Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Absolutely baffled tbh.

Absolutely gobsmacked. Why? Couldn't get a club and came back with the " I can add experience to the dressing room, still can offer something.......etc"  Bollocks.

10 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Absolutely gobsmacked. Why? Couldn't get a club and came back with the " I can add experience to the dressing room, still can offer something.......etc"  Bollocks.

Unfortunately his signing will probably mean players such as Lawal and others being sent out on loan.A definite backward step , Lawal has looked excellent in his game time so far , but a racing cert super Shinnie will be a top of the pecking list for a midfield slot.Only pray this is not to the detriment of Olly Green who also looks the part.

1 minute ago, livilion53 said:

Unfortunately his signing will probably mean players such as Lawal and others being sent out on loan.A definite backward step , Lawal has looked excellent in his game time so far , but a racing cert super Shinnie will be a top of the pecking list for a midfield slot.Only pray this is not to the detriment of Olly Green who also looks the part.

Agreed. Shinnie is 34 now and the thought of him keeping athletic, clever players out of the team, well, we know how that went last season.

4 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Okaydokey.........will reiterate again and send a wee warning to all fellow Livi supporters. 

The Fawkirk clowns are on various other clubs threads having crowd wanks and anything else they think is relevant in their clouded heads.

You've been warned,...............

Not a lot you can do about it I'm glad to say....

Was that your best 11 starting today?

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Spartans GK had the game of his life, we’ve done similar things to Rangers and Celtic - it happens. Well done to them on progressing

Aye, I thought Spartans defended their box exceptionally well. The back 3 and keeper made some excellent blocks.

In terms of this game, the subs cost us. Before changing the midfield we had good control, after that Spartans started to have a good number of counters and moved up the pitch.

Damage done today, however not clocking up GD in the other games done us as well. Disappointing, but add Stephen Kelly back in and we’ll improve tenfold going forward. 

4 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Aye, I thought Spartans defended their box exceptionally well. The back 3 and keeper made some excellent blocks.

In terms of this game, the subs cost us. Before changing the midfield we had good control, after that Spartans started to have a good number of counters and moved up the pitch.

Damage done today, however not clocking up GD in the other games done us as well. Disappointing, but add Stephen Kelly back in and we’ll improve tenfold going forward. 

Think you are being extremely generous. Sideways,sideways all the time. Took a dozen passes to make any headway and even then no-one prepared to run and get behind  Spartans defence. Two wingers on the bench. Tactically inept in all areas of the park. Muirhead is a striker, not a left winger. Kelly is a bright spark but he would be hard pushed to ignite anything given the  the lethargy shown  today. 0-0  vs Dunfermline a stick on if that continues. Could be a long hard season. 

P.s. Good luck Spartans, hope you make a few bob.

7 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Think you are being extremely generous. Sideways,sideways all the time. Took a dozen passes to make any headway and even then no-one prepared to run and get behind  Spartans defence. Two wingers on the bench. Tactically inept in all areas of the park. Muirhead is a striker, not a left winger. Kelly is a bright spark but he would be hard pushed to ignite anything given the  the lethargy shown  today. 0-0  vs Dunfermline a stick on if that continues. Could be a long hard season. 

We had a number of good chances before the subs, including hitting the woodwork and having a header cleared off the line. The subs felt like we were treating the game as one we were leading. 

I agree about Muirhead and Yengi. Playing two wide players on their favoured foot makes Yengi incredibly isolated, he looks much more comfortable with Muirhead/Sole/Winters/Smith looking to play off him and move inside

Let's get this right.Up until the 86th minute Shamal could have sat up beside us,litterly nothing to do.Talk about a sucker punch.4 ex Livi players would have enjoyed that.Weve only ourselves to blame here.With utmost respect FFS Spartans.Cmon.Did we think we'd just have to turn up and they'd roll over.Shows the job we have ahead of us to firstly stay out of the bottom end of the table,nevermind challenging at the top.2 or 3 of our players so far give me the fear.With whats ahead of us,ie the Championship, this team,albeit potential don't fill me with opptomism going into the new season where we should be proving the pundits and bookies wrong again.4th favourites at the moment 11/2.Raith Partick &Falkirk ahead of us.🤷‍♂️.

55 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Never mind could be. It WILL be a long hard season. It will be brutal.

Nip and tuck every single week. 

Just watched DMs post match interview.......absolutely shocking from him !!

He speaks of a moment 2nd half,about not losing being better than anything else.

Because he contemplated going for the win and then shat it 😡

This defeat lies squarely at his door,he absolutely overthinks far too much and time after time it's egg all over faces,as a result. 

Edited by Dav nan Gael

13 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

He speaks of a moment 2nd half,about not losing being better than anything else.

This defeat lies squarely at his door,he absolutely overthinks far too much and time after time it's egg all over faces,as a result. 

Dave,where is is his post match interview.???

26 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Admittedly wasn't at the game so I have no idea how it was going but I can't blame him for having that thought as I had the same. If it looks like you're not going to be able to score and you know any loss will put you out, it makes sense not to go gung ho and increase the risk of a loss. 

Really poor to fall at the final hurdle when we were heavy favourites though. Hopefully Kelly is back next week.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I also missed today so no comment from me on the match. I'll comment on that Martindale interview, though.

I'm pleased he said he's brought in Shinnie for "the top end of the park" because I really didn't like the experiment last season of Shinnie as a deep playmaker, a "6". For me, he's an attacking player who can make the final pass and finish chances too. You want him playing somewhere in that attacking midfield line behind the striker, either central or wide.

Brandon played as the "6" today, I see, and I'm happy with that.

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Admittedly wasn't at the game so I have no idea how it was going but I can't blame him for having that thought as I had the same. If it looks like you're not going to be able to score and you know any loss will put you out, it makes sense not to go gung ho and increase the risk of a loss. 

Really poor to fall at the final hurdle when we were heavy favourites though. Hopefully Kelly is back next week.

Sick of hearing this.Excuses after excuses.Premier league fair enough.But with respect, Spartans FFS.Shows whats ahead.Yengys your no 9,did feck all today.His ineptitude will be found out this season,which will no doubt please many on here.😡.