Livingston - all the threads merged

It's a tough one - Parkes has looked decent (and much more mobile) since returning from injury, however he''ll be 32 by the end of the season

Boyes meanwhile has looked decent at times, is almost 10 years younger and a better fit for LCB, however he's never really nailed on a starting place. 

Am I right in thinking they're both out of contract at the end of the year? If so, and one has indicated they won't sign I doubt Martindale will be slow in shifting them on

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

It's a tough one - Parkes has looked decent (and much more mobile) since returning from injury, however he''ll be 32 by the end of the season

Boyes meanwhile has looked decent at times, is almost 10 years younger and a better fit for LCB, however he's never really nailed on a starting place. 

Am I right in thinking they're both out of contract at the end of the year? If so, and one has indicated they won't sign I doubt Martindale will be slow in shifting them on

Think Parkes is one of our highest earners - take from that what you will

24 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Martindale trying to drum up some interest in Nouble, seems we are really keen to get a fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66377946

He's also said there that the chance of Nouble staying at least until January obviously increases with each passing day. Selling Nouble in this window for a decent fee would be the best outcome. However him staying until January or even the full season wouldn't be a bad trade off as it'd hugely improve our on-pitch chances. So long as he doesn't do a Fitzwater and play absolutely shite. Nouble's mentality seems very strong, though, so his performance level would likely remain high.

Edited by FreedomFarter

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

He's also said there that the chances of Nouble staying at least until January obviously increase with each passing day. Selling Nouble in this window for a decent fee would be the best outcome. However him staying until January or even the full season wouldn't be a bad trade off as it'd hugely improve our on-pitch chances. So long as he doesn't do a Fitzwater and play absolutely shite. I don't Nouble's mentality is very strong, though, so his performance level would likely remain high.

He's already playing well within himself, which was particularly annoying in that Utd away game where a win would've got us into the top 6. Instead of his usual taking players on and hitting the bye line, he just launched diagonal balls into the box most of the game, which Utd defenders mopped up with ease. Only once did he make an effort to run with the ball, coming deep to collect it then made a run to the bye line, and it created havoc in their defence. I also thought he was holding back the rst of the post split games, which i suppose you can't blame him trying to protect himself from injury, when it was known he was looking for a move.

Thing is though, he'll need to start putting in performances if he wants a move, particularly if he's still here past the window closing. Hopefully we have him playing wide with St Kelly opposite and Bruce leading the line.

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's already playing well within himself, which was particularly annoying in that Utd away game where a win would've got us into the top 6. Instead of his usual taking players on and hitting the bye line, he just launched diagonal balls into the box most of the game, which Utd defenders mopped up with ease. Only once did he make an effort to run with the ball, coming deep to collect it then made a run to the bye line, and it created havoc in their defence. I also thought he was holding back the rst of the post split games, which i suppose you can't blame him trying to protect himself from injury, when it was known he was looking for a move.

Thing is though, he'll need to start putting in performances if he wants a move, particularly if he's still here past the window closing. Hopefully we have him playing wide with St Kelly opposite and Bruce leading the line.

Regarding his form at the end of last season, I thought he was great in the home matches but really struggled in the away matches. With that specific Dun Utd match, he was dropping far too deep, possibly out of desperation to try and make things happen or just because of the general team malaise.

Nouble fits best into the 3-4-2-1 on the left of the 2. Fortunately, that's also Stephen Kelly's best role so we're covered for Nouble moving on (if he does).

Interesting signing. Not convinced he's of the quality needed to push us into the top 6, but has a little experience at this level and is pretty versatile. Should do alright.

Another demonstration that Bahamboula's not rated by Davie any more

Played in a horrifically under-performing team that got relegated last season and, if rumours are to be believed, was a pretty big factor in two managers getting their jotters due to him bending the ear of his team mates.

No thanks.  

Right footed left winger. Could maybe also play as an attacking left wing back how Nouble was used when we needed a goal in the Hamilton and Clyde matches.

Would be very useful if he can provide an option at centre forward too. That hasn't been his position so far in his career but his attributes suggest he could adapt to it.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Played in a horrifically under-performing team that got relegated last season and, if rumours are to be believed, was a pretty big factor in two managers getting their jotters due to him bending the ear of his team mates.

No thanks.  

Thought you were talking about MacKay there, aye Mulgrew can GTF.