Livingston - all the threads merged

He will be shocked and disappointed that he is expected to pay rent on something that is not fit for purpose........and he is withdrawing rent payment until the council get the certificate sorted............

Heaven help us, Duncan, if on 30 June 2010 he is manfully struggling on, dodging the creditors, and pulls out that excuse for not paying the rent accrued for the 09-10 season!

Having said that, you are right - he will use a future event to avoid historic debts. Kind of like the current Star Trek movie, and Spock falling through the time warp whole thingy, resulting in young Spock getting words of wisdom from Old Man Spock. Except, with livi, old man Massone probably wouldn't have any worthy wisdom for younger Massone.

Edited for some typos.. probably more to correct

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

I'll tell you something, If it ever gets to the point where St Johnstone are on the brink of the abyss and some mouth-breathing Coagies come on here to antagonise the pitiful situation, I will shoot myself.

That's a promise.

All you people who think this is funny, just remember this could mean Airdrie being promoted again <_<

I don't find it funny, it's truly sad what's happening at Livi and I sincerely hope that a solution can be found. I realise that there are livlihoods at stake and such like, I mean we have been through it at Dens. It's a shame and if this comment was partly targetted at me for saying the amalgamation then I take my comments back with an unreserved apology to all Livi fans.

As I've said before, I don't want to see any team go out of business, but at the same time if I was ever in a position where I had to choose a club for it to happen to, it would be Livingston.

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

As I've said before, I don't want to see any team go out of business, but at the same time if I was ever in a position where I had to choose a club for it to happen to, it would be Livingston.

Slightly harsh but I can kind of see where you are coming from on that front.

The sad thing about all this is most spl and first division and some smaller clubs are basically in a similar position to livi. They are by and large heavily in debt and if called upon to clear those debts, they could not do so without selling there best players or other assets.

Setanta is gone and theres no way will the spl get a deal elsewhere as good as, if at all. Costs are up and income is down so dont think Livi are on there own. More clubs during this season will hit the brakes, some may even crash. Maybe even your club???

This situation will get increasingly worse over the coming months and years unless the SFA and SFL get there stupid heads together and radically change Scottish footbal and its format.

The sad thing about all this is most spl and first division and some smaller clubs are basically in a similar position to livi. They are by and large heavily in debt and if called upon to clear those debts, they could not do so without selling there best players or other assets.

Setanta is gone and theres no way will the spl get a deal elsewhere as good as, if at all. Costs are up and income is down so dont think Livi are on there own. More clubs during this season will hit the brakes, some may even crash. Maybe even your club???

This situation will get increasingly worse over the coming months and years unless the SFA and SFL get there stupid heads together and radically change Scottish footbal and its format.

Thankfully we don't fall under that bracket. I am not trying to sound overly complacent because anything could happen such as the economic climate we are in. The big thing for us is that we don't owe the bank anything and we don't have an overdraft. That is the draining issue and with the situation with the banks at the moment, they will be wanting to get rid of all "toxic" assets and football clubs owing the banks thousands will fall under that bracket and they would want to get rid of them by any possible means, even if that meant them shutting them down or forcing them into administration.

Edited by Soccer Dark Blue

That's paranoid nonsense. Firstly, the collapse of Setanta has not affected Livingston one iota. Completely unrelated. Even then, if the SPHell fail again to get a deal with Sky, then they have all that is coming to them. Secondly, the only team I can think of remotely in a similar position to Livingston was Gretna. And look how that worked out.

Any team worth its salt have been preparing for times like these for a couple of years now. Which is why teams attempting to expand have fallen flat on their face, without exception.

I don't know the finances, but Livingston won't be the last, I agree with you there.

Yeh but Livi are a franchise club without a history run by a shower of dodgy folk for years. Their fans don't really matter. They should have had more sense than get caught up in it all from the start.

Did I mention the bit about no history?

Yeh but Livi are a franchise club without a history run by a shower of dodgy folk for years. Their fans don't really matter. They should have had more sense than get caught up in it all from the start.

Did I mention the bit about no history?

All clubs are franchise clubs. Livingston have, unfortunately for their fans, been abhorrently run since day one. That is why the club is about to die, nothing to do with a lack of history.

Guest The White Feather
All clubs are franchise clubs. Livingston have, unfortunately for their fans, been abhorrently run since day one. That is why the club is about to die, nothing to do with a lack of history.

True if trophies won constributes to a successful history Livingston have been successful, they have after all won the League Cup.....Better to burn out than to fade away

Ooh wash your mouth out. You are speaking sacrilegious stuff there.

(Well according to some on here!)

Guest The White Feather
True if trophies won constributes to a successful history Livingston have been successful, they have after all won the League Cup.....Better to burn out than to fade away

And I hope they fade away following the whole flynn, kyles kachloul debacle

That was precisely what Gretna fans said. And it was equally ludicrous then.

I wasnt refering to Livi when i mentioned Setanta, but to all clubs in the SPL.

There is no paranoia in my post at all. Its all fact and until or if the spl get a new tv deal, they are in trouble.

2 1st div clubs hit the skids last season, clyde and livi. They will not be the last and i suspect there could be more this season.