Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Agree,why so defensive??

Particularly as we're at home and against one of the weaker sides we'll face this season. 

Not sure he knows any other way 😂

Why he doesn't just take the risk and go 2 upfront and play some old fashioned direct football 😁

8 minutes ago, Livi said:

Called the draw given how Martindale sets up his teams

He has got half decent players at this level but he sets up to defensive

✋

Thought we'd won it at the end, ball looked in, and we hit the woodwork a few times. But yeah, i wish we'd start with our strongest attack and go for it , esp when playing at home. Muirhead and Sole should be starting, and when is Green going to get games..

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought we'd won it at the end, ball looked in, and we hit the woodwork a few times. But yeah, i wish we'd start with our strongest attack and go for it , esp when playing at home. Muirhead and Sole should be starting, and when is Green going to get games..

Agree here too LF ,yeah we should hav won and could hav won,but we didn't. 

Far too defensive, time and again.

Get the impression davie would be happy with a constant stream of 1-0 victories .

Issue with that is,the other team will get an opportunity to peg us back,perfect example of that was today.

Edited by Dav nan Gael

I assume Sole is carrying an injury, isn't training and is only able to make a 20 minute sub appearance. If he was fully fit, he'd be starting. Muirhead was unlucky to drop out from the QP line up but May was always going to come straight into the team.

Performance and tactics were going well today until that double substitution. The penalty concession was due to the team not having re-calibrated yet then an Individual error from Sole obviously. Our play from then until full time showed the changes didn't work. There'd been excellent interplay between Shinnie and Kelly all match and the two of them in tandem were really running things at the time Shinnie was substituted. He'd also just hit the post. Muirhead didn't provide the same foil for Kelly so Kelly fell out the match after that.

Yengi didn't have a good first half but had played himself into the game and was starting to threaten with his dribbling. Moving him to centre forward and bringing May off after a decent debut would've been the better choice, for me.

The thinking will've been that Muirhead and Sole, both on their stronger foot side, could stay wide and stretch the Morton defence horizontally. That'd create more space centrally for when they knocked their crosses in. Maybe it would've worked had we not had the wind knocked out our sails right after making the change. I felt the change wasn't needed, though. As mentioned, we were controlling the game nicely through Kelly and Shinnie and already creating chances for a second goal.

Edited by Freedom Farter

Rough one today but positives to take. First half Morton sat deep so had plenty of the ball but struggled in the final third, come out second half get the early goal and thinks it's done. Disappointed to see us sit back after that almost willing Morton to have a go, who, when they finally hooked JET, looked threatening up top. 

Agree felt we were on top until the double sub, Sole making the type of tackle you only see from a player on the pitch for only 30 seconds. 

Positives: May loons handy and reckon could win us a few matches this season, thought Yengi played okay second half and we missed his contribution when he came off. Shamal looks like a new keeper and whilst didn't have much to do, was incredible at coming out to collect the ball from crosses and such like. 

Clarkey missing the open goal was bizarre but that's football, and when even the opposition keeper says the ball was over the line you know you've been done for the Notts header. 

Scunnered with the draw but with Raith losing and Shaun Byrne being sent off, don't think there will be a better time this season to head to Kirkcaldy

59 minutes ago, Livi said:

Called the draw given how Martindale sets up his teams

He has got half decent players at this level but he sets up to defensive

✋

You weren't there so guess your going on what you've heard.Livi should have won that game out of the park,no argument. ✋.

6 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

You weren't there so guess your going on what you've heard.Livi should have won that game out of the park,no argument. ✋.

Give it a rest and get your own patter 

Here is your view on another platform. I rest my case 👍

IMG_2364.jpeg

Edited by Livi

40 minutes ago, Livi said:

Doesn't matter how good our players are if the overall tactics are to be more defensive we'll continue to be served whats been on offer this far

433 isn't defensive, but I agree we took the foot off the pedal rather than driving for a second, although in saying that we had almost all our chances in the second half

First half we dominated the ball partly because Morton weren’t all that interested in having it it seemed. Our one off the line (Boyes?) by far the closest to a goal but otherwise I’d say both teams seemed equally as dangerous with the the few openings. When our CBs are spare like that they are going to have to step into midfield; hopefully that comes with confidence.

Second half starts with us dominating and scoring a good goal. You can talk tactics, formations, working on the training ground but there’s just no legislating for that open goal miss - but it happens. Hitting the post and the good save aswell .. clearly knocking on the door and we are all ready to talk about a professional performance, etc.

Morton then started to execute the counter and it seemed like we lost a bit of control when Shinnie went off even if wide probably isn’t his best position. By all accounts we had the ball over the line at the end but luck wasn’t on our side. 

I have my doubts about whether May still has the legs but on yesterday he looks like he’ll be a good addition. The way he plays just says competent and clever striker. 

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What sell on percentage have we got on Dykes again, QoTS get a percentage from our percentage too, but can't remember the figures now. Birmingham are reportedly offering 1M for him.

Pretty sure it's 15%, with Queens getting 15% of that.

If it's as simple as a million then we'll get £150,000 and then give £22,500 of that to QoS

See Muihead and Green scored for the reserves today....the fact they're getting minutes in reserves says to me they're still not fully up to speed or recovering from a knock

Good to see Green getting some game time somewhere, he was never going to get match fit just training, thought he'd at least be getting 20 mins or so in our first team games to get his fitness up, but hasn't played at all the last few games. 

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

So 1.5million for Dykes to Birmingham from QPR.Fingers crossed a healthy remuneration on its way to us.But il hold my breath🤷‍♂️🤞.

Rankine's spidey senses will have been going into overdrive when the sniff of cash for Dykes sell on was on the cards, court case incoming to try and get his hands on it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Rankine's spidey senses will have been going into overdrive when the sniff of cash for Dykes sell on was on the cards, court case incoming to try and get his hands on it.

Thats what I'm worried about L/F.🙈.