Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Have we got 11 players on the books for next season 🤣

image.thumb.png.49db9825ecbc478a944a8522ea583f42.png

There's who's left with a contract after this season, 12. Devlin with an extension clause. Leaves an XI looking like this?

image.png.525bba37182c309dbc4b8231d8788550.png

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

What does a Livi XI actually look like in the Championship next season?

Too soon to speculate. If we want to do it anyway, though, I can imagine a possibility of the following players being willing to stay: Shinnie, Devlin, Brandon, Montano, Guthrie, Sean Kelly, Pittman, Bradley, Hamilton, Donnellan, Yengi. Holt if we're very, very lucky.

Edit: Forgot Lawal, him too.

Edited by Freedom Farter

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

What does a Livi XI actually look like in the Championship next season?

Martindale won't be there to oversee it that's for sure. He'll take his bag of cash and f**k off despite him bleating about not walking away. His ego has still a microphone in front of it currently but only just. You might be better placed with a new gaffer at the helm.

Just now, ebobsboy said:

Martindale won't be there to oversee it that's for sure. He'll take his bag of cash and f**k off despite him bleating about not walking away. His ego has still a microphone in front of it currently but only just. You might be better placed with a new gaffer at the helm.

There's been shouts for months wanting him gone, I don't think his ego will allow him to walk away from this. He'll want to take us back up, but it's his signings out there that have been failing. An accumulations of bad signings finally coming to a head when it kills any kind of budget to have 5+ players in the stands never playing. Even today, giving the crowd sarcastic thumbs up and moaning back at fans.

I've been wanting us to ask McCabe and Fordyce the question since about October/November. 

7 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Too soon to speculate. If we want to do it anyway, though, I can imagine a possibility of the following players being willing to stay: Shinnie, Devlin, Brandon, Montano, Guthrie, Sean Kelly, Pittman, Bradley, Hamilton, Donnellan, Yengi. Holt if we're very, very lucky.

Edit: Forgot Lawal, him too.

I was just basing it on who's out of contract and who isn't to be fair. Swapped in Hamilton for Shamal as I can see us giving Hamilton a deal to be number 1 and selling Shamal to anywhere.

If you have 2 stable quick central defender's that don't go walk about, dump wing backs ,,get a good defensive right  and left back 4 at the back doing defensive duties, 1 defensive mid, , 2 mids that can play central,and attack, 1 winger, 2 mobile strikers =======4--1--2---3 that's what's needed

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

I've been wanting us to ask McCabe and Fordyce the question since about October/November. 

They're doing a cracking job at Airdrie but not a chance they'd consider coming to Livi. 

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.49db9825ecbc478a944a8522ea583f42.png

There's who's left with a contract after this season, 12. Devlin with an extension clause. Leaves an XI looking like this?

image.png.525bba37182c309dbc4b8231d8788550.png

Not looking great considering most of them would not want to play in the championship. 

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

There's been shouts for months wanting him gone, I don't think his ego will allow him to walk away from this. He'll want to take us back up, but it's his signings out there that have been failing. An accumulations of bad signings finally coming to a head when it kills any kind of budget to have 5+ players in the stands never playing. Even today, giving the crowd sarcastic thumbs up and moaning back at fans.

If he's doing those sort of antics to the fans it never ends well. 

Just now, Livi La Vida Loca said:

They're doing a cracking job at Airdrie but not a chance they'd consider coming to Livi. 

Not looking great considering most of them would not want to play in the championship. 

Who wouldn't? For a few of them that's their level, guys like Brandon/Hamilton/Bradley/Holt would likely excel at that level

Just now, ebobsboy said:

If he's doing those sort of antics to the fans it never ends well. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. He's always been animated though but I think he's far too emotionally invested in it at this point and it's getting to him

3 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Where are the wages coming from for the championship, no Rangers,Celtic,Hearts,Aberdeen,Hibs,a disgruntled home support that will probably end up about 400/500 regular s

Reduce the squad size from 27-ish to about 18 and supplement with youngsters from the academy I guess? 

Next season in the championship has the potential to be exciting. Bradley, Lawal, Kelly (if we can keep him), Teto (if we can get him in the door) would be a young, exciting, and capable of getting in the playoffs squad.

But there's no way we stay up unless some crazy signings happen in the next 4 days. And we need to beat County.

Season has well and truly ended for us.The inevitable will happen soon enough thank god.6 years later,been a rollercoaster. But back where we arguably belong.So many will be delighted theve seen the back off us and our plastic pitch.Simply put we haven't been good enough this season. Congrats to those in the bottom 6.Yous don't have to be concerned with us anymore.Were down.Just don't get involved in that playoff.Good luck.👍.

46 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Who wouldn't? For a few of them that's their level, guys like Brandon/Hamilton/Bradley/Holt would likely excel at that level

Would think Yengi, Sangare and St Kelly would all be looking to leave. Not sure if he'd want to leave but I reckon Holt would be a good pick up for another premiership team. 

Would hope we have the final say on Devlin's extension rather than him ending up like Parkes. 

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale basically saying no one wants to sign for us despite the money being there ffs

If he would give his head a wobble before he comes out with Primark pish then there might be a chance of attracting someone half decent. That kind of talk does nothing to enhance the reputation of the club nor does it show him in a good light. We know we are never going to get charged for breaking financial fair play regulations but if the money is there not better to buy " quality"  than volume.

If he has any respect for the club, the fans, and probably most importantly - himself - he comes away from that and realises he isn't turning it around and either takes a coaching/DoF role or walk away altogether.

However, he's spent the last 6+ months actively bad mouthing everything about the club, who on earth would want to take it on especially after the January window is done? If he did decide to step back (which he won't) we'd just be left with Brian Rice.

Not looking forward to Tuesday a little bit, even if we get a win it just creates the illusion of a glimmer of hope.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale basically saying no one wants to sign for us despite the money being there ffs

Sadly that is all his fault. Regardless of our league position his constant moaning, stupid comments e.g. Primark and general belittling of the club in the press is enough to scare away our players under contract never mind new signings. 

Couple that with the well documented off field issues means nobody wants anything to do with us.