Livingston - all the threads merged

Talking of Compensation. Will the 2nd division clubs be compensated for the lost revenue of a larger Airdrie support? Obviously all teams would've worked out in their forecasts an away support in excess of so many fans (Clyde for example would forecast atleast 150), now Cowdenbeath will be promoted now, they'll only bring about 50, a loss of 200 fans and aproximately £2000 atleast.

I'm not sure it would make much diffrence, given the apathy surrounding Airdrie nowadays.

In theory, losing a full time club would give the rest a better chance of winning the league, so any drop off in away support would be compensated for by a higher home gate and bigger travelling supports from the other challengers.

Our away support is 2 men and a dog nowadays, and there's no guarantee that we'd actually win the league, so I'm not sure that Airdrie being swapped with Cowden would make aby difference to teams' aspirations and income.

Hope they go to the wall. Bring nothing to anyone as do all Franchise clubs with no fanbase. Paid stupid money in the past which inflated the market putting everyone else under pressure. They can GTF for me. That will be two of the three gone bust in the last two years. Only ICT remain. Their downward spiral has begun but are sheltered with their location unfortunately or they would go the same way.

You may (but probably not :lol: ) be interested to know that this thread is now longer than the Gretna (are fucked) thread which has 209 pages in the usual view, 5212 replies and 192,699 views currently.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.ph...&start=5200

Is this now the longest thread away from the General Nonsense forum?

And you'll definitely not be interested in the fact that I made 145 posts on the Gretna thread and currently have 210 posts on this thread. And yes, I agree that many of them probably contained shite. :ph34r:

And to think, the grave dancing has not even started yet - can someone put Livingston FC and their loyal (for at least 14 years) fans out of their misery please? :P

Ah but considering that for the last few pages you & others have been reliving the Gretna ordeal it does not count!!!! :P

Also must add I read the Gretna thread & for all you say about if we built up a community based club & came up through the eos leagues you would be happy for us, On a post to a Gretna fan you said you cannot lose your history you are still the same Gretna & will still be judged as such, not the exact words but that was the gist of it! No doubt if we did return as a trust run club you would be back down on us like a ton of bricks!!! :angry:

Which does not mean none were supportive to your cause, you are therefore saying you have no sympathy for Livi fans because some fans were nasty when you needed help, surely there is no need to tar us all with the one brush? I for sure don't think all queens fans are replicas of KFTS or that all Kelty fans are exactly like AND180Y.

This is in the running for the most pointless and irelevant post in the history of the internet. B) :P

And you'll definitely not be interested in the fact that I made 145 posts on the Gretna thread and currently have 210 posts on this thread. And yes, I agree that many of them probably contain shite. :ph34r:

How do you tell how many posts you've had on one thread?

Ah but considering that for the last few pages you & others have been reliving the Gretna ordeal it does not count!!!! :P

Also must add I read the Gretna thread & for all you say about if we built up a community based club & came up through the eos leagues you would be happy for us, On a post to a Gretna fan you said you cannot lose your history you are still the same Gretna & will still be judged as such, not the exact words but that was the gist of it! No doubt if we did return as a trust run club you would be back down on us like a ton of bricks!!! :angry:

The Livi trust don't have it in them to organise and run a club, that they are pissing about naming teddys for a couple of hundred pounds whilst the club needs tens if not hundreds of thousands to make it past tomorrow says it all. How much have they raised since the last bout of admin? (Lets discount the 12,000 for shares that are now worthless).

I'm not sure how you can actually blame the SFL for the Livi debacle to be honest. Until Livi went into administration there was nothing they could do. Of course it did seem clear to most people that we would get to this stage, but the SFL could not preempt this.

Edited to add:

Going by your assessment, the SFL should have taken Clydebank out of the SFL a couple of seasons before Airdrie took you over. I mean it was clear to all you were fucked financially, so it was only a matter of time.

Agreed. If the sfl are to be expected to remove clubs who are technically insolvent we would have very small leagues. Until a club does actually go into admin or is liquidated there is not a great deal the league can do. What they could do of course is have rules in place to ensure that owners are fit and proper persons, but thats another debate

Guest Flash
Maths ain't a strong point, eh?

Away back to yer comps...

I do struggle with maths, arithmetic, indeed anything to do with numbers. Maybe qualified to be a director of Clyde?

Incidentally, what is 7 - 1?

Next to the thread title on the menu of threads for the division is the number of posts on the thread. Click that and it tells you who made them.

Hey, so it does.

What I probably meant was that the fans are the club.

Players, stadiums, Chairman, Directors all come and go but the fans are the constant.

Your new club might be a different legal entity, but no one can take away the day you went to the CIS Cup Final or away in Europe. You can't buy and sell history or what each and every fan experienced or has as memories.

For the record, any fully-owned trust Livingston club would have my full support at whatever level. I'm reserving judgement on any link with McDougall though. ;)

Spartans will be prepairing their SFL membership presentation as we speak. Would be funny to see them dissapointed yet again.

Surely there's not enough time to elect a new member without fucking up the fixtures?

What I probably meant was that the fans are the club.

Players, stadiums, Chairman, Directors all come and go but the fans are the constant.

Your new club might be a different legal entity, but no one can take away the day you went to the CIS Cup Final or away in Europe. You can't buy and sell history or what each and every fan experienced or has as memories.

For the record, any fully-owned trust Livingston club would have my full support at whatever level. I'm reserving judgement on any link with McDougall though. ;)

Oh well, I apologise then, but shall remember these words just incase I need them in the future. ;)