Livingston - all the threads merged

Seems a strange location after John Ward publicly offered them the Almondvale Suite. Would make more sense to me to organise it before or after a match when the vast majority of the potential members already have time and location set aside for the purpose of supporting the club.

Will more than likely make it over to the Trust's meeting. Still not overly convinced by them though, for all the organisation they have it may as well just be restarted fresh under a new name - if not for the shares they own.

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Will more than likely make it over to the Trust's meeting. Still not overly convinced by them though, for all the organisation they have it may as well just be restarted fresh under a new name - if not for the shares they own.

What are you not convinced about?  

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hope you take your irony-meter in case they make any financial accusations. They haven’t filed any accounts for five years and are asking for cash donations 🤣

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Hope you take your irony-meter in case they make any financial accusations. They haven’t filed any accounts for five years and are asking for cash donations 🤣

The meeting will be the Sunday before the Rankine vrs Livingston FC case.

1 hour ago, Fife Livi said:

Looks like

Abaz**

Donnellan  -  Nottingham  -  Obileye

MacKay*  -  Shinnie  -  Pittman  -  Brandon

Yengi  -  Bradley

Guthrie

*General disclaimer that my stream is a wee bit blurry, I was under the impression that MacKay was injured but the RWB looks enough like him, similarly the LCB (Donnellan I believe) and GK don't ring any bells but could easily just be guys I've completely forgotten about.

**Turns out our goalkeeper is Armin Abaz. Both George and Hamilton are ill so Winterthur have let us borrow one of their keepers

Edited by LiviLion

Final score 3-2 Winterthur. Cracking free kick from Bradley to make it 2-1 on the stroke of half time, but we were shambolic for their two second half goals. Defence caught square for their equaliser, and a deep cross to the back post caused all sorts of bother for their winner. 

Yengi rolled his ankle and then collapsed on the same one a little while later. Looked a bit distressed when he went down.  Looked good up until then. Guthrie took his goal well, and showed a couple of neat touches to win the free kick form which Bradley scored. Pittman should have scored in the second half too. 

From the bits I managed to watch, we seemed to start off trying to pass the ball around a little bit but inevitably ended up just hoofing it.

One noticeable thing was as soon as Nouble was on the pitch, Martindale was roaring "support him" whenever he had the ball - maybe play a system that allows for that support? Or better yet, don't play him as a lone striker, he looked better when he was naturally drifting wider after Anderson came on. Pretty disheartening to see us using the same general shape that's got us into this mess, ah well.

7 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Final score 3-2 Winterthur. Cracking free kick from Bradley to make it 2-1 on the stroke of half time, but we were shambolic for their two second half goals. Defence caught square for their equaliser, and a deep cross to the back post caused all sorts of bother for their winner. 

Yengi rolled his ankle and then collapsed on the same one a little while later. Looked a bit distressed when he went down.  Looked good up until then. Guthrie took his goal well, and showed a couple of neat touches to win the free kick form which Bradley scored. Pittman should have scored in the second half too. 

Yep, so easy to get in behind us, if we're playing a high line then we need our defenders watching for the player running through, and play him offside. Montano was caught out in a similar one in our last game. Looks like it's Nottingham playing him onside in this game.

image.png.2b9c4962dce83e56eab07a3987609ae1.png

I'd question their stand in keeper's positioning for this too, same with their first goal, he was well off his line when they just knocked it into our net after robbing Nottingham.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd question their stand in keeper's positioning for this too, same with their first goal, he was well off his line when they just knocked it into our net after robbing Nottingham.

First goal can be written off. Their/our keeper had just been down injured for a few minutes, stopping everything. When play restarted he dribbled past their forward and passed to Nottingham. That passage was all just fannying around and wouldn't have happened in an actual match.

13 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

First goal can be written off. Their/our keeper had just been down injured for a few minutes, stopping everything. When play restarted he dribbled past their forward and passed to Nottingham. That passage was all just fannying around and wouldn't have happened in an actual match.

Have you seen us playing this season.😂 😉

Aye he wasn't great for their 2nd goal either, but the getting caught out by a simple through ball has happened to us several times this season, suppose not having a settled back 3 isn't helping right enough.

Positives were seeing Tete getting another game and looking good setting up Guthrie's goal, and Guthrie scoring, plus winning us the foul for Bradley's goal. We had a couple of other good chances to score as well, which is also good to see, our attacking play is improving. 

Just hope Tete's ankle isn't anything serious, and just a bit of swelling that ice packs will bring down, and a bit of rest will see him recovered for the league resuming. Think he's going to be an important player for us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Seeing Yengi there playing as an attacking mid in the 3-4-2-1, I worry he'll end up having the same problem as Nouble did in the role. Always receiving the ball too deep and too central, just where the opposition can defend him the easiest. Also because our defensive shape is so compact, him and Bradley really have to play as midfielders not attackers. They're required to get right back behind the ball when we're out of possession. Such a high defensive load can take the edge off a player's attacking output. 

Great free kick from Bradley but its going to take time for him to learn this attacking mid role he's being used in.

I liked the thinking with the back three. Nottingham in the middle with Obileye on one side. That allowed the centre back on the other side to join the build up (Donnellan then Montano).

3 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Seeing Yengi there playing as an attacking mid in the 3-4-2-1, I worry he'll end up having the same problem as Nouble did in the role. Always receiving the ball too deep and too central, just where the opposition can defend him the easiest. Also because our defensive shape is so compact, him and Bradley really have to play as midfielders not attackers. They're required to get right back behind the ball when we're out of possession. Such a high defensive load can take the edge off a player's attacking output. 

Great free kick from Bradley but its going to take time for him to learn this attacking mid role he's being used in.

I liked the thinking with the back three. Nottingham in the middle with Obileye on one side. That allowed the centre back on the other side to join the build up (Donnellan then Montano).

Difference with Yengi, he's willing to get it up the pitch, holding off players, turning and moving it forward, Nouble used to do it but has lost the enthusiasm for taking players on and making runs. 

Jack McMillan is rumoured to be signing a PCA with us. Partick Thistle fans reckon he's brilliant. Why didn't it work out with you lads?