Livingston - all the threads merged

29 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Apparently Ryan Hardie is on his way out of Rangers. Expected to sign for Blackpool but I'd love it if we could get him permanently.

Ooft, just as we will have someone to play alongside him 🤣

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Young forward Jack Hamilton has signed a year long loan deal with Queens, what's he like as a player? 

Really good, strong, physical, can finish. 

Kinda gutted we aren't going to be playing him in the first team this season tbh but he's going to get invaluable experience learning from Dobbie I think which has been the thing that's sealed us sending him out to you

Apparently Ryan Hardie is on his way out of Rangers. Expected to sign for Blackpool but I'd love it if we could get him permanently.
Another season up here would be good for him. Get him to buck up his ideas after some of his performances towards the end of last season. But if hes on his way to England then good luck to him.

Hardie definitely needs out of Rangers as he has no chance of establishing himself as a starter. I would be disappointed if we weren't asking the question but I imagine we would be priced out. 

Great move for Jack Hamilton. Who better to learn from than Stephen Dobbie? 

That’s a great move for Hamilton. If he can play regularly with Dobbie that’ll do wonders for his development.

Hopefully we can get Wylde out the door and free up what I imagine would be a considerable wage. He must be absolutely fucking stinking in training because he hasn’t had a look in since January, a bizarre situation all round. If you read Plymouth Argyle fans’ replies to any tweet he puts up, you’d think he was the second coming of Jesus. Says it all tbf.

Young forward Jack Hamilton has signed a year long loan deal with Queens, what's he like as a player? 
Feel like he's massively overrated by Livi fans because he's a product of our youth system. He was nowhere near premiership level last season. However, that's not to say he doesn't have potential. He has an eye for goal, definitely. The rest of his game is raw. Could really kick on this season alongside dobbie but could equally find himself on the bench for most games. For qots, it's a bit of a punt. For him, it's a brilliant opportunity. Hope he does well for you.

50 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Feel like he's massively overrated by Livi fans because he's a product of our youth system. He was nowhere near premiership level last season. However, that's not to say he doesn't have potential. He has an eye for goal, definitely. The rest of his game is raw. Could really kick on this season alongside dobbie but could equally find himself on the bench for most games. For qots, it's a bit of a punt. For him, it's a brilliant opportunity. Hope he does well for you.

Actually I thought he had a particularly strong game against St Mirren early in the season; scored a goal and had a hand in another. Think that was also Holt's first game as manager which is strange seeing as how I don't think he had another start and was sent out on loan to Alloa but unfortunately joined at the same time as they got a celtic youngster on loan so again rarely got a start.

I think the guy has bags of talent and always gives 100% unlike the overrated Ryan Hardie who is a waste of space as soon as he gets a contract extension from Sevco.

I expect he'll feature heavily given the size of our squad. The time will surely benefit him and hopefully us as well.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Did anyone see what Gregg Wylde posted on twitter before he took it down?

f**k sake, has me blocked on twitter as well. Gutted I missed whatever it was but he hasn't travelled with the squad abroad

Hope Hamilton does well at QOtS, looked a great prospect but kinda stalled last season and ended up on loan to Alloa, not getting that much game time. As has been said, looks similar to Hardie's style and is a good finisher, if he gets the chance to play at QOtS it'll hopefully bring him on to be able to play for us next season.

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

f**k sake, has me blocked on twitter as well. Gutted I missed whatever it was but he hasn't travelled with the squad abroad

Just noticed he has me blocked as well. Bizarre as I don't think I've ever even tweeted about/to him for him to know I exist :lol:

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Just noticed he has me blocked as well. Bizarre as I don't think I've ever even tweeted about/to him for him to know I exist :lol:

Think I tweeted once "Wylde is absolutely shite, hopefully we get rid of him soon" and that was enough :D 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Think I tweeted once "Wylde is absolutely shite, hopefully we get rid of him soon" and that was enough :D 

Never tweeted about him before but defended him on here, haven't seen enough of him to see why he gets such a hard time (his limited playing time being out of position for example), but there's obviously something there as the coaching staff don't rate him enough to even use him as a sub.

He can go f**k himself now, I take Twitter very seriously.

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Never tweeted about him before but defended him on here, haven't seen enough of him to see why he gets such a hard time (his limited playing time being out of position for example), but there's obviously something there as the coaching staff don't rate him enough to even use him as a sub.

He can go f**k himself now, I take Twitter very seriously.

Greg Wylde got married in June didn't he; as such I expect he got excused the "boot camp" pretty much the same way as Keaghan got excused on the birth of his child?

Last season was a bit strange with new players walking straight into the first team even if they didn't currently possess the required level of fitness. We saw it with Erskine; Lawson; Odaffin and others. I appreciate we had a problem with injuries on an already small squad by Premiership standards but really that was one way of being sure the new players didn't stand out.

I still think Wylde can come good but, having looked at how the midfield has been strengthened I wonder if he can reach the heights and, more importantly, consistency to unseat the guys ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah if you don't do the pre season training then you're effectively behind everyone else in terms of fitness, and from what I've read, you never quite catch up.

Some do - Keaghan missing mid season boot camp didn't do him any harm but for others like Dylan Mackin are lucky to get a spot with Stirling Albion

I see livvy are playing tranmere in a closed door game at st andrews on saturday.
Anyone have details as I think I'll take it in. Will presumably be on the unis astro or one of their grass parks so will not be private.