Livingston - all the threads merged

Midfield did well second half after struggling to put a pass together towards the end of the first half. Montano and May were good throughout and Lawal and Winter made great impacts off the bench.

Competition opening up with a minimum of 3 Championship teams out.

16 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Midfield did well second half after struggling to put a pass together towards the end of the first half.

MacAlear especially, his passing was pretty awful first half but second half almost every aspect of his performance improved. 

Looking forward to seeing how different players have recorded their goal celebration on twitter vids now. Pitts being quite shy and reserved might just give a wee smile and that's it. Muirhead is complete opposite and will really give it large.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looking forward to seeing how different players have recorded their goal celebration on twitter vids now. Pitts being quite shy and reserved might just give a wee smile and that's it. Muirhead is complete opposite and will really give it large.

Fully expecting Muirhead to be kicking chairs over, flicking the V's while smoking a cigar

26 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

This own a patch of the pitch for 12 months is complete and utter nonsense. 

I'm all for the club building business partnership's but this one is ridiculous. 

Correct. When the say something big then I am assuming its that big its not landed yet 😂

IMG_2463.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

This own a patch of the pitch for 12 months is complete and utter nonsense. 

I'm all for the club building business partnership's but this one is ridiculous. 

Goes back to the point I made a while ago about the club overselling things to fans, diluting the content they put out with this shite isn't good enough

45 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Goes back to the point I made a while ago about the club overselling things to fans, diluting the content they put out with this shite isn't good enough

If it was a permanent thing fair enough but 12 months? Really? These things need to have fans in mind first and money second. Nothing but a money grab.

29 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I saw they've partnered with Dundee United as well. Doesn't appeal to me but seems as though some fans have already purchased squares.

If someone doesn't like the idea then they only need not to purchase it. Some fans will get behind these initiatives, bringing much needed cash to the club and that can only be good. 

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Good to see David Carson back in the fold this week. Any idea what's happening with Korboa and Jackson?

Jackson might just be a case of being a cheap backup option. He could even just be unlucky with McGowan and Nottingham looking pretty solid together and our backline as a whole being very good. Carson coming on a RB when Brandon was on the park was telling. Martindale clearly doesn't rate him in midfield but there's perhaps a route for him back into the team at RB.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Good to see David Carson back in the fold this week. Any idea what's happening with Korboa and Jackson?

Jackson and Pitaluga will be in the same category. Players whose contract has lasted longer than their eligibilty for the age group/reserve team. Then they're not good enough for the first team so are essentially just spare players at their parent club. The wealth of Liverpool and Brighton mean they'll just loan out these players for very little if any wage contribution. So they'll be no risk, strictly back up signings for us. 

Korboa has probably just been a victim of competition. I missed his League Cup sub appearances but was told he didn't excite with them. I'm only going by Youtube footage here but he seems best suited to being a second striker in a front two which, of course, we don't use.

Carson re-emerging to become reserve right back for Finlayson makes sense. Brandon doesn't have a like-for-like replacement at holding mid so you don't want to ever be forced into moving him to right back.