Livingston - all the threads merged

Phantom's-livi-lass and I are punters like the thousands of others who toddle off and pay their money to watch their teams on a Saturday. We are not into the politics of football. The folk you have a gripe with don't come anywhere near these forums. Having lost so much money you are perfectly justified in screaming at us as much as you do but at the end of the day we had as much input into how the club was run then as it has been under Massone. I am not looking for the club to get off Scot free but I think being expelled completely from the SFL would be harsh on the remaining fans who care about it.

I await you next diatribe with trepidation :o .

No diatribe. Livingston FC are the past masters of wanting company law applied when it means they can avoid debt payment, and don't want it applied when it means ceasing to exist because "it'll hurt the supporters and people will lose their jobs". I can assure you that Livingston FC's wrongdoing has cost jobs and livelihoods. Unfortunately, it tends to be people other than those who work for the club.

For the fans who "care about it", then yes I understand, but how come "caring about a football club" (and whatever that might entail) falls apart if they are kicked out of the league? Wouldn't that single act test the voracity of "care"? What you have laid out above is exactly the Livvy duplicity of wanting company law to protect them from having to honour debt while coupling it to the emotive piece of "people caring" to limit punishment so that it might only sting for a year or two.

No diatribe. Livingston FC are the past masters of wanting company law applied when it means they can avoid debt payment, and don't want it applied when it means ceasing to exist because "it'll hurt the supporters and people will lose their jobs". I can assure you that Livingston FC's wrongdoing has cost jobs and livelihoods. Unfortunately, it tends to be people other than those who work for the club.

For the fans who "care about it", then yes I understand, but how come "caring about a football club" (and whatever that might entail) falls apart if they are kicked out of the league? Wouldn't that single act test the voracity of "care"? What you have laid out above is exactly the Livvy duplicity of wanting company law to protect them from having to honour debt while coupling it to the emotive piece of "people caring" to limit punishment so that it might only sting for a year or two.

Duncan you are definitely a hanging judge. :rolleyes: May God have mercy on our souls. :death

You sound pleased by that (if it is true). I take it you didn't contribute then even though you constantly insist that you are a fan.

How can you detect sound from the written word ? Just as some won't give money to Massone, I won't give money to those I don't trust.

How can you detect sound from the written word ? Just as some won't give money to Massone, I won't give money to those I don't trust.

Some Livi fans never cease to amaze. Your football club is going to go down the crapper and you are too busy being caught up in some tedious personal nonsense.

How can you detect sound from the written word ?

Ocht you know what I mean! :rolleyes:

Just as some won't give money to Massone, I won't give money to those I don't trust.

I think everybody and their dug can understand why fans don't trust Massone. I bet you didn't give any money to him either.

I have never heard (or read from your written word!) any reason why you don't trust the people in the trust but no wonder fans of other clubs don't understand us when there is such bad feeling between supporters as that which you display. ;)

And you have to admit that the Trust was right all along about Massone's incompetence. (but I know you wont)

clubs don't understand us when there is such bad feeling between supporters as that which you display. ;)

And you have to admit that the Trust was right all along about Massone's incompetence. (but I know you wont)

Didn't I read one time on the Livi forums that your trust lost a lot of support/members when they decided without consulting it's members on throwing money away by sponsoring the management team when Flynn was in charge?

Another laughable thing is that the Livi Trust paid Flynn £12,000 for a 1% share in Livi, Massone only paid £1 for 70% not many weeks after.

Edited by AND180Y

Didn't I read one time on the Livi forums that your trust lost a lot of support/members when they decided without consulting it's members on throwing money away by sponsoring the management team when Flynn was in charge?

Another laughable thing is that the Livi Trust paid Flynn £12,000 for a 1% share in Livi, Massone only paid £1 for 70% not many weeks after.

That's all true. They paid £1,000 to sponsor the manager and his assistant without consultation of the members when all the money collected was supposed to be used to buy shares. Then they paid well over the odds for the shares they did get.

:lol: It's only in the last few months they have been attacking Massone and only then because he sidelined them. They didn't utter a peep before that so stop trying to change history :rolleyes:

Didn't I read one time on the Livi forums that your trust lost a lot of support/members when they decided without consulting it's members on throwing money away by sponsoring the management team when Flynn was in charge? [/quote

I seem to remember the rep from the Morton trust telling us at our open inaugural meeting that in the early days they gave money to the club in good faith and got nothing in return. At least the Livi trust got shares. You are right though that they were probably grossly over priced. Hopefully a case of you live and learn.

AND18OY for a Kelty Hearts fan I think you know more about Livi than I do. You seem to have some fascination for the club and all that happens there.

Duncan you are definitely a hanging judge. :rolleyes: May God have mercy on our souls. :death

Och I know Jimbo. Let me put it another way that the Gretna support understood full well.

Livi Glaze are going to put a conservatory up for you. They demand a deposit of six thousand, eight hundred pounds. You pay up.

Three months later..........nothing. No conservatory. You go ask for your cash back along with a few others in your street. They tell you "sorry nae chance, we go to administration".

Several months later you get an offer of sixty eight pounds and 8 pence. This is to be considered full and final settlement for all monies owed.

The next week, there's Livi Glaze in your street selling conservatories, and the head of the company is there in his poor man's Jag. You hear from a very good source that Livi Glaze are up to their old tricks again.

Tell me truthfully, what do you want to see happen to Livi Glaze? Would it cut any slack with you to know that if they go out of business, people will lose their jobs? Or that someone else in your street thinks they are a great wee company?

For me, the minute football clubs hide behind company law in order to avoid debt, then it really is open season. They have effectively given up any and all rights to be considered special cases.

I seem to remember the rep from the Morton trust telling us at our open inaugural meeting that in the early days they gave money to the club in good faith and got nothing in return. At least the Livi trust got shares. You are right though that they were probably grossly over priced. Hopefully a case of you live and learn.

AND18OY for a Kelty Hearts fan I think you know more about Livi than I do. You seem to have some fascination for the club and all that happens there.

It would be fair to say that any reader of the national newspapers would have quite a knowledge of your clubs mismanagement, rule bending, employment and other problems as they are reported on an almost daily basis and have been since you emerged from admin.

Your trust board decry Massone for a lack of due dilligence when he took over the club but they themselves accepted Flynns £1.2 million valuation, worked out on the back of a fag packet no doubt, without seeing the books was an admission they made?

Ocht you know what I mean! :rolleyes:

I think everybody and their dug can understand why fans don't trust Massone. I bet you didn't give any money to him either.

I have never heard (or read from your written word!) any reason why you don't trust the people in the trust but no wonder fans of other clubs don't understand us when there is such bad feeling between supporters as that which you display. ;)

It's also true that P&B regulars were right a long time ahead of the Trust!

Och I know Jimbo. Let me put it another way that the Gretna support understood full well.

Livi Glaze are going to put a conservatory up for you. They demand a deposit of six thousand, eight hundred pounds. You pay up.

Three months later..........nothing. No conservatory. You go ask for your cash back along with a few others in your street. They tell you "sorry nae chance, we go to administration".

Several months later you get an offer of sixty eight pounds and 8 pence. This is to be considered full and final settlement for all monies owed.

The next week, there's Livi Glaze in your street selling conservatories, and the head of the company is there in his poor man's Jag. You hear from a very good source that Livi Glaze are up to their old tricks again.

Tell me truthfully, what do you want to see happen to Livi Glaze? Would it cut any slack with you to know that if they go out of business, people will lose their jobs? Or that someone else in your street thinks they are a great wee company?

For me, the minute football clubs hide behind company law in order to avoid debt, then it really is open season. They have effectively given up any and all rights to be considered special cases.

Problem is that in Livi 90% of houses already have a conservatory, 7% are flats with no need for a conservatory and the remaining 3% dont want to pay enough to make doing business there viable. :lol:

So, if the occupants of Stadium House have now gone and settled the electricity bill of 32k, they will now have to raise a court order to try and get that money back..........and meanwhile Livingston FC will be back using power that they will never ever pay for, as they know the people in Stadium House will pay it. It is hilarious.

It's also good to know that if this is indeed the case, then Massone and Franchi (and I think it's fair to see them as a pair now) are still happy for the truth not to be known, and for the public to believe it is LFC who have paid the bill. Methinks the two of them just might not have an honest fibre in their collective bodies.

Everyone on this thread so far is a "Trust" board member but they don't declare their interest, instead they hide behind user names in some sort of propaganda feed for the journalists reading the boards :rolleyes:

I think it is common knowledge among fans (and any journalist who has been keeping tabs) that I am a Trust board member.

I think it is common knowledge among fans (and any journalist who has been keeping tabs) that I am a Trust board member.

I heard that the local newspaper in West Lothian was quoting the trust chairman as saying they were ready and willing to work with Rankine, is this true? I couldn't find it online.

You should all have it in your signatures then or use your real name but have the caveat that your views are personal and are not necessarily that of the board. Some of the postings of the board members would then make sense.