Livingston - all the threads merged

Pittman dispossessed their holding mid to begin the move for our first goal yesterday. He then closed down their centre back causing a bad pass to begin the move for our third goal. The 3-4-2-1 gives Pittman that higher starting position so his high pressing can be utilised. I'm very happy to see that as the deeper role of the last two seasons didn't get the best out of him. There's also now Holt pressing in behind Pittman as having Sangare (or Sean Kelly) as a holder frees Holt up. It's like Pittman - Byrne again from the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons but Pittman - Holt now.

No matter which players are yet brought in, our best signing this summer was Holt's new contract. I really didn't expect him to still be at us. He holds our midfield together. 

Edited by FreedomFarter

Really intimate experience being so close to the pitch, only about 4 feet from the touchline. You could hear the players talking to one another, and the lino being mic'd up talking to the ref. Devlin telling players to go press the ball and he'd back them up, so they knew he had them covered if the ball got past them.

You can see Sangare is still needing games to settle into how we play, and the Scottish game, so these cup games are ideal for that, also getting the chance to bring Ledingham on for his competitive debut.

Still not sure what our best back three will be, obv Devlin is going to be one, Ayo has the most experience playing for us in the top flight, and Boyes is the best going forward working overlaps with the LWB, but we're still mixing it up getting everyone match fit. Would like us to decide on a settled back 3 before the league starts and start playing a settled starting line up in defence for our last couple of cup games.

54 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How did Leadingham look? 

I'm starting to really rate Devlin highly, if he stays fit then we've got an absolute star there on a decently long term deal (if the extension clauses are met). 

Devlin shouldn't be anywhere near us...it's another corker of a signing by Martindale.

34 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🤣

There's a reason no-one else has touched him mate.

Live the guy but he's broken.

Only a few games in but he's very very good. Obviously the worry is him keeping fit but so far so good lol.

At least his deal is 1+1+1 with each year extension based on making a certain number of starts

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Only a few games in but he's very very good. Obviously the worry is him keeping fit but so far so good lol.

At least his deal is 1+1+1 with each year extension based on making a certain number of starts

He was ridiculously good at one point. I'd love to see him get back to his best again. Great player and always comes across as a great guy.

First game against Rangers endeared himself to the crowd. Grabbed Airfield by the collar. Next time Arfield had the ball he sclaffed it in to row Z under no pressure.

Yeah that's the risk we've taken, but he's a standout CB, and would make a huge difference to our defence this season if he stays injury free. He's very vocal and will help organize the back 3. It was a big weakness for us in the 2nd half of the season, the amount of goals we conceded. Hopefully Boyes learns a lot from Devlin too, and it helps him develop a bit this season too.  

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

How did Leadingham look? 

I'm starting to really rate Devlin highly, if he stays fit then we've got an absolute star there on a decently long term deal (if the extension clauses are met). 

Wasn't on long but didn't do anything wrong, which is more than i can say about Parkes when he came on, he almost scored an og with a pass back. Kept Shamal on his toes anyway.🤣

21 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

After how good the away top is I find the home top underwhelming but it may grow on me 

LiviDrawBag-3.png

Thought the exact same, it was never going to be as good as last season's as well. Think that looks more like a training top but like you, hoping it grows on me a bit more.

10 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Lucas Stenhouse has been loaned to Boness United until January.

Makes sense I suppose - six months competitive games; hopefully playing every week, should help him. 

After the loan period; hopefully he can return and get some first team appearances.

14 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I like it.Good to go back to our traditional colours.End of the day its up to fans to chose their preference. 🤷‍♂️👍.

At the end of the day it could be pink with royal blue pinstripes and we'd still sell out in L; XL and XXL before Christmas. Not that I'm suggesting that as an alternative.

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

is this correct? First I've heard of it.

It was on the graphic of the fixture list we put out a week or two back, no official announcement or mention of it (other than either Dave Black or Martindale saying something about having 2 more friendlies left after the QoS game).