Livingston - all the threads merged

So what happened with the SFL? Wasn't today trumpeted as the day for big news?

Or are we so used to deadlines that they now slip bye unnoticed?

Oh and Phantoms-livi-lass and MCL, get a room already!! :P:lol:

Yeah, that's what I thought. In terms of the league structure for next season it looks like business as usual. The clock is ticking towards 8th August and with every passing hour it is difficult to envisage anything other than Livingston playing in the First Division this coming season. I have no problem with that but like many posters on this thread I wish the whole thing would just resolve itself.

Yeah, you and I are looking at this from a similar perspective. They're looking alright on the park aren't they - getting some very good pre-season results.

Kind of sickening after the slog we've had to get out of the Second Division to see them turning down guys like Patrick Noubisse because 'he's no better than what we already have'.

No doubt they'll build up a healthy points haul, early on, so that when they finally do go into adminstration and have to make all their players 'redundant', Raith and Ayr still won't catch them.

I wouldn't believe that Noubisse was turned down by the club.

Yeah, that's what I thought. In terms of the league structure for next season it looks like business as usual. The clock is ticking towards 8th August and with every passing hour it is difficult to envisage anything other than Livingston playing in the First Division this coming season. I have no problem with that but like many posters on this thread I wish the whole thing would just resolve itself.

Tell me about it!! :rolleyes:

QUOTE (nick cash @ Jul 21 2009, 16:27) post_snapback.gifdo the council not own the stadium ?, so why are the club responsible for it being safe ???

It's a commercial lease, if part of the stadium was found to be structurally defective then the council would have to fix it, but if the way they are using it (improper storage) is not in order, if there is no insurance, then a safety certificate can be refused.

It's a commercial lease, if part of the stadium was found to be structurally defective then the council would have to fix it, but if the way they are using it (improper storage) is not in order, if there is no insurance, then a safety certificate can be refused.

Interesting if the Council at the same time as going through a legal process in relation to a significant unpaid rental arrears and, fair to say, breach of contract, are somehow bound (legally or otherwise) to ensure that the stadium they are providing to their rogue tennants is up to scratch. Even if the council were legally bound by the commerical lease, if they refused to do the work citing the arrears, I would be surprised if Livingston would be able to fund a court action against them, let alone win the case.

Positiviely, its good to read that the LiviTrust have raised a few thousand pounds in the last couple of weeks asa fighting fund - significantly more than I expected. To Jimbo, PLL, LIvi looks like the divisions are being bridged and it is good first step to a fair financial start, but where that starting line is .. who knows?

I am a Livi fan & this goes with the territory & even if that means people hate me I won't & can't change what I am.

Com'on PLL - don't put yourself down - thought you had changed for the better previously? Could have sworn you wrote you had leanings towards Celtic but then changed when Livi sprung up beside Bubbles?!

Guest Travelling Man

Yep, that seems to be what everyone wants - Massone, Rankine, SFL, and the Council. Then when the hammer comes down you will at least be left with a First Division club to sort out.

Interesting to reflect where things seems to have got to. The Livi Trust seems still to be hooked on administration and the MacDougall bid (or whatever word is right for an "offer" with no money involved!) and Rankine has gone quiet and gone to ground meantime. Not before he had tried to negotiate with Angelo Massone but inevitably found him impossible to deal with. Angelo must have thought he was dealing with a novice - offering to take Rankine's money for 49% of the club!

Even I could see through that one.

Still, Rankine has gone away with all the information he needs about the club's financial affairs and being the vulture he is my guess is that he'll be back after the season starts with his offer to take over the club, probably with a £500k investment, half from himself and half from other backers, hopefully including local interests (and the Trust). Which of course is exactly £500k more than will be coming forward from the Massone or MacDougall camps.

There has been a lot of talk about a CVA, which of course was the way out of the mire for your club last time round. The sensible thing would be for Massone to start that process now and give the club a fighting chance of accessing Rankine's investment, but will he?

The council is in a hopeless position, largely of its own making of course. It will be damned if it forecloses on the club and damned if it doesn't. Any new club that emerges from the current fiasco will obviously need to have a very different financial relationship with the council which has quite simply been trying to take more money out of the club, by way of rent and other charges, that it could ever afford.

I say again, guys, don't underestimate Rankine's tenacity or resources in this situation. There isn't a blazer at the SFL that he doesn't know personally and it would be extraordinary if you didn't want to take his dosh for your club. Any other saviours on the horizon? Real ones, I mean, with money.

Yep, that seems to be what everyone wants - Massone, Rankine, SFL, and the Council. Then when the hammer comes down you will at least be left with a First Division club to sort out.

Interesting to reflect where things seems to have got to. The Livi Trust seems still to be hooked on administration and the MacDougall bid (or whatever word is right for an "offer" with no money involved!) and Rankine has gone quiet and gone to ground meantime. Not before he had tried to negotiate with Angelo Massone but inevitably found him impossible to deal with. Angelo must have thought he was dealing with a novice - offering to take Rankine's money for 49% of the club!

Still, Rankine has gone away with all the information he needs about the club's financial affairs and being the vulture he is my guess is that he'll be back after the season starts with his offer to take over the club, probably with a £500k investment, half from himself and half from other backers, hopefully including local interests (and the Trust). Which of course is exactly £500k more than will be coming forward from the Massone or MacDougall camps.

There has been a lot of talk about a CVA, which of course was the way out of the mire for your club last time round. The sensible thing would be for Massone to start that process now and give the club a fighting chance of accessing Rankine's investment, but will he?

The council is in a hopeless position, largely of its own making of course. It will be damned if it forecloses on the club and damned if it doesn't. Any new club that emerges from the current fiasco will obviously need to have a very different financial relationship with the council which has quite simply been trying to take more money out of the club, by way of rent and other charges, that it could ever afford.

I say again, guys, don't underestimate Rankine's tenacity or resources in this situation. There isn't a blazer at the SFL that he doesn't know personally and it would be extraordinary if you didn't want to take his dosh for your club. Any other saviours on the horizon? Real ones, I mean, with money.

You're fooling no-one, Neil.

Yes, and he was so well-respected after the Morton and Airdrie disasters, wasn't he?

Snake-oil salesman?

*waves* at Rankine or one of his lackies.

f**k off - your property gain game is all too clear to see - all was revealed by the watcher / Penelope Pitstop on livilions. It may not be too late for a gang-rape arranged by Section B!

Apparently they were looking at Halliwell,Simon Lynch and 2 foreign trialists last night.Not bad for a club thats fighting for its life

These guys deserve all they get if they sign for Livi then don't get paid. Honestly, football people are unbelievably thick sometimes.

It won't be long before mercenaries like Innes are moaning about how they have to pay their mortgage, and aren't being paid. Yet, he whores himself out to one 'dream' after another.

what evidence is there that the council's bottled it?

The endless delays are probably more to do with the lack of court time to deal with this- I'd imagine insolvency hearings are much in demand as we're in the middle of the biggest depression since 1929. bear in mind too that it's summer holiday time and that's likely to hold things up further as far as the courts are concerned.

When this comes to court "Livi" really are staring down the barrel.

With just over a week to go until the start of the new season, at what point is it too late to demote Livingston to the 3rd Division?

Not sure about that- once the season starts that opportunity has gone, I think (unless there's some kind of precedent from the 1920s or something when the old Third Division folded after a handful of games)

In that scenario, i.e. a crippled Livingston starting the season, then the stakes are higher I think. Administration means hefty points deuction (I know it's not the same as England but its the likeliest scenario) and the demand that Livingston guarantee to fulfil their fixtures. I think it's near impossible that an administrator surveying the wreckage of Livingston's finances will give that guarantee. In which case, Livingston expelled and any record expunged. That of course means a nine team first division, probably no automatic relegation spot, and a widespread slating of the SFL's inactivity.

But, as the SFL are clearly stedfast in their resolve to do nothing until a Court of Session judge does, that's the position we're in!

Not sure about that- once the season starts that opportunity has gone, I think (unless there's some kind of precedent from the 1920s or something when the old Third Division folded after a handful of games)

In that scenario, i.e. a crippled Livingston starting the season, then the stakes are higher I think. Administration means hefty points deuction (I know it's not the same as England but its the likeliest scenario) and the demand that Livingston guarantee to fulfil their fixtures. I think it's near impossible that an administrator surveying the wreckage of Livingston's finances will give that guarantee. In which case, Livingston expelled and any record expunged. That of course means a nine team first division, probably no automatic relegation spot, and a widespread slating of the SFL's inactivity.

But, as the SFL are clearly stedfast in their resolve to do nothing until a Court of Session judge does, that's the position we're in!

:thumsup2 Sounds good to me!