Livingston - all the threads merged

58 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

@RandomGuy. Got a thing for Nottingham at CB? 

livi.thumb.png.79c2f60d855699631ff11a6e08736a93.png

Last 2 seasons.

Wonder if the drop off in defensive stuff is why he played a lot less mins, or because he played less mins?

Seems like a decent L1 CB beyond that potential worry, so you'd think that would translate to our league well.

13 hours ago, Durnford said:

After the loan period; hopefully he can return and get some first team appearances.

If he does well, it's more likely we will stick him at a part-time team in League 1 or 2.

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We lost 800k last year, we're not 800k in debt. 

Pretty sure we were already in debt so its probably worse than that unless we've got a cash injection from somewhere.

At the end of the day its all relative. Had we finished in the top half it would have taken care of at least half of that.

Likewise a successful campaign this year and we should be able to make a dent in that; really though we do need to start encouraging more people to come to the games; the old guard are getting fewer in number and new blood is definitely needed. With all the new builds going on in Livingston East and West Calder; the potential is definitely there.

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If he does well, it's more likely we will stick him at a part-time team in League 1 or 2.

Going on loan can be pretty hit or miss. Really worked for Nouble but not for Hamilton, Kabai or Swarke (sp).

Others like Panty-whats-his-name (the one that accused the club of being toxic) should probably have gone out on loan straight away. 

Goncalves or Bitsindou didn't really benefit from their loan either although I do get the feeling that Davie had already made up his mind about them and the writing was on the wall before they went out on loan..

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Pretty sure we were already in debt so its probably worse than that unless we've got a cash injection from somewhere.

At the end of the day its all relative. Had we finished in the top half it would have taken care of at least half of that.

Likewise a successful campaign this year and we should be able to make a dent in that; really though we do need to start encouraging more people to come to the games; the old guard are getting fewer in number and new blood is definitely needed. With all the new builds going on in Livingston East and West Calder; the potential is definitely there.

Ah,the old encouraging more people to come to the games enalagy D.Weve been doing that for years with respect.And your dead right the older fans among us are getting fewer Appreciate there is an element of newer residents coming to the town and indeed the surrounding areas. Persuading them to join us is and will be a neverending pursuit that we continue to endeavour to grab them.Maybe this season will see a slight increase,but with due respects, I wont hold my breath. Sorry for the negativity, but thems the facts.🤷‍♂️🤞🦁👍.

14 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Ah,the old encouraging more people to come to the games enalagy D.Weve been doing that for years with respect.And your dead right the older fans among us are getting fewer Appreciate there is an element of newer residents coming to the town and indeed the surrounding areas. Persuading them to join us is and will be a neverending pursuit that we continue to endeavour to grab them.Maybe this season will see a slight increase,but with due respects, I wont hold my breath. Sorry for the negativity, but thems the facts.🤷‍♂️🤞🦁👍.

The only reason I started coming along to the game quarter of a century ago was the free tickets to schools. Basically the kids persuaded/bullied me into taking them.

On a completely different subject one of my sons' got his away top yesterday - he got an XL but its really no more than a medium and there's virtually no give in the shirt. Be warned and order a size or two bigger than you expect.

45 minutes ago, Durnford said:

On a completely different subject one of my sons' got his away top yesterday - he got an XL but its really no more than a medium and there's virtually no give in the shirt. Be warned and order a size or two bigger than you expect.

Yeah, the word from the shop seems to be that the sizing is the same as last season but they definitely seem more snug this season. Maybe explains why there's now a 6xl option that wasn't there last season

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Going on loan can be pretty hit or miss. Really worked for Nouble but not for Hamilton, Kabai or Swarke (sp).

Others like Panty-whats-his-name (the one that accused the club of being toxic) should probably have gone out on loan straight away. 

Goncalves or Bitsindou didn't really benefit from their loan either although I do get the feeling that Davie had already made up his mind about them and the writing was on the wall before they went out on loan..

Yeah don't think Nouble needed to go out on loan, but Martindale thought he prob needed it, to get used to Scottish football. Hamilton's progress was quite drawn out, juniors, L Two, L One, Championship, he was scoring plenty of goals and making the step up, but it just didn't click for him for us in the top flight. It'll be interesting seeing if he makes an impact with Raith and gets a top flight club taking a punt on him, and if he makes it there.

The rest just weren't good enough, though Shwake may have eventually got a shot at the first team, the likes of Goncalves was just put on loan to get some of his wages paid by another club, as it was obv by then he was shite and no use to us.

I think Jack McMillan really benefitted from being loaned to Partick though, can remember us loaning out Snoddy and he came back a lot better too, always had the skill, but his attitude in applying it was better.

2 minutes ago, Fife Livi said:

Hopefully Holt wasnt involved?

The Cumbrians were denied what looked a certain penalty on 47 minutes when Charters whipped a beauty of a free kick into the mix. Butterworth applied the deftest of touches off the top of his head and there was what appeared to be an outstretched arm to stop it in its tracks, as a line of attackers waited. The officials ignored the appeals.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We'll no bother putting this game down on the OS's Fixtures, it was only a wee kick about, we've still yet to concede a goal this season.💪

image.thumb.png.455135e274500e41d242b4cf468cbe01.png

Sounds like Jack Hamilton was in goals when they scored, so it doesn't count really.