Livingston - all the threads merged

16 hours ago, Fife Livi said:

I'm not sure, we arrived around 10 past 1 and  the game had kicked off at 12. Holt wasn't on the park when we arrived.

Kind of tongue-in-cheek comment by me I'm afraid. All relating to the fact that Jason gave away two penalties during the second half of last season for handball - actually I think both were missed by the referee but picked up by VAR but I might be wrong there.

Nope don't see Holt in any pics. 

From what i can make out, there's Guthrie, Shinnie, Sangare, de Lucas, Parkes, Brandon, St Kelly, Hamilton, Welch-Hates, back of No16 could be Bradley, and i think Ledingham is there. Couple of trialists that i have no idea who they are.

GALLERY: Images from the Livingston friendly - News - Carlisle United

48 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

8 looks like Samson Lawal. Martindale mentioned he was a trialist this week.

The internet have Lawal as 1.71m (5'6") tall.

That cant be right; he certainly looked taller than that. Mind you I think Transfermarket had Toto as exactly the same height.

Sticking my thoughts on today's match here as nobody reads the cups section plus I'm taking last week's match into account too.

The first thing I'd like changed is to have Montano on the left and Penrice on the right. The way Montano dribbles is suited to the left side because he likes to keep his body between opponent and the ball while using his left foot. We're used to seeing him gallop down the left with the ball but on the right these last two games he's looked hesitant, particularly when receiving the ball in deeper areas, earlier in the build up. He's a better dribbler than Penrice but with a less tidy touch. So Penrice cuts infield better, where space is tighter but Montano is great dribbling wide into space. For the brief period when they did switch wings, before Penrice was subbed for booting the ball into the Livi crowd, he actually combined better with Devlin than Montano had in all the match up to that point. Montano also broke away on the left and crossed a couple of times before being subbed.

I'm encouraged by Sangare. He hasn't made waves on the ball in these two games but he's looked very strong defensively which is what I was most eager to see. Defensive midfield has been a huge problem position since Bartley retired but Sangare looks promising in these very early days.

First half today was flat. Subbuteo football with players afraid to leave their starting positions. That brittleness and fear in our play encouraged Hamilton onto us and it was no surprise when they took the lead. Second half was much better with far more fluidity and increasing confidence, taking the game to the opposition. Devlin attacking down the right made a huge difference where he'd been hesitant to do so first half. Good width was maintained and the ball was being spread side to side well by Holt. Stephen Kelly coming on gave that extra bit of attacking spark. Excellent finish from Anderson and he maybe showed there the value of leaving him on for the full match rather than subbing him off as happened so often last season.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Wasn't impressed with Sangare at all today, gave the ball away too many times and slowed everything down. Maybe needs time to gel and get to know the team right enough, hopefully he'll improve with more games. His set pieces were guff too, another reason why Stephen Kelly should be starting, he almost scored from one when he came on, hitting the bar.

I'd also get Brandon starting at RB, isn't working having Montano and Penrice playing there. 

Needing a win on Tues against Cove or we're oot the cup, then a case of looking for Cove to take something from Accies next Sat, and us gubbing the whipping boys of the group, Clyde. If Accies win their remaining game and we win our 2 games, then 10pts should be enough as one of the best runners up though.

It's a bad day when we're looking at Cove to do us a favour with the group we are in ......two League 1 sides,a League 2 side and a Highland League side 🙈🙄

Bar the League Cup final appearance our recent cup exploits have been abysmal.  

Edited by Dav nan Gael

19 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

It's a bad day when we're looking at Cove to do us a favour in the group we are in ......two League 1 sides,a League 2 side and a Highland League side 🙈🙄

Bar the League Cup final appearance our recent cup exploits have been abysmal.  

Yep, easiest group we've had but still looking like a 2nd placed qualifier is our best bet for progressing now. Past two seasons we've needed everything to go our way in the final fixtures throughout the groups, and been lucky enough to get through, but if we can win our final two games and get 10pts, it should be enough, so it's still in our own hands, and we're not at the stage of needing things going our way in other groups. 

Lose against Cove and it's done, a draw would need us to win the bonus point in the pen shoot out (fat chance) and we'd be in the same position again, needing other results going for us to scrape through on 9pts (providing we can beat Clyde too).