Livingston - all the threads merged

Some laugh reading through this thread lol i also love the fact that MCL's team is Livingston... when was the last time you made even 1 positive comment about Livingston?

Today, in Morrison's :D

He would not expect someone from your location to understand, no matter how detailed the explanation given. :)

I have never given my location.

Fail.

You made a comment at some point insinuating that I didn't live in Edinburgh despite my username. Is being next to "deesign for life" a bit too embarassing for you?

I'll remove it if you wish.

I can't recall that.

Keep it if you want. Every post you make is spam.

Thought it was absolutely shocking to relegate us 2 Div so what's new, a points deduction in the first place when we were in the 1st Div would've been the correct punishment, why is it ok to do that in the SPL but not in the SFL!!

It isn't the same as you refusing to play, your reasons had no similarities to why Livi refused to play, were you relegated 2 Div and told to play when it would prejudice your appeal?

But now everyone is just being vindictive wanting further punishment, so can't expect any other reaction from impartial fans such as yourself. :P

No, but then neither were Livy

We've just got rid of a high earner from the wage bill, so the 3K fine is easier to swallow than a points deduction which ever way you look at it, cost us over 200K in revenue being relegated to the 3rd, think that in itself didn't do a club coming out of admin any favours for survival.

But revenue is proportionate to costs - or at least it should be in any normal, sustainable business. Again, any punishment which affects future revenue should have no, net, financial cost to any club. A direct fine, however, does.

No, they should do the same as the SPL and give a point deduction instead of demoting 2 Div, if it's good enough for the top league in Scotlandf, it should be good enough for the fizzy pop league......no?.

Maybe, but as things stand, the SFL rules has no automatic points penalty for going into admin. Maybe it should, but it doesnt, so your reference to the SPL is meaningless.

No, they should do the same as the SPL and give a point deduction instead of demoting 2 Div, if it's good enough for the top league in Scotlandf, it should be good enough for the fizzy pop league......no?.

What a strange way of wording this.

You seem to imply that the SFL is somehow better than the SPL.

Maybe, but as things stand, the SFL rules has no automatic points penalty for going into admin. Maybe it should, but it doesnt, so your reference to the SPL is meaningless.

Plus the SPL only has one division... For all we know, were the SPL to have 2 or more divisions, they might scrap 10-point deductions and follow the SFL's progressive example of flexibility / demotions...

:)

So did anyone actually confirm this story of the £3K fine? I haven't seen anything on the SFL site, the Livi site, nor the Daily Telegraph. Granted, none of those sources have ever been much good for finding accurate info as to what's going on at Almondvale - has anyone seen anything yet? Did the Management Committee meeting even take place?

I have never given my location.

Fail.

It was a generous estimate, I thought you liked them? ;)

So did anyone actually confirm this story of the £3K fine? I haven't seen anything on the SFL site, the Livi site, nor the Daily Telegraph. Granted, none of those sources have ever been much good for finding accurate info as to what's going on at Almondvale - has anyone seen anything yet? Did the Management Committee meeting even take place?

It did take place. No-one has confirmed what the hell went on at it though or what the outcome is!

Thought it was absolutely shocking to relegate us 2 Div so what's new, a points deduction in the first place when we were in the 1st Div would've been the correct punishment, why is it ok to do that in the SPL but not in the SFL!!

It isn't the same as you refusing to play, your reasons had no similarities to why Livi refused to play, were you relegated 2 Div and told to play when it would prejudice your appeal?

But now everyone is just being vindictive wanting further punishment, so can't expect any other reaction from impartial fans such as yourself. :P

Then you shouldn't have played any games until you were told for definite that you would remain in this division, which didn't happen until after about 6 games or so, also, how was your reason any better? The fact that you had been told by the SFL to play the game no matter if you appealed or not because it was too late to call games off should've been enough reason to play the game, no? Whereas we had already spent a large sum of money for the game to go ahead the first time, why should we have had to do it again with no compensation?

Add to that the fact that the crowd was signifficantly lower because it was played on a Wednesday night rather than a Saturday, we also had a lot of fans coming up from England for the first game of the season on August 8, who were left out of pocket as they'd already paid for trains and hotels and it was too late to cancel the bookings and get refunds by the time the game was called off.

The Special General Meeting of the SFL hastily convened on Thursday 13th August had already rejected the appeal. The decision to play the game against Montrose on Saturday 15th was taken because it was seen to be in the best interest of all concerned. No game was played while the appeal to the SFL was in progress.

So was it in the best interests of everyone involved for the game not to be played against us on August 8, aye?