Livingston - all the threads merged

So you admit they weren't trying to break even the last two years ?

Why are you asking me that?

Patently obv they couldn't with inherited players from Massone on 1st Div contracts. If you read Geds interview in the courier several weeks ago you'd have seen this is the first chance they've had to have a go at breaking even.

Raffaele De Vita set to join Swindon. What are your thoughts on the player?

Squad player last season, scored a few from coming on as sub, but imo has still to do it at a higher level. Looks like he'll have to play his way into being a first choice striker at Swindon, says in a local paper Di Canio is still looking to sign 2 first choice strikers.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Good move for Rafa, IMO. Shuts up all the doubters on this thread - both Livi fans, and supporters of diddy teams who wrote him off, having not watched him for 2 years. At the end of last season he was different class. When he's good - he's very good. Most improved player I've ever saw at Livingston. Gutted we signed Deuchar and let him go. The guy has talent.

Decent signing from Di Canio, IMO. At his best, he's probably too good for the SFL.

Good move for Rafa, IMO. Shuts up all the doubters on this thread - both Livi fans, and supporters of diddy teams who wrote him off, having not watched him for 2 years. At the end of last season he was different class. When he's good - he's very good. Most improved player I've ever saw at Livingston. Gutted we signed Deuchar and let him go. The guy has talent.

Decent signing from Di Canio, IMO. At his best, he's probably too good for the SFL.

LOL.

Take your head out of the sand please.

Signing Deuchar and releasing De Vita = ANOTHER monumental f**k up from Livingston Football Club.

^^^ Irony alert.

What has he done that has you drooling over him, scored a few goals from the bench at SFL 2nd Div level? :ph34r:

^^^ Irony alert.

What has he done that has you drooling over him, scored a few goals from the bench at SFL 2nd Div level? :ph34r:

So you'd rather have Deuchar than De Vita? :huh:

I think you're quite simple, LIVIFOREVER. Deuchar scored a hat-trick on his debut, apart from that he's been average - at best. Technically De Vita is the better player. He's quicker, better at controlling and dribling with the ball, better at taking it past the defenders and is FAR better at finishing. He also ended the season a lot more convincingly than Deuchar, who missed 2 one-on-one's in the last 2 games. You obviously weren't at the game in the cup away to Clyde (the one which finished 1-1, didn't get abandoned). In the last move of the game, he took the ball down from an awkward pass - fantastic control - beat 3 defenders, found himself in a brilliant position to pass the ball across the box for a tap-in, but nobody was there, so from a ridiculously tight angle tried to curl it into the net, and hit the inside of the post. Brillaint technique and control - Deuchar isn't capable of that because he's shit.Tbf, Deuchar is living off a purple patch he had at Gretna. He's been shite in his career apart from that. He played in Division 1 last season, and its clear he wasn't up to it, whereas De Vita is a vastly improved player and could have done a lot of damage at this level. Why do you think Deuchar was the better option?

Do you even watch football apart from the Livingston home games you go to?

Absolute disgrace that we let his contract run out. Really good footballer and truly a player who plays for the fans. Di Canio will help him get even better.

A player that would have undoubtedly commanded a sell-on feee in the future which makes it even more stupid that we released him.

I think you're quite simple, LIVIFOREVER. Deuchar scored a hat-trick on his debut, apart from that he's been average - at best. Technically De Vita is the better player. He's quicker, better at controlling and dribling with the ball, better at taking it past the defenders and is FAR better at finishing. He also ended the season a lot more convincingly than Deuchar, who missed 2 one-on-one's in the last 2 games. You obviously weren't at the game in the cup away to Clyde (the one which finished 1-1, didn't get abandoned). In the last move of the game, he took the ball down from an awkward pass - fantastic control - beat 3 defenders, found himself in a brilliant position to pass the ball across the box for a tap-in, but nobody was there, so from a ridiculously tight angle tried to curl it into the net, and hit the inside of the post. Brillaint technique and control - Deuchar isn't capable of that because he's shit.Tbf, Deuchar is living off a purple patch he had at Gretna. He's been shite in his career apart from that. He played in Division 1 last season, and its clear he wasn't up to it, whereas De Vita is a vastly improved player and could have done a lot of damage at this level. Why do you think Deuchar was the better option?

Brilliant post.

Brilliant post.

Thank you.

And I agree with the point you made about De Vita playing for the fans. Off the pitch he was a good sport as well, always had time to speak to the fans, or sign an autograph for my younger sister. Nice lad. Think Di Canio will get the best out of him.

Absolute disgrace that we let his contract run out. Really good footballer and truly a player who plays for the fans. Di Canio will help him get even better.

A player that would have undoubtedly commanded a sell-on feee in the future which makes it even more stupid that we released him.

Completely agree with both posts. Letting De Vita go was a huge f**k-up. He was a good player who could have improved and got on with the fans. Unlike, Duechar who is just going to get worse, which is a scary thought considering how shite he was last year. Except from his hat-trick all he done was miss chance after chance. It now means that Russell will have to score all the goals by himself. There is no doubt in my mind that De Vita would have scored more goals and a more valuable player than Deuchar will be.

It is fair to say letting De Vita go was a huge fucking mistake.

By the sounds of things he is twice the player of Iain '15 goals' Russell, so surely he must be?

First off, I rate De Vita, but he's not as good as some on here are making him out to be. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player and he seems like a pretty decent guy but Deuchar is on a fucking pittance footballing-wise compared to what I presume De Vita would have been on. I don't understand why some Livingston fans also seem to think releasing De Vita is a "monumental f**k up". For all we know, De Vita could well be wanting to try his luck elsewhere, or wasn't willing to lower his wages which he would have had to had he signed a new contract with us. Whilst I concede that from a footballing perspective, letting De Vita go and sticking with Deuchar is the wrong option, financial wise it is a no-brainer.

Patently obv they couldn't with inherited players from Massone on 1st Div contracts. If you read Geds interview in the courier several weeks ago you'd have seen this is the first chance they've had to have a go at breaking even.

Watson was signed by the new regime on a two tear full-time deal within days of everything going pear-shaped. Blaming everything on Massone didn't wash at the time and does so even less two years down the line.

How did Dundee manage to get rid of so many high earners when they went into admin, yet Livy couldnt?