Livingston - all the threads merged

I get that, but isn't his job to protect the interests of creditors? And aren't the council the biggest creditor (along with Massone himself)? How can he already say the club cannot operate under administration? What assets can be liquidated? Creditors will get feck all, whereas if the club continues to operate, there's the possibility of more than feck all.

If Massone takles the £25K and runs, there remains the possibility of a prospective new owner having enough cash to offer creditors a settlement after the liquidators' fees are paid.

If this is allowed to drag on, the liquidators' fees mount up and add to the overall debt pile, making a sale less likely unless all other debts are written off. In turn, that also means that intead of assets being sold to raise cash for the pre-existing creditors in the event of the club being wound up, it's likely that any fire sale wouldn't even cover the fees.

The creditors are f'cked one way or the other. The only thing that's certain is that the liquidators will receive their cash, or a portion of it, regardless of the outcome.

Shoot the fcukers between the eyes and let Mileson's llamas graze on Almondvale while all creditors whistle in the wind for their money.

Sadly, they had to be sold off when his health started to deteriorate. I believe, they were shipped to Peru, where they now work in a back street brothel in Lima. One of them goes by the name of Deirdre.

A tragic tale, I'm sure you will agree. :(

Edited by qos_75

Nobody is trying to buy the league place.

Do us a favour - if Livvy go tits-up, within about 5 minutes the Committee that runs Spartans will be like a fly round a shite sniffing that league place, and before you know it, a glossy Spartans brochure will be wafting it's way to League HQ, while Spartans fans dust off their Spiderman suits and assorted fancy dress outfits to get Irn Bru patches put on the sleeves.

Do us a favour - if Livvy go tits-up, within about 5 minutes the Committee that runs Spartans will be like a fly round a shite sniffing that league place, and before you know it, a glossy Spartans brochure will be wafting it's way to League HQ, while Spartans fans dust off their Spiderman suits and assorted fancy dress outfits to get Irn Bru patches put on the sleeves.

Interesting.

You seem to bear a grudge against Spartans. What's that all about?

From the Livi site after a fans meeting with McGruther.

If Massone was to get £70000 on a debt of £290000 that works out at about 25p in the pound. If the total debt is £1.7million that means someone must be willing to pay somewhere in the region of £425000 to £450000 for the club. Thats a loyt of money to pay for a company that has no assets

Interesting.

You seem to bear a grudge against Spartans. What's that all about?

Probably because Spartans played a part in St Mirren being fined for playing an ilegible player against them in a Scottish Cup tie a few seasons ago? Or something along those lines.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

If Massone was to get £70000 on a debt of £290000 that works out at about 25p in the pound. If the total debt is £1.7million that means someone must be willing to pay somewhere in the region of £425000 to £450000 for the club. Thats a loyt of money to pay for a company that has no assets

It's all about the land. :)

Probably because Spartans played a part in St Mirren being fined for playing an ilegible player against them in a Scottish Cup tie a few seasons ago? Or something along those lines.

Completely wrong. Spartans aren't responsible for the mistake made by St Mirren and the referee that day. Spartans are so low on my radar that I think Morton even register above them.

Shiny shoes at the ready for Livvy, or a new final deadline before llama grazing gets underway at Almondvale?

Nothing personal - just think they got a bit uppity when Annan won the day and toys were launched out of a pram...

.....That didn't happen. Annan were the best team for the place. No toys went anywhere, but you know what this isn't about Spartans - our name hasn't been mentioned anywhere and I for one hope that Livingston are saved.

Ah, I see.

So did they play an ineligable player? If so, what's the problem? I'm sure we did this a few years back and were fined as well. I can't recall ever holding a grudge against anyone about it. I think it may have been Cowdenbeath and Jamie Adams, the player in question.

Right, now I think about. Cowdenbeath, bunch of b*****ds. :P

That's better. You do feel a lot better holding a grudge, your right!

.....That didn't happen. Annan were the best team for the place. No toys went anywhere, but you know what this isn't about Spartans - our name hasn't been mentioned anywhere and I for one hope that Livingston are saved.

Why? Aside from the ordinary punters who work there and lose their jobs naturally...

Are you really saying that after Annan won their league place, that some individuals from Spartans didn't go public to voice their disapproval with the decision? Toys and pram seems about right to me.

Completely wrong. Spartans aren't responsible for the mistake made by St Mirren and the referee that day. Spartans are so low on my radar that I think Morton even register above them.

Shiny shoes at the ready for Livvy, or a new final deadline before llama grazing gets underway at Almondvale?

Ah bugger, just when I was feeling better holding a grudge. :P

Oh well.

Ah bugger, just when I was feeling better holding a grudge. :P

Oh well.

Sorry to disappoint you! :) Our problem as a support over that wasn't anything to do with Spartans, and there was no denying that the mistake took place - it was the fact we were fined £25,000 for it. Now, I cannot remember the incident - but at the time something went on elsewhere in Scottish football... I think it was Neil Lennon squaring up to a referee right in the face? We got fined £25,000 for a paperwork error while that wee chunt got a slap on the wrist...something like that anyway. Nothing to do with Spartans - who seem to run a nice wee operation. It was all to do with the punishment being excessive. We appealed and got a few bob shaved off though - typical tight-arsed Paisley tightwads.... B)

Edited by pozbaird

From the Livi site after a fans meeting with McGruther.

Any new owner has to pay the £25k to Massone plus the football debts of £70k. The creditors - Council, HMRC and various others have to get something,

Six weeks from now if we survive there would be a creditor's meeting where approval of a settlement would be requested. The outcome of that cannot be predicted.

Thats an interesting bit. Does this mean that even if Massone sells McGruther wont be able to guarantee that the club will be able to fulfill its fixtures? What then?

Thats an interesting bit. Does this mean that even if Massone sells McGruther wont be able to guarantee that the club will be able to fulfill its fixtures? What then?

Getting Massone to part with the shares is only one obstacle. It's the sanctions of the SFL I'd be more concerned about, assuming Massone does the decent thing, but even that doesn't look likely.