Livingston - all the threads merged

The reason why they are predicting 7th is the fact that we actually have a decent first division squad signed up for next season amidst the controversy, which is more than can be said for the likes of County, Ayr, Raith and possibly a few other teams. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that fact.

lol bread and circuses~

The reason why they are predicting 7th is the fact that we actually have a decent first division squad signed up for next season amidst the controversy, which is more than can be said for the likes of County, Ayr, Raith and possibly a few other teams. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that fact.

Do you really see them staying for the duration of the season if they don't get paid though?

Do you really see them staying for the duration of the season if they don't get paid though?

Not a chance. Both Ayr and Raith Rovers will have more financial muscle than Livingston next season.........in fact, every team in the league will have more muscle unless Livingston find yet another sugar daddy. The curious thing is, Livvy are addicted to the sugar daddy concept despite never having had one.........they've just had chancers from day one, yet they always welcome them in the front door. If another one comes along tomorrow, the support would probably buy into it.

No, I don't think so realistically. I'm simply saying why the person on LiviLions may think that we'll finish 7th. At this moment, we have 13 decent first-team players signed up for next season. A few of them might have been told they can go but regardless, there are 13 first-team players that are signed at least until May 2010. Whether they leave on breach of contract over the summer is another matter.

At the moment, yes.

But if Massone ends up having to cut and run, you can bet your bottom dollar that any player with any transfer value whatsoever will be out the door first.

If Livi go into Administration the players will have the option to walk away from their contracts (I think).

No, I don't think so realistically. I'm simply saying why the person on LiviLions may think that we'll finish 7th. At this moment, we have 13 decent first-team players signed up for next season. A few of them might have been told they can go but regardless, there are 13 first-team players that are signed at least until May 2010. Whether they leave on breach of contract over the summer is another matter.

13 players isnt going to see you finish 7th. Who else do they expect will sign for the club until all this is sorted?

At the moment, yes.

But if Massone ends up having to cut and run, you can bet your bottom dollar that any player with any transfer value whatsoever will be out the door first.

If Livi go into Administration the players will have the option to walk away from their contracts (I think).

That's my point though. That's why they think we'll finish 7th, because we have the squad at the moment.

They're still looking optomistically towards next season.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

13 players isnt going to see you finish 7th. Who else do they expect will sign for the club until all this is sorted?

To be fair, we've been running on about that for large parts of this season and the last with youth players simply making up the numbers. I would think that a few members of our league and cup winning under 19s will be promoted to the first team squad to make up the remaining squad. It's cheap for Massone and he could technically go a long time throughout the summer without worrying about hiring a manager to look for his own players.

To be fair, we've been running on about that for large parts of this season and the last with youth players simply making up the numbers. I would think that a few members of our league and cup winning under 19s will be promoted to the first team squad to make up the remaining squad. It's cheap for Massone and he could technically go a long time throughout the summer without worrying about hiring a manager to look for his own players.

You mean apart from two of your best players you've just lost - 3 if you count McPake in January?

If we add most of the U19 players to the 13 first teamers we have right now, it comes out at about 20-23 players. If we pick up a few injuries or suspensions we'll be buggered, there's no doubt about that. Whilst I'm not doubting our young guy's skills as footballers, most of them look too lightweight and not experienced enough to handle the 1st Division. :(

If we make it to the start of next season, it'll be a long one, that's for sure.

If we add most of the U19 players to the 13 first teamers we have right now, it comes out at about 20-23 players. If we pick up a few injuries or suspensions we'll be buggered, there's no doubt about that. Whilst I'm not doubting our young guy's skills as footballers, most of them look too lightweight and not experienced enough to handle the 1st Division. :(

If we make it to the start of next season, it'll be a long one, that's for sure.

So what's the general feeling (if there is such a thing) about Massone racking up another unpaid bill of 5k for unpaid rent on the Edinburgh townhouse that the club "provides" him with? I was going to ask if he really needed to rent such upmarket accomodations for his brief spells in country, but that would be the wrong question.

The cynic in me reckons that the donations bucket and urgency for season ticket sales will relate significantly to him not wanting to lose his upmarket lodgings in town. I mean come on, he could secure this wee pad for a year for a paltry 30k if Livi fans would simply commit to buying their season tickets. 30k ain't that much, and only represents mixed season ticket sales for 170 or so people.........surely he is worth it.

Even crazier is that some of the apologists are now threatening to "criticize him publically if he doesn't stop it". Yep, that'll show him. If he doesn't stop it, they'll get cross. What a farce..........but some of the support just keep on inviting the next kick in the nuts.

Edited by Guest

When do people think this will all come to a head? We have been debating this for what seems like a lifetime! <_<

I'd like to think that, with this month's wages, as well as last month's seemingly non paid, Massone will be invited along to Glasgow for another chat, only this time he will be told that there will be sanctions imposed.

I know he and the club doesn't have any money just now, but there is nothing stopping Livi going out and signing players at the moment! This is completely wrong and a transfer embargo should have been put in place months ago!

Yes, I do know that there are probably few players out there who would consider Almondvale as the next destination for their career just now.

Guest zupa

Thats ON the park....................its easy. Just the small matter of bills,wages,debts,liabilities ,lawsuits,£2,500 a month rentals,etc,etc,etc, .............and oh yes !! NO MONEY to pay them.

Yeah, but who is out there taking pity on Massone, he has lost his rental mansion, his team for which he is really passionate and all of his Livi mates and he doesn't have the English skills to survive in West Lothian - actually, they aren't really that important. :P

Yeah, but who is out there taking pity on Massone, he has lost his rental mansion, his team for which he is really passionate and all of his Livi mates and he doesn't have the English skills to survive in West Lothian - actually, they aren't really that important. :P

I don't know if LiviLions is representative of the general mindset that exists amongst the Livvy support, but if it is, then they really are in trouble. That they still have peopke urging Massone to be "open and honest" if he wants their support, and that Livvy supporters are caring and generous, and that the club has always enjoyed the goodwill of the community is a piece of revisionist history that borders on being a total eclipse of the truth. That there is a sense that a donation bucket will have raised sufficient funds to pay off his townhouse back rent is quite breathtaking in its naivety. Does anyone really think that there's been five grand lobbed into this bucket by wellwishers in the past week?

Hell, just leave it there, and you'd have quarter of a million in a year.

I'd reckon the bucket will have amassed two or three hundred quid at the most........and it will now have sailed past it's peak. Week two will see it struggle to raise a hundred quid.

That the punters have been told its for "short term cash flow" issues and "creditors" is one thing. To find out today that one of the most recent creditors is Massone's extravagent (and yes, it IS extravagent) townhouse rent, should, in any right minded community, be a watershed moment accompanied by a "game over" message.

Yet even now, there are those saying the 30k for the house isn't the real reason Livvy are where they are. Sorry whoever you are, but it is. It's not the quantifiable number...........that is an output, a symptom if you will. It is however, a symptom of a mindset which exists at this little football club of two or three snouts being very deep in a trough, and having the bar for ethical or moral standards set so low that it seems to your average Joe that nothing could pass under it.

Yet it just might be one of several disturbing revelations that may make themselves apparent in the next couple of weeks.

Provided that the silly view that "Massone is the only game in town, and we have to work with him" continues to have some credence midst a support who seem bereft of the cojones needed for a fight, then yer man's snout is going to remain in the trough for as long as he can keep it there.

I said before that the Livvy support's inability to stand up for themselves will see them end up with the club they deserve.

To quote Elvis (the real one)......."a little less conversation, a little more action" is the order of the day.

Will it happen? Well, the history of this little club says it's a fertile feeding ground for chancers and those who are economical with the truth. The support would rather cuddle up to a beautiful lie than face up to an ugly truth. They can see no future without being externally bankrolled. TThey still don't get it.

Edited by Guest

That's my point though. That's why they think we'll finish 7th, because we have the squad at the moment.

They're still looking optomistically towards next season.

They have contracts at the moment with meadow-w**k, but do you not think if ANYONE comes in for them they will go.

FFS £ 250 a week in the Third is better than sweet f**k all,for two months when bills have to be paid (Are you listening Massone).

Breach of Contract. Gie us peace. You me and anyone probably has written into their contract when they will be paid. Like to see this Italian arse try to sue anyone.

He was and is only after almondvale for it's location and re-development wonga.

Livi fans wake up smell the coffee.