Livingston - all the threads merged

£25k from Mr McDougall I guess

I'm sure that would be completely illegal if it were to come from that source.

The administrator will have put up the money as a means of unblocking the stumbling block to selling on the club. If Massone refuses to bite then I guess the money stays in the administrators company account and the club folds. If Massone bites, the admin simply adds the 25k to the bill he presents to the new owners.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I am surprised no one has mentioned this, BUT.

For a club without money, where is the administrator getting the £25k to pay Massone off.

The more i read about this in the press and etc, the more i am convinced a deal has been struck, even before the admins were called in and that the whole thing is yet another political sham.

You really should pay more attention :P

And of course Ballantyne is on the SFL's Management Committee.

You can thank/berate him if/when you get bumped up to the SF1.

Absolutely spot-on. The Livi fans are now feeling the pain that Meadowbank Thistle fans felt in 1994 when they lost their club.

What comes around and all that.

Hopefully it will be the MK Dongs next.... :ph34r:

I think underneath your hard exterior you share my pain. :D

The £25k is just the administrators taking a punt.

Without getting Massone out of the picture they can't attract an investor and have no option but to fold the club sooner rather than later so as they do not end up out of pocket themselves.

If he takes the offer then they can drag their involvement on for a good bit longer whilst they negotiate with whatever interested parties might exist....they get the £25k back when they sell the shares to the new owner and they're also able to present them with a larger invoice for services rendered.

Just out of interest:

Big Marv and what two others were nicked from the Rovers by Livi and for how much?

Wednesday 12:01 - RRFC put in an offer for the six yard boxes :lol:

Or has that been fixed?

Tosh and Burns, and for a reported forty grand, which was later rumoured to be ten grand in cash. The deal was done only a few days after Rovers beat Livingston 4-0.

I should get angry at this but somehow I don't, as I've said before I understand where you are coming from & the only outcome for you to taste sweet revenge is for my club to die, I would never try to change your mind as you have your reasons, but remember we are still Livi fans & our club is on the brink of extinction, although you think this is what we deserve it still hurts like hell & to be honest I have never & still would never wish this on any club's fans. :(

No, I can separate decent people like you from the sham of a football club that is based at Almondvale. You guys would survive oif this lot goes under...........and you'd quickly be the happier for it. I don't want you guys to go through the pain.............but far more importantly, I do not want this grubby outfit to inflict even more pain and upset on others. There is a footie club out there waiting to be be brought into life by you guys. Oneu which would be worthy of your time and effort.

You start to feel sorry for people, then the Facebook arsehole makes his presence known, and straight away, up go my hackles, and all I can do is wish you out of existance. Sad I know, but there is a DNA strand amongst some of the Livvy support that really does deserve to be rooted out forever.

Tosh and Burns, and for a reported forty grand, which was later rumoured to be ten grand in cash. The deal was done only a few days after Rovers beat Livingston 4-0.

I'm sure that it has been mentioned by Raith supporters on several occasions that they appealed to us to buy the players to help them out of their financial situation.

You start to feel sorry for people, then the Facebook arsehole makes his presence known, and straight away, up go my hackles, and all I can do is wish you out of existance. Sad I know, but there is a DNA strand amongst some of the Livvy support that really does deserve to be rooted out forever.

:lol: Because one person says some stupid things (to be honest, it was only the Daily Record bit I totally disagreed with) you basically say that the all of Livi support has an evil gene that has to be weeded out.

You never felt sorry for us for a second, which is fair enough to be honest, however don't try and play that game.

:lol: Because one person says some stupid things (to be honest, it was only the Daily Record bit I totally disagreed with) you basically say that the all of Livi support has an evil gene that has to be weeded out.

Hoist by your own petard. ;)

- Thanks to the decision to sell the First Division player of the year, top goal scorer in our history, future Scotland star and brightest prospect since McFadden for a pittance which did nothing to cut the debts. We could easily have got half a million for Griffiths, but sold ourselves short, while his true value was hidden by the media where he barely got a look-in (hardly likely to highlight a Livi success story I suppose).

There is a core 1500 support

This is a club that has contributed massively to Scottish football in recent years. The media (mainly Scotland on Sunday / Daily Record) want you to believe this club is asset-less and rotten to the core so they can sell a few extra papers on the back of the club going bust. This should be far from the end for us. This football club is easily financially viable. Long-term investment and effort into the academy has resulted best under 19s side in the SFL over the last 2 years. They are probably already good enough to keep us up in the current division this season – yes you don't hear about any of that in the press. Take away this platform so cheaply and you could lose at least 1 future Scotland star from the game. We need to encourage investment and turn up in large numbers or Scottish football will be all the poorer for its loss.

You never felt sorry for us for a second, which is fair enough to be honest, however don't try and play that game.

Okay, you're up: you don't totally disagree with the extracts above? I've taken care to embolden the particular ones that I take most factual exceptions to.

In a nutshell though:

- half-million for the best prospect since McFadden

- core 1500 support

- club is not asset-less, rotten to the core

- club is easily a financially viable entity

- youth team are good enough for First Division survival

- Scottish football will be worsened by the loss of this franchise side

Those claims are a mix of laughable bluster and nonsense supported by no evidence whatsoever. How can you agree with those sentiments in any way?