Livingston - all the threads merged

Creamery Park is owned by West Lothian Council. The pitch had major drainage problems through the winter but looked great at the end of the season after a pipe running across the middle of the pitch was repaired. ......

The desire to retain senior football in West Lothian is not a strong enough reason to allow public money to pour down a drain.

Aye, obviously the plumbing problems at Creamery were due to the tsunami of local and national tax payers money being flushed down the toilet at Livingston, and causing a major sewage problem down the line at Bathgate. Some poetic justice there somewhere.

Seriously - HTG is quite right - there is more genuine and needy people and groups who need local government support, sympathy and cash. If Massone wanted to take advantage of fiscal flexibiility and handouts, he should have bought himself a screwed up Bank. Maybe he thought he was, and someone took advantage of english not being his native language

"Angelo ... great investment opportunity... it's an old British Bank... going through rough times, but good opportunity .. rebranding and relocaton failed - on good development opportunity.. Oh that old bank? Meadow Bank"

Anyway, I think the real issue on the Monday night friendly is the £16 to watch a game at Bathgate, but the £16 for a preseason friendly - that's a scandal.

BUt as always, if you need to look at some bizarre views, look no further that than LiviLions. SOme cretains are now slagging of BAthgate Thistle's ground as being no better than a public football park. The irony of Livingston being a public football park obviously is lost on "Pedro" (http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=299501&postcount=82)

You have to hand it to Massone though - he's managed to divide the LIvi fans again.

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

Aye, obviously the plumbing problems at Creamery were due to the tsunami of local and national tax payers money being flushed down the toilet at Livingston, and causing a major sewage problem down the line at Bathgate. Some poetic justice there somewhere.

Seriously - HTG is quite right - there is more genuine and needy people and groups who need local government support, sympathy and cash. If Massone wanted to take advantage of fiscal flexibiility and handouts, he should have bought himself a screwed up Bank. Maybe he thought he was, and someone took advantage of english not being his native language

"Angelo ... great investment opportunity... it's an old British Bank... going through rough times, but good opportunity .. rebranding and relocaton failed - on good development opportunity.. Oh that old bank? Meadow Bank"

Anyway, I think the real issue on the Monday night friendly is the £16 to watch a game at Bathgate, but the £16 for a preseason friendly - that's a scandal.

BUt as always, if you need to look at some bizarre views, look no further that than LiviLions. SOme cretains are now slagging of BAthgate Thistle's ground as being no better than a public football park. The irony of Livingston being a public football park obviously is lost on "Pedro" (http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=299501&postcount=82)

You have to hand it to Massone though - he's managed to divide the LIvi fans again.

Some of the clowns on that forum lead me to beleive they have what they deserve.

Not this time my friend.

Apologies.. have completely misunderstod Pedro replying to LLD v 2 saying "Shut up you negative A.**s.!" - interpreted that as being strongly arguementative and taking a stance what could be seen as not the same as LLD v2.

Dont know what made me think that there were divisions there.... silly me!

Apologies.. have completely misunderstod Pedro replying to LLD v 2 saying "Shut up you negative A.**s.!" - interpreted that as being strongly arguementative and taking a stance what could be seen as not the same as LLD v2.

I am sure thats just banter....they are 2 old farts anyway :P

I think we are heading for Administration & i think it could happen sooner or later. Lets hope so as it seems our only option to rid Massone of our club!

I know a company in stadium house (friend of the family) & i understand they sorted Scottish Power not the club yet more lies from Massone.. :(

Actually they are mates but you were not to know that I suppose. Then again it wouldn't be like you to miss yet another opportunity to kick us when we are about as far down as we can go.

Actually they are mates but you were not to know that I suppose. Then again it wouldn't be like you to miss yet another opportunity to kick us when we are about as far down as we can go.

Yeah, it's hellish especially when Massone kicked the shite out of you already..

post-15122-1247875612.jpg

Never saw myself as the kicking sort and being aggressive - more just trying, as an observor with a limited view of the world, to highlight and understand the contradictions and absurdities of life at Livingston as I see them.

Thank you for the candid feedback - I'll see if I want to do anything with it.

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

QUOTE (jimbo @ Jul 18 2009, 00:42)
post_snapback.gif

Never saw myself as the kicking sort and being aggressive - more just trying, as an observor with a limited view of the world, to highlight and understand the contradictions and absurdities of life at Livingston as I see them.

I've finished considering your feedback, Jimbo - and I've decided to ignore it.

Yeah, it's hellish especially when Massone kicked the shite out of you already..

Yeh we get the shit kicked out of us by the mad man then we listen to fans of every other club tell us it's all our fault. Think I might cry now! :bairn

I need some :wub:

Edited by jimbo

Yeh we get the shit kicked out of us by the mad man then we listen to fans of every other club tell us it's all our fault. Think I might cry now! :bairn

I need some :wub:

Excuse me if I don't dig out my hanky and dab your snotter-covered face.

I've finished considering your feedback, Jimbo - and I've decided to ignore it.

Whatever turns you on! It's obviously becoming a big part of your life now and it would be churlish of me to suggest any curtailment of your Livi stalking activities :rolleyes:

Must admit that although I didn't expect any 'huge' news about developments first thing on Thursday i was expecting a comment from either WLC or the club to advise as to whats now going to happen, i.e, are they still talking or have the council actually confirmed that action has started?

If the council were to confirm that proceedings were to begin maybe the SFL could then ask for confirmation that Livi will be able to fulfill the seasons fixtures. In any case they should really be insisting that the safety certificate is in place by a set deadline.

Must admit that although I didn't expect any 'huge' news about developments first thing on Thursday i was expecting a comment from either WLC or the club to advise as to whats now going to happen, i.e, are they still talking or have the council actually confirmed that action has started?

If the council were to confirm that proceedings were to begin maybe the SFL could then ask for confirmation that Livi will be able to fulfill the seasons fixtures. In any case they should really be insisting that the safety certificate is in place by a set deadline.

Sadly nothing is that simple where Massone is concerned! Concern for the league, clubs, fixtures etc? No. Make as much of a drama & piss off the maximum amount of people as possible? Oh yes! He loves the bloody limelight! :(