Livingston - all the threads merged

No problems with safety certificate. If appeal fails no game,understandable in the circumstances.

So why were Livi 5 claiming they could fulfil all games if kept in the First Division :huh: ? Additionally Livi will be in breach of further SFL rules if it cannot provide the registered ground, as required...

:wacko::lol:

So why were Livi 5 claiming they could fulfil all games if kept in the First Division :huh: ? Additionally Livi will be in breach of further SFL rules if it cannot provide the registered ground, as required...

:wacko::lol:

I don't know, there is a thread about this game/safety cert on Livilions but I got distracted by another thread where they were discussing a man's "package". :D

Ah so they have only sought leave to appeal. So Thursday's meeting has only been called to let them know if their request for leave to appeal has been granted. Right thats cleared it. Then once they have been given leave to appeal they will then appeal. It's all so simple isn't it.

Their appeal will be heard on Thursday. You know how it works.

Assume they want to play in Division 1. They were not relegated.

That's a new one. Run it by me?

Edit: Actually, don't bother.

Edited by Yoss

If you don't understand the point,

My friend a Philadelphia lawyer would be hard put to understand the complexities of the SFL rules what with leave to appeal to appeal 'n that.

On an entirely seperate matter... if Livi remain in Div 3 after Thursday, they have a home game on the Saturday. Has Almondvale got a safety certificate? If not... will you end up scratching this tie?

Oh I'm sure if it will lead to chaos and disruption of the league then I presume we will be bound to go down that route. As you say it is the Livi way is it not?

I have no idea if there has been a safety certificate issued or not or indeed what kind of things are deemed unsafe in football grounds these days. I do know that during our SPL days many grounds body searched Livi fans for taking in little polythene bags of gold foil. Apparently this was done because of health and safety concerns. :rolleyes:

Edited by jimbo

If you don't understand the point, don't go making indisputable statements like you did earlier... option [2] works fine. You submit an intention to appeal, and £500... the appeal is the meeting itself. Should the meeting fail to support the Management Committee's original decision... then the appeal is upheld. This is the interpretation of myself, Sir Calum Melville - many others, and presumably SFL.

Obviously McGruther (+ presumably the Livi 5) believe the opposite: but only a Court can judge...

On an entirely seperate matter... if Livi remain in Div 3 after Thursday, they have a home game on the Saturday. Has Almondvale got a safety certificate? If not... will you end up scratching this tie?

I thought the safety certificate was all sorted HJ?

On an entirely different matter, was speaking to one of the lads in the hotel tonight. James works in the gym here but plays for a team 3 levels below the Blue Square conference, his teams top players are on £170 per week.

So will McGruther be spending Thursday's meeting arguing over rule technicalities and insisting that relegation to the third division is too harsh a punishment, both being matters of interpretation?

It certainly sounds like those are the two drums he will be beating. Can't help but think his comments and those of McDougall etc... over the past few days coupled with their non-appearance at East Stirling will count against them heavily.

Hopefully it will all be sorted by Thursday night (but hopefully not before we get to 400 pages on here :) ).

Whatever the clubs decide, I just hope some hard and fast rules/punishments are agreed for clubs that fall into interim administration/administration or whatever. I think it's something we need.

So will McGruther be spending Thursday's meeting arguing over rule technicalities and insisting that relegation to the third division is too harsh a punishment, both being matters of interpretation?

It certainly sounds like those are the two drums he will be beating. Can't help but think his comments and those of McDougall etc... over the past few days coupled with their non-appearance at East Stirling will count against them heavily.

Hopefully it will all be sorted by Thursday night (but hopefully not before we get to 400 pages on here :) ).

Whatever the clubs decide, I just hope some hard and fast rules/punishments are agreed for clubs that fall into interim administration/administration or whatever. I think it's something we need.

Och we will get to 400 pages nae bother. I'll just issue another shortlist. :lol:

Oh..................ok. Just for you mind.

..........and the other 39 clubs lived happily ever after.

Hope I didn't disappoint. ;)

Is there another whoosh there or is someone shit at arithmetic.

I've always thought it was a bit bizarre that if a poster on pie and bovril says something outrageous (for example the 'girfuy' stuff from a few Livi fans last week) it's immediately taken as a representation of the entire support of a club.

Pie and Bovril is fantastic, and does have hunners of folk from every club, but equally there are many more who've never heard of it. How folk can change their own opinions on anything based on the reactions of internet dafties instead of sticking with their own principles is a bit strange, if you ask me.

Of course nobody did.....

Is it not to do with them being knobs or something similar?

It certainly sounds like those are the two drums he will be beating.

Funny re the drums comment. No chance of sound rules being put in place,

:huh: jokes apart, point stands: they will be as convinced they're right as McGruther is. All pettiness aside, David Longmuir & Co didn't reach their positions or build their careers by being simpletons.

So why did Longmuir state in Thursdays Daily Mail that Livi wouldn't be expected to play on Saturday if they filed for an appeal?

I think they're changing with the wind regardless of right or wrong.