Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

There definitely a player in there but he's either failed to adapt to the Scottish game or the speed and intensity that we expect. If he can hold down a regular slot with Raith maybe we'll see what he can do. Good luck to him.

He’s started out brightly. Subbed on at about 65’, big, physical player, good ball skills, nice vision, good intelligence and understanding of the game, and absolutely buried a shot from a tight angle. Maybe a change of locale was what was needed?

Edited by TxRover

45 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Get Obileye launched into the fucking sun

George also had a mare; very poor; kept waiting for an invitation to come for the ball.

Maybe Fitzwater was carrying an injury but he got skinned repeatedly in the second half.

Actually very few pass marks today; says something when the player of the second half was Bahamboula and he was only on for about 30 mins.

Whilst on the subject can some please inform me what Shinnie adds to the mix other than running around a lot and losing the ball?

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

George also had a mare; very poor; kept waiting for an invitation to come for the ball.

Maybe Fitzwater was carrying an injury but he got skinned repeatedly in the second half.

Actually very few pass marks today; says something when the player of the second half was Bahamboula and he was only on for about 30 mins.

Whilst on the subject can some please inform me what Shinnie adds to the mix other than running around a lot and losing the ball?

A splendid rugby tackle?

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

There definitely a player in there but he's either failed to adapt to the Scottish game or the speed and intensity that we expect. If he can hold down a regular slot with Raith maybe we'll see what he can do. Good luck to him.

Not sure how he's failed to adapt. He doesn't exactly not know the Scottish game having spent time with ourselves and then Hearts. He's always been pretty much a goal every three games striker at this level so a bit surprised it has failed so badly foe him.

That being said, Isma has always been a bit of an enigma to be fair. A guy who shows up in big games.  

I left the game today thinking WOW - we will be seeing inverness in the premier division next season. THAT is what looks like a high flying 2nd division team. I do not follow the lower leagues and I am horrified to see that they aren’t top of the league by 10+ points but are indeed SEVENTH in the 2nd division. Behind complete diddy teams like raith rovers and dundee. 

That was a horrendous result today. Davie, give them a kick in the arse. And while you’re at it let’s see El Hombre Dinero. Luiyi is a great guy and a strong commercial asset. 

Decided not to go to the game today because we (Caley) have been utterly dreadful this season. Granted, we’ve had a lot of injuries to important players however I expected you lot to pump us today.

By all accounts today was by far and away our best performance.

Ladies and gentlemen, Caley Thistle are at it again 

33 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

I left the game today thinking WOW - we will be seeing inverness in the premier division next season. THAT is what looks like a high flying 2nd division team. I do not follow the lower leagues and I am horrified to see that they aren’t top of the league by 10+ points but are indeed SEVENTH in the 2nd division. Behind complete diddy teams like raith rovers and dundee. 

That was a horrendous result today. Davie, give them a kick in the arse. And while you’re at it let’s see El Hombre Dinero. Luiyi is a great guy and a strong commercial asset. 

3 hours ago, JD and associates said:

Hello. I would like to declare myself the founding father of the Kurtis Guthrie appreciation society. 

Message ends.

JD

The sole fucking member :D Today was the final straw for me, he's hopeless.

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

He’s started out brightly. Subbed on at about 65’, big, physical player, good ball skills, nice vision, good intelligence and understanding of the game, and absolutely buried a shot from a tight angle. Maybe a change of locale was what was needed?

His athleticism was well off the required level early season and that held him back significantly. He then got some opportunities and showed flashes of ability until missing an open goal in a home match against Killie. He likely lost a psychological edge after that. A post-WC break penalty miss away to Hibs then seemed to further increase that psychological burden. If he'd scored on his debut or something, we'd probably have seen a much better player at Livi, such is the importance of the mental side of the game to strikers. That goal never came, though, unfortunately.

However, he's clearly a talented player and there's every chance he'll be a success at Raith.

20 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Get Obileye launched into the fucking sun

For me, he's a rock in the Livi penalty box but gets progressively more wobbly the farther forward or wide he gets dragged. This can be a problem if the team is trying to play a high defensive line and push the full backs forward, such as yesterday. He positioned himself wrongly for the first ICT goal, getting caught out by the lofted through pass. The killer second goal was Devlin, Fitzwater and Holt making the errors.

Only St Mirren have conceded fewer goals than us in the league this season, of the non-OF teams, and that's despite our heavy away thrashings at Hibs and Aberdeen. Yesterday the ICT finishes were perfectly placed which doesn't happen often. I think our defence and individual defenders have on the whole been excellent this season.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Still think their 2nd goal was well offside but it doesn't show you our half as the ball is kicked to see properly where our last defender is compared to their player running up the pitch, which is disappointing, one time where VAR would've been useful. Kept waiting for the twat to stick his flag up because sometimes they take an age, but it never came. Not that it would've made any difference, we could've played till the cows came home and not scored yesterday.

27 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

For me, he's a rock in the Livi penalty box but gets progressively more wobbly the farther forward or wide he gets dragged. This can be a problem if the team is trying to play a high defensive line and push the full backs forward, such as yesterday. He positioned himself wrongly for the first ICT goal, getting caught out by the lofted through pass. The killer second goal was Devlin, Fitzwater and Holt making the errors.

Only St Mirren have conceded fewer goals than us in the league this season, of the non-OF teams, and that's despite our heavy away thrashings at Hibs and Aberdeen. Yesterday the ICT finishes were perfectly placed which doesn't happen often. I think our defence and individual defenders have on the whole been excellent this season.

I do think Obileye has been looking shaky on occasions this season. He has previously been a pretty reliable goalkeeper but, with Boyes getting his chance, we now got someone to compare him with. Boyes has not only been a competant defender but is far more attacking minded that Obileye. 

When Obileye gets to ball he repeatedly looks to pass the ball to Fitzwater or George whereas Boyes tends to prefer getting the ball up the left wing. This has the effect of also relieving pressure on the defense.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

The sole fucking member :D Today was the final straw for me, he's hopeless.

As you know i'm no Guthrie fan, i've been vocal on here saying how bad he's been, however i thought that's the best i've seen him, won his first involvement after coming on, taking the ball off a Caley player in a tussle, took the ball into himself and didn't lose it the next 2 times he got involved, and won a few headers in the box. Needs to do better with them right enough and head the ball down towards the goal, but a big improvement of the other times i've watched him playing for us. Looked a lot more composed on the ball, as before he never seemed capable of bringing it into himself, or having a decent first touch taking a pass.

He's gone from completely hopeless to giving me hope he can actually start doing a job for us. Or maybe everyone else was just that pish it made him not stand out as being so bad, nah i'm giving him his due, he looked a lot better.🤣

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I’d mentioned it before, but yesterday it really stood out to me. The main issue with Obileye (and once you see it, you can’t unsee it), is that he doesn’t have a left foot. He cannot use it at all.

The amount of times he refused to just turn and give the ball down the left side, because he’s not confident using his left foot at all was embarrassing. A lot of our attacking comes down that wing with Nouble, Penrice and Montaño but Obileye cannot even make a pass with his left. He constantly cuts back inside, gives it to Shamal or Fitzwater because he can use his right to do it. When he can’t do that, he’ll half turn inside and launch it up the middle. That’s why he gets caught on the ball so much, because he’s actively trying to get off his left side and strikers know that and press him. 

For me, he should be nowhere near the left side and it’s such a glaring hole in his game that I can’t see him being a success or making it at Livi in general