Livingston - all the threads merged

You totally lost it over there before Larry did :P

Why did you spit the dummy and ask to be deleted ? I enjoyed your wind-ups just as much as I enjoy Larry's posts :lol:

None of your business its a private matter.

None of your business its a private matter.

Also it says in one of todays rags,(sun or record) they have a stay of execution due to WLC not having papers ready. How long will this episode run. :rolleyes:

Also it says in one of todays rags,(sun or record) they have a stay of execution due to WLC not having papers ready. How long will this episode run. :rolleyes:

Hopefully long enough so you don't get back up again.

if you think admitting say, Spartans or Cove Rangers or the like would better for Scottish football than a revitalised Motherwell/Morton/Airdrie/Dundee, etc I am afraid we will have to agree to differ. I agree there are dangers but if, for example, Livi were taken over by a supporters trust with the backing of the council (who after all want senior football at Almondvale that for me is a different kettle of fish from the likes of Massone (and a few of his predecessors). OK they would have to re-apply but I would give them precedence over admitting another minnow.

The minnows should get their chance via a pyramid system that puts a trap door in the thrid division.

The danger with giving precedence to a re-incarnation of a club that went bust is that it sends out the signal that the SFL are prepared to see clubs default on debts and allow virtually the same team to re-enter the league almost immediately, I would think that banks and other businesses would become quite wary of giving overdrafts/credit to football clubs if they thought this was going to happen.

The danger with giving precedence to a re-incarnation of a club that went bust is that it sends out the signal that the SFL are prepared to see clubs default on debts and allow virtually the same team to re-enter the league almost immediately, I would think that banks and other businesses would become quite wary of giving overdrafts/credit to football clubs if they thought this was going to happen.

I tend to agree with that view. In the case of Livi doubly so since their record for any sort of fiscal prudence has been woeful for years. Any club can find itself in trouble for a variety of reasons but Livi have taken it too far, too often to deserve much sympathy.

I tend to agree with that view. In the case of Livi doubly so since their record for any sort of fiscal prudence has been woeful for years. Any club can find itself in trouble for a variety of reasons but Livi have taken it too far, too often to deserve much sympathy.

Agree with that. Add in the fact that Livingston supporters have only followed their club for 14 years max and there is no history of support over a number of generations that tends to rally support in times of real crisis. Have a wee read on Livilions if you have any doubts - the fans are divided into groups - some want to be ultras with flags and drums, some want to be a community club via a trust, some want another sugardaddy on the scene etc. etc.

Unlike practically every other club in crisis, they have been unable to unify and garner support and funds to save their club. The fact that the Livi For Life trust has jumped into bed with Gordon McDougall who is today in the court of Session taking action against his former club Cowdenbeath says it all.

If Livingston fans want a club, they need to start again - following the lead of the likes of the Clydebank, Gretna, Wimbledon, Telford and Enfield fans. That will seriously test their resolve and committment. I think that many of the fans will simply melt away - as the Gretna gloryhunters did last year.

Not what Radio Scotland are reporting - no cash today, court tomorrow

I read the story in The Sun too but it is quite possible that they could end up in court tomorrow and continue the case for a week. So both The Sun and Radio Scotland could be right here!

If lawyers acting for the council ask for a further week to prepare paperwork, then they will be granted it.

I do hope that there is some sort of resolution tomorrow and not another delay of an issue that is long overdue of being resolved.

Has there been any further updates on the safety certificate and electricity bill issues? Surely the football authorities will be giving Livi a phone and asking them to at least sort these two things out with the season just over a week away from starting!

This situation is farcical.

You'd have thought that with such a high profile case, with a great deal riding on it, that even lawyers as mediocre as council lawyers would get the paperwork right. Belief-defying incompetence to be honest.

So looks like Livingston will stumble on for another week, and another week of fact free speculation on here. :(

You'd have thought that with such a high profile case, with a great deal riding on it, that even lawyers as mediocre as council lawyers would get the paperwork right. Belief-defying incompetence to be honest.

So looks like Livingston will stumble on for another week, and another week of fact free speculation on here. :(

This type of thing does tend to happen a lot of the time in courts, whether the action is civil or criminal. It's not uncommon for issues to be put back a week, I've seen some put back a month! Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

I would guess the council have a pretty fair idea on what they think outcome will be so, in the grand scheme of things, it will make no odds to them whether administration is later this week or later next week.

The timing issue only matters to the football authorities who may be slightly uneasy with how this continues to drag. The season starts next week after all.

Whether they are giving the Mr Miami Vice and Massone another few days to come up with a better offer we obviously don't know but it appears that the council are continuing to stand their ground..whether that remains the case is anyone's guess.

Agree with that. Add in the fact that Livingston supporters have only followed their club for 14 years max and there is no history of support over a number of generations that tends to rally support in times of real crisis. Have a wee read on Livilions if you have any doubts - the fans are divided into groups - some want to be ultras with flags and drums, some want to be a community club via a trust, some want another sugardaddy on the scene etc. etc.

Unlike practically every other club in crisis, they have been unable to unify and garner support and funds to save their club. The fact that the Livi For Life trust has jumped into bed with Gordon McDougall who is today in the court of Session taking action against his former club Cowdenbeath says it all.

If Livingston fans want a club, they need to start again - following the lead of the likes of the Clydebank, Gretna, Wimbledon, Telford and Enfield fans. That will seriously test their resolve and committment. I think that many of the fans will simply melt away - as the Gretna gloryhunters did last year.

Is that your parrot that keeps posting the same thing over & over again? :D

Is that your parrot that keeps posting the same thing over & over again? :D

Nothing personal, but some things need to be said a few times so that some Livingston FC fans understand the message.

Have another look on livilions or read of some of Gretna Girl's posts from last year and you might see what I mean. ;)

Anyway, just for you......

parrot.jpg

Has there been any further updates on the safety certificate and electricity bill issues? Surely the football authorities will be giving Livi a phone and asking them to at least sort these two things out with the season just over a week away from starting!

This situation is farcical.

The phones are probably on 'incoming calls only' now anyway, so as long as the authorities make the call it should be ok.

So long as there's a volunteer in the office at Livi's end, that is.

This "football club" cannot pay the electricity bill, so therefore cannot get a safety certificate.

The S.F.L. are doing nothing as the future gets bleaker and bleaker.

It descended from farce ages ago.

This "football club" cannot pay the electricity bill, so therefore cannot get a safety certificate.

The S.F.L. are doing nothing as the future gets bleaker and bleaker.

It descended from farce ages ago.

Maybe the SFL will be happy for Livi to play behind closed doors as well! This would be good for fans as they would save the guts of £20 and not have to watch dire football for 90 minutes! :)

All joking aside though, the football authorities should tell Livi a safety certificate must be in place by the start of the season on July 25 or its goodbye. Clearly they won't, but in proper leagues like the Football League in England, things would never have got to this stage.

Edit - Just looking at the advert at the bottom of the page from TotallyMoney.com. It is the answer to Livi's prayers. They owe more than £5,000 and to more than one company. Massone should have posted here weeks ago, we could have helped him save the club :)

Edited by southview

To be honest, I tend to agree with all of you but the point I was making was out of frustration rather than anything else. It was really based on the fact that because liquidation is not an option if a club in trouble is to survive, some of the low lifes who have run clubs into the ground as Scott did with Morton, can end up emerging from it all relatively unscathed. If the club went into liquidation, they would go down with the rest of the creditors.

What I was saying was that maybe there should be a means of allowing a phoenix club to revive the name and retain the fanbase of a financially failed club for the benefit of Scottish football generally. It would be a tragedy if a club like Hearts, for example, went to the wall just because it fell into the hands of a loopy Lithuanian. Any such phoenix would have to prove they had funding in place, a credible business plan and, of course secured a ground, ideally the club's traditional home. This latter would in most cases require them to have acquired the ground from the liquidator if it was owned by the club and so that would demonstrate a substantial commitment.

Having said all that, I also acknowledge the dangers of the message this sends also. Its a tough one!

Kfts has hit the nail on the head though - our club is only 14 years & given the drama of those years each time a 'sugar daddy/white knight' has come in at the last gasp I think a lot of the fans just assume this to be the norm, In reality we need to match income = expenditure which would therefore require huge financial help from the fans & no promises of a high flying future, we could be a constant in division 3 which doesn't bother some of us but it brings others out in hives! The last thing we need now is Mr big bucks coming in or we would be just puting off the inevitable,But sadly not everyone sees it that way which is causing the problems!

Yes, exactly. There are or have been lots of clubs who would accept relegation to the third division is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for having its debts wiped, given that the industry is dependent so much on the goodwill of banks and creditors we just don't have the luxury of being able to put their interests in second place that way. It's why I still maintain the SFL were right not to accept Airdrie United's application, despite my genuine sympathy for Airdrie fans (no, really) and some concern at some of the politics involved and other allegations thereof.