Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

Presumably we’ll see Goncalves, Bitsimiou, Bahamboula and possibly Parkes/Boyes leave in the near future?

I did wonder if Guthrie getting more gametime is Martindale trying to showcase his abilities to the teams that were linked with him but it seems he may actually have a place in the side. He does seem much more comfortable with the ball played to his feet rather than in the air.

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I did wonder if Guthrie getting more gametime is Martindale trying to showcase his abilities to the teams that were linked with him but it seems he may actually have a place in the side. He does seem much more comfortable with the ball played to his feet rather than in the air.

Guthrie to score the winner against Sevco tomorrow.

7 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

There's also the boy from one of the Stans that was pictured training with us. But id imagine he's for the B team/academy.

I'd doubt it given he was about 27 :D He's playing regular first team football there too, I have a feeling it's the same agent Konovalov had so maybe trying to get his client into Europe through familiar contacts.

Lawal looks like a better pedigree than Teto actually, he's regularly played at youth world cups and progressed in them well. African Livi seems to be the theme of the summer, here's hoping it turns out well.

Was at the game - pretty poor performance from both sides. If we hadn't dropped tools after the second goal I think the damage could have been less severe. Of course Rangers' subs gave them a second wind, but all in all those last two goals were the result of a lack of heart from Livi.

What stood out like a sore thumb was how poor our corner-taking was... missed opportunities.

Glad to see those who could make it today.

20 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Pushing season tickets sales hard this last week or so on Twitter. Any update on numbers, other than we are up on last year? 

To the best of my knowledge the club have never published actual season ticket sales.Guess wel never know.Would hope we're at least through the 1k barrier, any more would be a bonus. We need the support of the local community. Alas its still something we've been trying to address for years.Shame really.🤷‍♂️.

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Some quotes from Martindale. Nothing exciting, though. Just saying no bids for Nouble and that Lawal needs fitness work before we see him regularly.

https://archive.ph/gdXRx

I do worry about Martindale talking about bids for players in the press particularly with regard to value. It really backfired with Fitzwater who's form really started to drop off when he decided a big move was just around the corner. 

Nouble doesn't appear as effective as he was at this time last season although that could be down to  number of reasons e.g. shifting, not settled, front line, playing position, injury (?) or something else. At the moment the guy doesn't really know where he'll be playing next month if you believe some of the press speculation.

With regard to Lawell; our normal strategy would have been to send him out on loan but do we really have the depth of squad this season to make that a viable option?

On Nouble, he isn't giving us his best, and is taking up a starting spot for a player that would. Martindale wont drop him because that'll make it even harder to get close to the value he wants from selling him, or even any interest in him, catch 22 really.

We're neither getting him sold for what we want, or getting the best from him to help us stay up/have a successful season, we'd be as well cutting our losses and just accepting an offer. I wouldn't be keen on selling him to a direct competitor though, because sure as shit he'd up his game again and come back to haunt us, helping them to finish above us.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

On Nouble, he isn't giving us his best, and is taking up a starting spot for a player that would. Martindale wont drop him because that'll make it even harder to get close to the value he wants from selling him, or even any interest in him, catch 22 really.

We're neither getting him sold for what we want, or getting the best from him to help us stay up/have a successful season, we'd be as well cutting our losses and just accepting an offer. I wouldn't be keen on selling him to a direct competitor though, because sure as shit he'd up his game again and come back to haunt us, helping them to finish above us.

Kind of agree; if he was on the same form as this time last year then the £1 million price tag would be cheap; in his current form, and bearing in mind that's what a lot of scouts are seeing, the offers are likely to be significantly less.

28 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I do worry about Martindale talking about bids for players in the press particularly with regard to value. It really backfired with Fitzwater who's form really started to drop off when he decided a big move was just around the corner. 

Nouble doesn't appear as effective as he was at this time last season although that could be down to  number of reasons e.g. shifting, not settled, front line, playing position, injury (?) or something else. At the moment the guy doesn't really know where he'll be playing next month if you believe some of the press speculation.

With regard to Lawell; our normal strategy would have been to send him out on loan but do we really have the depth of squad this season to make that a viable option?

Yep it all started last season and his form dipped, making it hard to sell him at the end of the season. Looking at Van Veen as a comparison, he did his talking on the pitch and had a good offer making Motherwell money, win win for them. Martindale would've been better not saying anything public last season about Nouble, and privately telling him to do the best he could for us and then see what happens in the close season. He thought he'd done enough to get a deal, but the last 10 games or so he was treading water, and interested clubs will have seen his form dipping.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep it all started last season and his form dipped, making it hard to sell him at the end of the season. Looking at Van Veen as a comparison, he did his talking on the pitch and had a good offer making Motherwell money, win win for them. Martindale would've been better not saying anything public last season about Nouble, and privately telling him to do the best he could for us and then see what happens in the close season. He thought he'd done enough to get a deal, but the last 10 games or so he was treading water, and interested clubs will have seen his form dipping.

As they say a week's a long time in football; score in a couple of games back to back and its game on. Unfortunately its all a bit meh at the moment.