Livingston - all the threads merged

I'd heard there was a development fee needed for Longridge's services, which ruled us out.

He was with Ayr before Stranraer wasn't he which would imply Stranraer paid the development fee if any - (assuming Ayr developed him and they offered him a contract before moving on)..

We should have got a development fee for Foredyce but were unable to offer him a new contract due to the embargo.

Seems as if Lucky Livi have escaped the henchmen again.... But for how long

I wonder if the ex chairman Mr Mcdougall will come back and support the new lot .....Mind you he will have to ask GN first.. Or will he sue the club for outstanding wages like he has said he will...just like GN did.... ( I thought these guys where the saviours of LFC)

Look determined to f..k the club up and everyone who is involved in it, unless it GN GM or any members of the trust.

Seems like a timewarp back 4-5 years when that lot thought they could do what they want.

Mmmmmmm

What do you think MCL

I'm not really bothered to be honest. After so long of pissing into the wind you get fed up getting soaked :)

I've lost interest to such a degree that I saw more Stirling Albion games last season than Livi's.

He was with Ayr before Stranraer wasn't he which would imply Stranraer paid the development fee if any - (assuming Ayr developed him and they offered him a contract before moving on)..

We should have got a development fee for Foredyce but were unable to offer him a new contract due to the embargo.

I'll admit I'm not sure how it works but I think as long as the player is under 23 and is offered a contract of equal/better terms then a fee is required. It may have been a very minimal fee but was just passing on what I'd heard.

As well as that you'd then be near the top of the ladder for part time players, instead of being the bottom rung of full time players.

Look at the standard that Dumbarton have brought on.

I think we've had some cracking players* at Livi recently so don't agree with you on that one. Mcnulty, Scougall, Mullen, Hippo, Keaghan, Cole, O'Brien. Although White frustrates me he was one of the top scorers in the league last season so is also a decent signing. Buchannan is also a decent signing, he'll score goal, oh and Gallagher was a cracking signing last season. Think we're doing not bad on the players we get.

Delighted with Hippo signing, the lad Longridge sounds a decent signing too, and Buchannan has always impressed me, should have a good attack on us. Just need to get some defenders in and hope Keaghan and/or Kyle sign to give us some bite in midfield.

*Feck me forgot about Beany and Tony Andreu too, yep had some outstanding players in the last few years.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I'll admit I'm not sure how it works but I think as long as the player is under 23 and is offered a contract of equal/better terms then a fee is required. It may have been a very minimal fee but was just passing on what I'd heard.

You may be right; my comments are just based on my understanding which has been flawed on more than one occasion (according to the missus anyway)

If we've lost out on Dycey's development fee the SFA should compensate us, ridiculous if their embargo screwed us over on that. See they reduced Ashley's fine to £1,000, and we got a 5K fine and a registration embargo, fecking brilliant!

Thats my understanding too

If we've lost out on Dycey's development fee the SFA should compensate us, ridiculous if their embargo screwed us over on that. See they reduced Ashley's fine to £1,000, and we got a 5K fine and a registration embargo, fecking brilliant!

Presumably, you missed out on a fee for Rutherford too, for the same reason

Where NewCo not awarded nearly £250k compensation for a player that they had released after he joined Dundee Utd?

Would suggest that all things being equal (and I appreciate we are talking about Rangers vs Everyone Else) that Livi are due compensation for Dycey irrespective of whether a deal was offered, or could be offered especially as he was first team regular?

Thats my understanding too

Presumably, you missed out on a fee for Rutherford too, for the same reason

Nope he wasn't offered a deal - he was freed as he's not good enough. Dycey would be a different case and I'm sure he'd have been given a deal as he played almost every game

Where NewCo not awarded nearly £250k compensation for a player that they had released after he joined Dundee Utd?

Would suggest that all things being equal (and I appreciate we are talking about Rangers vs Everyone Else) that Livi are due compensation for Dycey irrespective of whether a deal was offered, or could be offered especially as he was first team regular?

No. Charlie Telfer left Rangers under freedom of contract, he wasnt released and Rangers must have made him a formal written offer of terms since they were awarded compensation. United tried the old "different club" argument to avoid paying it but were told to pay up.

Jack Beaumont lads signed for cowden a believe plzz tell me he isn't another Andy Russell?? Any info welcome.. Cheers.

Never really got a run in the team, had been unlucky that we've had strong midfielders or he would've been in, every time I saw him he showed glimpses of quality, has an eye for a pass and will graft in the middle, won't do anything spectacular but will be quietly effective and will certainly do a job in that division.

For me he always looked more of a holding midfielder controlling the tempo of the game.

Good signing for you imo.

Edited by andylivi1