Livingston - all the threads merged

Can't say I'm too surprised at that - for all the talk about him coming back into the first team squad, this is the second season he's missed pre-season and fell down the pecking order. 

A shame he never got a run in the team, however from what he showed it looked like he lacked the pace to play for a mid/bottom half Premiership team. 

10 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Disagree that it's tougher than last season, there appeared to be a decent chance of a route through on 8 points last season. 

Even if you take the favourites winning (Aberdeen/Arbroath) as a given, that puts us up to 5th best. You're then hoping for a combination of a draw in Group H (unlikely both teams screw themselves), something really weird in the Falkirk or Hibs games tonight or Dunfermline shitting the bed at home to Alloa. Asking for a lot without some silly scoreline in our game. 

So far so good. :cheers

Hibs probably getting binned out the cup for fielding a banned player (that they didn't want to sign in the first place). Am I right in sayin that's our agent Derek helping Livi to becoming the kings of the Lothians?

11 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Harrison Clark has joined us on loan. What kind of player are we getting?

Not sure many Livi supporters will be able to give you much of an answer here. He went out on loan to Arbroath pretty much as soon as he joined us. I think he played maybe 6  to 10 games for them.

A young attacking CM apparently; definitely one for the future,

How he's playing at the moment; well you might get more info of the Arbroath fans.

11 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Harrison Clark has joined us on loan. What kind of player are we getting?

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure many Livi supporters will be able to give you much of an answer here. He went out on loan to Arbroath pretty much as soon as he joined us. I think he played maybe 6  to 10 games for them.

A young attacking CM apparently; definitely one for the future,

How he's playing at the moment; well you might get more info of the Arbroath fans.

He was at Kelty for the second half of the season so they'll have a better idea than us and possibly better than Arbroath fans too*.

*Just noticed he only actually played 3 times for Kelty so maybe not :lol:

Edited by LiviLion

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Also, Griffiths can GTF

A Certain St Mirren fan will be chafing at the bit for us to sign him.

Got to wonder if putting Hamilton out on loan to free up a wage, then talk of us bringing in a striker, and now news that Griffiths is training with us is all just coincidence.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

A Certain St Mirren fan will be chafing at the bit for us to sign him.

Got to wonder if putting Hamilton out on loan to free up a wage, then talk of us bringing in a striker, and now news that Griffiths is training with us is all just coincidence.

Started to wonder if Hamilton's injury is more serious than first thought and he requires time to recuperate something we cant do.

Edited by Durnford

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Started to wonder if Hamilton's injury is more serious than first thought and he requires time to recuperate something we cant do.

Hamilton was ok to play in next weekend's league game against Sevco, so is ok now, sure he featured in our midweek bounce game too.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale says there’s not a deal on the table for Griffiths and I’ve got no reason to doubt his word on that.

It’d be a pretty bad betrayal of the fans to then go out and sign him. 

Things can change, may have set out to just give him our facilities to get fit, but there is nothing binding in us not signing him if it suited both parties, even if it's just to January to get him in the shop window for a bigger team again. He was unfit and overweight last season,  Martindale has got him back in shape, and ready to play football again. Don't think it would be bigger a gamble that some of the strikers we've signed recently anyway, so who knows.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale says there’s not a deal on the table for Griffiths and I’ve got no reason to doubt his word on that.

It’d be a pretty bad betrayal of the fans to then go out and sign him. 

Is that the same David Martindale who said the shop was shut before trying to bring in more players and moving more out? Things in football change so rapidly. I wouldn't say it'd be a betrayal of the fans. There seems to be a decent number that would welcome Leigh back if the circumstances were right. I'm sure if he gets fit and hungry to go but has no offers then it's something Davie would look at, providing the money involved is within our constraints. We could do a lot worse than getting him in on a short term deal with a low wage and incentives to stay fit and play well.