Livingston - all the threads merged

Will be interesting to hear from Martindale after the match. Hopefully he can enjoy that one despite the injuries we picked up during the game.

I'm concerned about the Donnellan injury, hopefully it's just a hamstring strain rather than a tear. Show that pitch to any imbecile who wants us to get rid of the plastic - that's how ours will end up, if not worse.

Thought we were brilliant for long periods during that. Should have been level at half time, I did not see anything to disallow the goal at the first half. Brian Graham is great at appealing for nothing, I assume it was a case of that.

The goals we conceded weren't great from the goalkeeper, despite the first one being a good hit. McGovern is struggling to get down for low shots. I don't see it happening but hopefully Hamilton gets another chance. Otherwise, difficult decision for Martindale about whether to go for Mcgovern or George for the rest of the season.

After that second goal, we looked so threatening on every set piece and counter attack. Hope Nouble can stay fit until the end of the season, we will be creating a lot of chances for Yengi, Anderson and Mackay to try and tuck away. Back to his best and was perfectly in sync with the equally excellent Brandon. 

Need to start taking chances in the league but if we can defend like we did today against a decent team, I'm hopeful that we can start getting results in the next run of games. Just need our goalkeepers to start pulling their weight.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Where's Scrutinizer. 🤷‍♂️..Yeh par for the course..Cmon bring your input, can't  wait.Didnt lose so will expect no response. As per.

I'm still not convinced scrutinizer isn't Biscuits

4 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Where's Scrutinizer. 🤷‍♂️..Yeh par for the course..Cmon bring your input, can't  wait.Didnt lose so will expect no response. As per.

Tbh, nobody but you thinks about or even mentions them on a weekly basis.

I blocked that account ages ago. Might suggest you'd do the same.

22 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Tbh, nobody but you thinks about or even mentions them on a weekly basis.

I blocked that account ages ago. Might suggest you'd do the same.

Yep me too. Talks utter shite and not worth wasting your time reading or replying to him.

What a celebration,probably thee best I've ever experienced as a livi fan !!

2 nil down,to then nick it last minute of extra time was the sweetest moment of what has been an indifferent season .

Hopefully the players can kick on from this,2 wks away,up in Dingwall will tell a tale .

Edited by Dav nan Gael

42 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

What a celebration,probably thee best I've ever experienced as a livi fan !!

2 nil down,to then nick it last minute of extra time was the sweetest moment of what has been an indifferent season .

Hopefully the players can kick on from this,2 wks away,up in Dingwall will tell a tale .

I know it's the cup and didn't get us any pts, but it reminded me of the Cowdenbeath away game, which turned our season around, when we did the Burchill great escape avoiding relegation. That win galvanized the players and fans. The Yengi winner and goal celebration shows there's fight in this Livi team, and the fans will get behind them. A cup run like this is just what was needed to bring everyone together.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I know it's the cup and didn't get us any pts, but it reminded me of the Cowdenbeath away game, which turned our season around, when we did the Burchill great escape avoiding relegation. That win galvanized the players and fans. The Yengi winner and goal celebration shows there's fight in this Livi team, and the fans will get behind them. A cup run like this is just what was needed to bring everyone together.

Was this the Jordan White game? I mind it, too. A good day.

also, in that run we had a good away support and it was fun going to the away games.

Keen to hear about the injury situation with Donnellan and Pittman if anyone sees anything.

Also, on the Scrutinizer thing it does annoy me, too. There are a few ‘Livi fan’ accounts are that are conspicuously quiet when we’ve had a good result / performance (although really, only the former matters in our current situation) unless there some sort of perilous situation ahead in the courts that they are only too happy to stir up. 

Edited by crispy

31 minutes ago, crispy said:

Was this the Jordan White game? I mind it, too. A good day.

also, in that run we had a good away support and it was fun going to the away games.

Keen to hear about the injury situation with Donnellan and Pittman if anyone sees anything.

Also, on the Scrutinizer thing it does annoy me, too. There are a few ‘Livi fan’ accounts are that are conspicuously quiet when we’ve had a good result / performance (although really, only the former matters in our current situation) unless there some sort of perilous situation ahead in the courts that they are only too happy to stir up. 

Yep, big White going over to the fans waving his arms up encouraging support. 

Aye they all fucked off when Rankine's big court case didn't go his way. 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

reminded me of the Cowdenbeath away game, which turned our season around

I remember coming home from Uni for that period: 

Won petrofac cup 4-0

Beat Falkirk 2-1

Beat Cowdenbeath 2-1

I went back to uni but think we then drew with Rangers as well. Was a great run. 

3 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

What a celebration,probably thee best I've ever experienced as a livi fan

Sadly I couldn't make the game yesterday so I can't compare it but for me the 3-2 win away to Dundee utd in the playoffs is my favourite game and celebration. We've had some great games since but nothing has quite eclipsed that game for me. 

I also can't remember much of the 2004 cup final as I was young but that must be up there for most folk. 

Purely for the sake of moaning about something, can we just send McGovern back to Hearts? I don't care if Hamilton isn't fit yet, surely whoever plays for our reserves/U18s isn't as bad as McGovern. Nothing he could do for the first goal but the second he booted it straight at their attacker - not the only time he done that either - and then the shot goes underneath him at his near post, woeful. That's before you think about the crosses he flapped at.

On a more positive note, much much better to see us fighting and picking heads up. First half was a bit of a shit show all round, was hoping for Nouble to get subbed at half time but then he came out his old self in the second half to make me look a right tit. Definitely at his best out wide when he can run at defenders, and Tete was a handful as well. I'm feeling dangerously positive about our chances of dragging ourselves into a proper fight to stay up, I'm sure it'll be shattered when we get news that Donnellan and somehow MacKay are out for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I remember coming home from Uni for that period: 

Won petrofac cup 4-0

Beat Falkirk 2-1

Beat Cowdenbeath 2-1

I went back to uni but think we then drew with Rangers as well. Was a great run. 

Sadly I couldn't make the game yesterday so I can't compare it but for me the 3-2 win away to Dundee utd in the playoffs is my favourite game and celebration. We've had some great games since but nothing has quite eclipsed that game for me. 

I also can't remember much of the 2004 cup final as I was young but that must be up there for most folk. 

I'm in that minority too. Those of us who actually preferred the 2018 promotion to the 2004 cup win. It was just so cathartic after the decade of struggle that had preceded it.

Away to the Celtic in the cup, our reward for getting this far for the first time since 2005 (?) is a pumping. At least there will be some dosh for us.

Suppose we'd reached the end of the clear winnable ties; Morton at home (away would give me the fear) was probably the only one you'd be confident with, so a pay day isn't to be sniffed at. Hopefully Celtic are still in a bit of disarray, the poor wee souls, and we've picked up a good bit of form to make it interesting.

Edited by LiviLion

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye they all fucked off when Rankine's big court case didn't go his way. 

What a load of crap you spout.  The club still paying out over £100k along with legal costs to Rankine the case certainly did not go the way of the club. 

More court time this week again on Oppco6. I see the club are using the club lawyer on a holding company issue good job we got Celtic in the cup  😅

Fantastic yesterday for the players and the supporters. Just fantastic and a proper football day. 

36 minutes ago, Livi said:

What a load of crap you spout.  The club still paying out over £100k along with legal costs to Rankine the case certainly did not go the way of the club.

Given he did loan money to the club and he was rumoured to be asking for much much more, I’d say clarifying the actual amount owed in court means the case “went the clubs way”

48 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Given he did loan money to the club and he was rumoured to be asking for much much more, I’d say clarifying the actual amount owed in court means the case “went the clubs way”

Normally when someone wins in court the other side pay the costs of the case 🤔

I agree Rankine settled for less especially given the pre hearing arguments between both sides.

Rankine is a bookie at heart he took his money and ran.

I really hope thats the last we will hear from him