Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The fun is just beginning…

Have missed you mate.Were no longer punching above our weight. Back where we belong.8 new signings  your guess is as good as mine.Time will tell.Rollercoaster.🤷‍♂️.

4 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

If the club exerting control brings an end to this farce so be it.As you say,its for season ticket holders only.Deluded or not,we want an end to this circus,and not in December with respect🦁🤷‍♂️.

Lord Braid with respect will (hopefully) bring an end to this farce 😂

Edited by Livi

12 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Have missed you mate.Were no longer punching above our weight. Back where we belong.8 new signings  your guess is as good as mine.Time will tell.Rollercoaster.🤷‍♂️.

You don’t think so ?

11 minutes ago, spot on said:

You don’t think so ?

Tbh.No.Transition will take its toll.So many new additions. Suspect they will adapt to the rigours of the Championship.Wont be easy but if anybody can do it Martindale will.Think there's one or two quality additions to come.👍🦁.

5 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

800 core fans 😏😂

Holy f**k .....not into the season yet and it's a Falkirk crowdwank statement .

Im not from Livi or even WL.

Lads in the C3 from Fauldhouse,Stoneyburn,West Calder,Whitburn,Pumpherston,Broxburn,East Calder. 

Not bad i would say 😘

8 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Don’t think anyone can realistically forecast how this Championship is going to play out.

14 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Five years, it only felt like ten.

Aye i was fishing.

15 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The difference between us is crowds.

The difference between us the last 5 seasons was 2 divisions, even in the 3rd tier crowd size didn't help Falkirk much. 

One thing Falkirk fans can be commended on though, they're not glory hunters, you've a big, and loyal fanbase.

14 hours ago, spot on said:

You don’t think so ?

Not this season anyway, with the parachute payment and European money we'll get, we'll have one of the biggest budgets. Next season will be a completely different prospect though. The season we won promotion our budget was said to be the lowest from the FT teams, and we were punching above our weight finishing 2nd, above the likes of Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Falkirk, then winning the play offs.

16 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

You say that Troy but there can't be much in it between our time in the top flight and 2nd tier. Take out about 5 or 6 seasons we've fannied about in the lower 2 tiers as we passed through them a couple of times, we've been in the top flight 11 seasons which leaves about 12/13 seasons in the 2nd tier. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not this season anyway, with the parachute payment and European money we'll get, we'll have one of the biggest budgets. Next season will be a completely different prospect though. The season we won promotion our budget was said to be the lowest from the FT teams, and we were punching above our weight finishing 2nd, above the likes of Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Falkirk, then winning the play offs.

That’s my point, you are where you are this season due to parachute payments , loans and European money etc , take away these  ‘abnormalities’ and living by your own means where would you be and where would your natural level be?

Just now, spot on said:

That’s my point, you are where you are this season due to parachute payments , loans and European money etc , take away these  ‘abnormalities’ and living by your own means where would you be and where would your natural level be?

Well we are where we are due to being relegated from the Premiership, what we'll do this season will be helped by parachute payments and European money, no loans*. See above post for natural level, out of the 29 years as Livi we've been in the top 2 tiers about 24 seasons, 11 of those in the top flight. First time round we weren't living within our own means, but this time round we were, and got promoted with the lowest FT budget. 

Only loan we have is the covid Govt one, which every top flight club excepts Celtic took when we were in the Premiership.

Switching subjects here, a quote from our fearless leader about Joey Barton who was on his coaching course recently: 

" I like Joey, I get on really well with him. He is a wee bit misunderstood and, obviously, he needs to stay off Twitter but it was good. He is a really good guy, to be fair."

Hopefully he's not the one Martindale made friends with the most and we can get some players out of his connections as he mentioned someone from his previous course was how got Odin Bailey on loan.

28 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Switching subjects here, a quote from our fearless leader about Joey Barton who was on his coaching course recently: 

" I like Joey, I get on really well with him. He is a wee bit misunderstood and, obviously, he needs to stay off Twitter but it was good. He is a really good guy, to be fair."

Hopefully he's not the one Martindale made friends with the most and we can get some players out of his connections as he mentioned someone from his previous course was how got Odin Bailey on loan.

Aye i saw that, Martindale would be better staying off talking to the media coming out with comments like that. Barton's not someone you'd want to be associating yourself with, let alone coming out saying he's a really good guy. Makes Richard Keyes look like a choir boy.

23 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Holy f**k .....not into the season yet and it's a Falkirk crowdwank statement .

Im not from Livi or even WL.

Lads in the C3 from Fauldhouse,Stoneyburn,West Calder,Whitburn,Pumpherston,Broxburn,East Calder. 

Not bad i would say 😘

Soon be back with the Juniors or is the Lowland league……..will keep bus fares down right enough.