Livingston - all the threads merged

Your point being that no one would want to renew a contract with us, right?

No, the fact that he's busy extending deals while creditors still go unpaid.

Guest zupa

Surely there is a suite at Almondvale, that could be used as a venue for a comedy hour ? .

"An evening with Massone" sounds good.

What about a Big Tent on the pitch ? or is that likely to be a circus ?.

I mean Jim Davidson used to get a crowd.

No matter how cynical I get, I just don't seem to be able to keep up...............

Forty eight hours I'm gone, and AM has raised (or lowered) the bar to a point where few would dare go. Seldom am I lost for the written word, but AM, and even moreso, some of his "supporters"such as "The Man" (who in reality, must be about fourteen given his minimal grasp of action and consequence), have left me quite literally, shaking my head in disbelief.

One presumes it was written in Italian, and translated by Google or Babelfish.

Now it seems that Ambassadors aren't the sole preserve of Ferroro Roche. No, now the weak and gullible are being asked to be the "ambassadors" for designated geographical areas, and it's being touted as some sort of fantastic opportunity and honour. It seems to be frighteningly similar in the emotional hooks used by pyramid selling organisations.

Of course, what it amounts to is free labour. They will be expecting a mixture of individuals ranging from the capable right dowen through those with learning difficulties to get out there and sell the club in their free time. Will it work? Yes. For three days, until too many of them are kicked off the premises by people who rightly don't want to know.

The ambassador proposal will be set up for failure from the get go. It's a daft wee initiative aimed at deflecting the real story here. That a bunch of kids are going to run around collecting cash and spreading goodwill like some latter day Fagan's mob is damn near surreal. That anyone will say "welcome ambassador, we have heard of your fine work, here is 500 of our Scottish pounds to help Mr Massone meet the bill for his townhouse" is completely laughable.

This club aren't about "initiatives". If they still have elements who cannot see through him, or who can see no future without him, then they just might be worthy cases for social care.

Too much talk, too little action. Until the supporters recognize that a trust is not a "they", and that a trust is actually a "we", then it is going to be a perpetual downward spiral.

There's still too many looking for "investors" to give them money for free. Until this stops and supporters decide to "be Livingston FC" rather than sit back and hope someone else will fix it for them, then they are screwed.

Edited by Guest

No matter how cynical I get, I just don't seem to be able to keep up...............

Forty eight hours I'm gone, and AM has raised (or lowered) the bar to a point where few would dare go. Seldom am I lost for the written word, but AM, and even moreso, some of his "supporters"such as "The Man" (who in reality, must be about fourteen given his minimal grasp of action and consequence), have left me quite literally, shaking my head in disbelief.

One presumes it was written in Italian, and translated by Google or Babelfish.

Now it seems that Ambassadors aren't the sole preserve of Ferroro Roche. No, now the weak and gullible are being asked to be the "ambassadors" for designated geographical areas, and it's being touted as some sort of fantastic opportunity and honour. It seems to be frighteningly similar in the emotional hooks used by pyramid selling organisations.

Of course, what it amounts to is free labour. They will be expecting a mixture of individuals ranging from the capable right dowen through those with learning difficulties to get out there and sell the club in their free time. Will it work? Yes. For three days, until too many of them are kicked off the premises by people who rightly don't want to know.

The ambassador proposal will be set up for failure from the get go. It's a daft wee initiative aimed at deflecting the real story here. That a bunch of kids are going to run around collecting cash and spreading goodwill like some latter day Fagan's mob is damn near surreal. That anyone will say "welcome ambassador, we have heard of your fine work, here is 500 of our Scottish pounds to help Mr Massone meet the bill for his townhouse" is completely laughable.

This club aren't about "initiatives". If they still have elements who cannot see through him, or who can see no future without him, then they just might be worthy cases for social care.

Too much talk, too little action. Until the supporters recognize that a trust is not a "they", and that a trust is actually a "we", then it is going to be a perpetual downward spiral.

There's still too many looking for "investors" to give them money for free. Until this stops and supporters decide to "be Livingston FC" rather than sit back and hope someone else will fix it for them, then they are screwed.

Spot on as always Dunc! The content of AM posts are ludicrous, not the pigeon English! That should not be forgotten.

I have not been following this ordeal fully, can somebody be kind enough to give me a time line of events that have got Livi into this situation?

OK, I'll fill you in: Many years ago, mighty dinosaurs roamed the planet. Then someone founded Ferranti Thistle, who begat Meadowbank Thistle, who moved to Livingston and became Livingston FC. The rest is history.

Happy to help...

Edited by Alibi

Having read the thread on Livilions, I feel really sorry for them. What is it about a club that attracts idiots like Massone? I mean what's really in it for him?

Hopefully he will go so sooner rather than later and the fans can try and salvage the club.

Idiots are drawn to gullible idiots.

Im going to use this theory to find my wife.

Quite frankly I don't give a toss about Livingston. I used to walk down the road to support my local club, Meadowbank Thistle, and then someone wafted a nice pile of public money under the nose of Mr Hunter and my club died. I find it a bit ironic that Livi fans are now wanting to run their club as this was what was proposed back in 1994-95 when the Thistle Action Group tried to buy out Hunter and keep Thistle at Meadowbank.

But if the Livi fans are fed up with the current situation then here's a suggestion: there is a club who have played in Livingston since the early days of the new town and could do with a bit of support and help and perhaps the boost that some new faces bringing new ideas could bring in. That club is Livingston United Juniors. Livingston United haven't done so well in recent years but being based in a town the size of Livingston they should be doing better. Having been involved in helping to run a club in the East of Scotland League I can say that it is sometimes a frustrating experience but mostly a rewarding one and you get a sense of empowerment in running your own team.