can still do a job for us but then again isn't irreplaceable.

Players expect a raise upon each contract extension and it's possible we can't even afford to offer their current terms again. The covid financial effects have hit now, Martindale has said, so the budget is down on what it was one and two years ago.

Shinnie will likely be let go as he's older and features less than the other three mentioned. We'll be lucky to find the money for one of Holt or Omeonga. I hope we can but be braced to lose both. Devlin might be prioritised of the four. Managing to finish Top Six and the extra prize money awarded for that could make the difference here.

Sean Kelly was signed after being released by a third tier side. That career background of player is one we can actually afford without caveats. The others mentioned come to Livi at well below their earning potential. They do so in exchange for increased exposure, as Martindale said in the report there. We can't keep these players long term as they come to the club thinking it can provide a career bounce.

Edited by FreedomFarter

9 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Players expect a raise upon each contract extension and it's possible we can't even afford to offer their current terms again. The covid financial effects have hit now, Martindale has said, so the budget is down on what it was one and two years ago.

Shinnie will likely be let go as he's older and features less than the other three mentioned. We'll be lucky to find the money for one of Holt or Omeonga. I hope we can but be braced to lose both. Devlin might be prioritised of the four. Managing to finish Top Six and the extra prize money awarded for that could make the difference here.

Sean Kelly was signed after being released by a third tier side. That career background of player is one we can actually afford without caveats. The others mentioned come to Livi at well below their earning potential. They do so in exchange for increased exposure, as Martindale said in the report there. We can't keep these players long term as they come to the club thinking it can provide a career bounce.

As far as I'm aware, Omeonga and Shinnie are on high wages. Both haven't provided enough to justify keeping them on that salary. They've both been good players, and assets to the squad of course, but as high earners then they're first out the door when we're needing to be more conscious about finances.

Holt may well fall into the same bracket. Devlin as captain is slightly different, but he could move on and get more money elsewhere, and I wouldn't blame him for that.

I'd be surprised if any of the 4 are here next season.

11 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

As far as I'm aware, Omeonga and Shinnie are on high wages. Both haven't provided enough to justify keeping them on that salary. They've both been good players, and assets to the squad of course, but as high earners then they're first out the door when we're needing to be more conscious about finances.

I've suspected Martindale has always seen Omeonga as effectively on a two season loan at us, so remote was the chance of Omeonga signing another contract. Then that might've caused Martindale to prioritise the selection of other players who were more likely to be at the club longer term. Probably not, though, this is me pulling ideas out my arse.

I do think contract situations affect team selection to some extent, though. Sean Kelly was identified as a good candidate to remould into a much needed, post-Bartley midfield anchor. Probably the potential for Sean Kelly to be at the club longer term was partly what made Martindale decide to do it. You need Sean Kellys and Scott Pittmans, the fully affordable players, to become longer term squad backbone. 

Think next season Pittman will be forced into a deeper midfield role, not quite holding midfield but slightly less box to box than he currently is. His G/A for an attacking midfielder is non existent. Stephen Kelly should play in that “10” role, while we have a base of Sean Kelly and Pitts. Obviously we will need to add to that for depth but it’s not a horrendous outlook. Would be ideal if we could manage to keep one of Holt or omeonga though. Losing Holt, Fitz, Shinnie, omeonga and Devlin would be a very large amount of prem experience disappearing at once.

Edited by Menga Bus

Out of the 4 Holt and Devlin would be the biggest losses. Devlin probably the priority to keep and the emergence of Stephen Kelly/Sean Kelly has meant that Holt may be easier to take as a loss. I wouldn't be too bothered in losing Omeonga or Shinnie to be honest.

I'd echo all of the above - Devlin and Holt should be the priority

Shinnie has been a good player for us, but I get the feeling he's close losing any pace he had, and Omeonga doesn't justify the wage demand

With Parkes likely to leave, along with Fitzwater, I'd hope Martindale can get contracts fot the first two. The article reads more like a warning to their agents, especially given Martindale essentially froze out Robinson and Byrne once they wanted to leave. 

TBF,haven't seen enough of Brandon to offer any fair critique.Looks promising though.Time will come when some that have been mentioned will leave the club.Can but hope that those coming in can be suitable replacements.Guess we'll have to trust Davies judgement here again.Certianly interesting times ahead.🤷‍♂️.

22 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Think next season Pittman will be forced into a deeper midfield role, not quite holding midfield but slightly less box to box than he currently is. His G/A for an attacking midfielder is non existent. Stephen Kelly should play in that “10” role, while we have a base of Sean Kelly and Pitts.

Completely agree that Kelly should be the 10 but I'm not convinced Pittman's the right type of player to play deeper. I'd be doing whatever possible to keep a hold of Holt or Omeonga.

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026
32. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024
🇺🇸 Brian Schwake - 2023

Defenders
2. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin - 2023
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Tom Parkes - 2024
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2024
11. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2024
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Morgan Boyes - 2024
23. 🇩🇴 Luiyi de Lucas - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jackson Longridge - 2023

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
17. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2025
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2024
24. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Sean Kelly - 2024
33. 🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga - 2023
🇨🇬 Scott Bitsindou - 2024 (1 year extension option)

Forwards
7. 🇨🇬 Dylan Bahamboula - 2024 (1 year extension option)
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Steven Bradley - 2025
19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2024
28. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Kurtis Guthrie - 2024 (1 year extension option)
🇬🇼 Esmael Goncalves - 2024 (1 year extension option)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024
🇮🇪 Jaze Kabia - 2023

In
Dylan Bahamboula - Oldham Athletic
Scott Bitsindou - KSK Lierse Kempenzonen
Steven Bradley - Hibernian
Jamie Brandon - Heart of Midlothian
Phillip Cancar - Western Sydney Wanderers
Luiyi de Lucas - FC Haka
Shamal George - Colchester United
Esmaël Gonçalves - Sheikh Russel
Kurtis Guthrie - RoundGlass Punjab
Jack Hamilton - Greenock Morton
Stephen Kelly - Rangers

Out
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan return)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan return)
Phillip Cancar - Newcastle Jets
Caleb Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa (Loan return)
Harrison Clark - Gateshead
Alan Forrest - Heart of Midlothian
Keaghan Jacobs - Arbroath
Ivan Konovalov - FC Tobol
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan return)
Jack McMillan - Partick Thistle
Josh Mullin - Ayr United
Carlo Pignatiello - Greenock Morton
Matej Poplatnik - Ilireja 1911

Craig Sibbald - Dundee United
Sebastian Soto - Norwich City (Loan return)
Max Stryjek - Wycombe Wanderers
Gavin Reilly - Queen of the South

Contract Expiring

🇺🇸 Brian Schwake
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jackson Longridge
🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga
🇮🇪 Jaze Kabia

Edited by EdinburghLivi

31 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Jackson Longridge, please please tell me some good things and he's not a dud!

As said above, a good player but not quite cut out for a fight for top 6 in the Premiership. I'd be surprised if he doesn't do well in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

As said above, a good player but not quite cut out for a fight for top 6 in the Premiership. I'd be surprised if he doesn't do well in the Championship.

Sounds better than what we have. Doubt he's anywhere close to Harry Milne or Max Johnston but should do well for us.

We have our a fight of our own. Hopefully he can help with our survival bid. A lot rides on us staying up as there is the promise of switching from PT to FT if we manage it.