Livingston - all the threads merged

Innocent until proven guilty, and until his appeal has been finalised that is still the case. Declan Gallagher is the victim of bad press, especially some horrendous articles from the Daily Record. He's maintained his innocence throughout and if found innocent, is certainly a victim here. He's a fantastic player, and all Livingston players and fans who have met him say he's an absolute gentleman.

People on Pie and Bovril, twitter and tabloid journalists can stir shite and try and push Livingston to the edge all they like, but nobody at Livingston really cares, he's a Livingston player and very popular with everyone at the club. I'm pleased with the signing, and he'll get a fantastic reception from our supporters.

Some papers making the link between Gallager signing and the sponsors chucking it.

It's hardly a huge leap of faith for the press to take, is it? A blind man in a dark room could see the link.

Innocent until proven guilty, and until his appeal has been finalised that is still the case. Declan Gallagher is the victim of bad press, especially some horrendous articles from the Daily Record. He's maintained his innocence throughout and if found innocent, is certainly a victim here. He's a fantastic player, and all Livingston players and fans who have met him say he's an absolute gentleman.

People on Pie and Bovril, twitter and tabloid journalists can stir shite and try and push Livingston to the edge all they like, but nobody at Livingston really cares, he's a Livingston player and very popular with everyone at the club. I'm pleased with the signing, and he'll get a fantastic reception from our supporters.

He has admitted being part of the attack but denies using the baseball bat, so hardly innocent?

He has admitted being part of the attack but denies using the baseball bat, so hardly innocent?

The charge was for using a weapon, which he denies. As it was dark and there were numerous attackers, he's probably right, especially as he's taken it this far. Certainly the victim of some of the shite rags like the Daily Record, EEN and STV keep publishing.

The charge was for using a weapon, which he denies. As it was dark and there were numerous attackers, he's probably right, especially as he's taken it this far. Certainly the victim of some of the shite rags like the Daily Record, EEN and STV keep publishing.

Using a weapon was only part of the charge, viz "The charge states that Gallagher and Anthony Murray, while acting with others, assaulted Steven Findlay, repeatedly punched and kicked him on the head and body, knocked him to the ground and struck him on the head with a baseball bat or similar implement, all to his severe injury and danger of life." Fly wi the craws.....?

Maybe I'm missing something, but hasn't he already been found guilty? He's only at large in the community because bail's been granted pending the appeal. If bail had been refused by the court, the appeal would still be running, but he would remain in custody pending the hearing.

Some fuzzy logic there.

Using a weapon gives you a much longer sentence and the media are branding him things like a 'baseball bat thug'. We'll see after his appeal.

So you agree he has been found guilty of assault and should be in jail, your only arguing about the length of sentence? (Personally I think jailing him was pointless but I never saw the cctv that the judge and jury did)

Edited by AND180Y

I'm with the Livi fans here, it's ridiculous that any person could be considered a dangerous criminal, when they've only been found guilty of a crime once.

Unless he's been found guilty several times over, of hammering someone with a bat, he should definitely be handed a new contract and lauded with compliments and garlands.

Good work lads, I'm already looking forward to reading about your next omnishambles.

Edited by McGuigan1978

Man found guilty in court based on evidence presented. Poster on Pie and Bovril knows best though. Maybe the judge didn't realise it was dark??

He committed the alleged crime while he was a Dundee player, by all accounts his behaviour since joining livi has been excellent.

Aye he's no battered anyone in a while.

He committed the alleged crime while he was a Dundee player, by all accounts his behaviour since joining livi has been excellent.

My next door neighbour raped and murdered a woman before, but I don't worry for Mrs Ranter's safety while I'm out at work, as he did it in Inverness, not here. And he accepted a delivery for us while we were out last week, so he's a decent bloke.

Aye bud, their farts must smell of rose petals as they couldn't possibly have anything as smelly as shite up their arses with how pure they all are on here.

I'd guess that a very high percentage of people on this thread have never been tried for assault, never mind convicted. Could be wrong...but I doubt it. So aye, we're all better human beings than he is.

:unsure2: I'm sure that'll make the victim feel a lot better.

My next door neighbour raped and murdered a woman before, but I don't worry for Mrs Ranter's safety while I'm out at work, as he did it in Inverness, not here. And he accepted a delivery for us while we were out last week, so he's a decent bloke.

That's cos that's the norm down your way