Livingston - all the threads merged

12 minutes ago, Livi said:

Wake up and smell the coffee folks.  

Ward and Martindale are taking us down. Nothing from Ward in last few months. Not even a dreaded vote of confidence from the Chairman.

When did the previous chairman ever say anything in public? Its hardly like he’s bucking a trend.

2 hours ago, crispy said:

There were some pretty toxic shouts from near the home dugout. Heard a guy calling Martindale a w@nker and telling him to f*ck off.

Any mistake by a player was greeted with ‘get him off’, too. We have to play someone ffs haha

There was a coked up arsehole at the St Mirren away match last season yelling at Martindale he wanted to fight him.

These guys infuriate me as they sit there in silence the rest of the time while only C3 make any noise supporting the team.

Nouble chat is interesting around the ether. Either he’s a useless waste of space who shouldn’t be in the squad, or our down-on-his-luck superstar who’s been really hard done by and getting picked on because he’s played three or four games at RWB. 

Obviously the truth lies somewhere in between. Definitely seems to me his head was inflated with all the transfer chat which came to nothing and now, for some reason, putting in 100% every game is no longer a motivation to making a life changing transfer at the end of the season on a free. Makes me think he’s got something lined up already so he’s not arsed either way. 

59 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

When did the previous chairman ever say anything in public? Its hardly like he’s bucking a trend.

Yet he wants to turn up at a fans meeting to tell all according to the LFL post earlier. There is some irony in there.

Edited by Livi

22 minutes ago, Livi said:

Yet he wants to turn up at a fans meeting to tell all according to the LFL post earlier. There is some irony in there.

So Ward not making a statement is bad, yet offering to attend a LFL is also bad?

It sounds like the LFL needs to sort itself out before anything else, judging by the recent posts

24 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

So Ward not making a statement is bad, yet offering to attend a LFL is also bad?

It sounds like the LFL needs to sort itself out before anything else, judging by the recent posts

There was a bit tongue and cheek in there with the word "dreaded" . FS people on here will twist anything 🙃

I remember when the days when club used to hold its own fans forum if he's got something to say he could have said it when he sold the club why wait for others? 

Edited by Livi

Following on from the BBC interview I referenced earlier there's now a video interview put up from plzsoccer of Martindale again discussing Nouble where he says:

"'If you don't have anything constructive to say - don't say it'

This has infuriated me further as in recent weeks he has publicly criticised Anderson for his misses and de Lucas for his poor marking in the Celtic game. He even went as far to say that certain players weren't up for the relegated fight. It's also the same man who does nothing but scream at his players during a game and even had a recording of him straight up abusing the team at HT at Stenhousemuir in the cup released. 

Martindale has done wonders at Livi but needs to get his act together as these kind of comments will just increase the frustrations of fans and further fuel the toxicity at games. 

3 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Rumour that Anderson has signed a pre contract with us, any of you guys heard anything?

Haven’t heard anything personally but it would make sense. He’s been woefully underused the past year, but has proven himself to be capable at this level. McInnes would obviously know him for Aberdeen as well

3 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Wouldn't be unsurprising. He's a good finisher who's getting no service in our team due to Martindale's system. 

Any chance you'll offer us money to make it happen in January? 

I don’t know about money being offered in January, suppose it would depend on how much. Don’t even know if there is any substance to the story.

12 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

It's also the same man who does nothing but scream at his players during a game and even had a recording of him straight up abusing the team at HT at Stenhousemuir in the cup released. 

Spot on - I would go further and say be berates players at times.

Yet the fans are asked to rock up and sit on their hands if its not positive.

He needs to stop blaming everyone else and take full accountability and responsibility. He has a total free hand at Livi (compared to many other clubs)  in terms of players, training, tactics & team shape. 

The buck stops with 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Tad early for the pre contract talks surely? But never know. It’ll be some laugh when we lose penrice and anderson in January anyway

Players out of contract at the end of June can open talks with other clubs around about now so if Killie were keen and spoke to his agent before now then it could all get done pretty quickly. 

But aye I thought it was weird Martindale only tried to sell Nouble in the summer when we've got half a squad out of contract next summer. 

I know last nights game was probably one of your lower crowds of the season but it really dawned on me how big a challenge you’ve got budget wise due to the crowds.

Of course I am using a rough figure here and of course season tickets affect this but I would estimate that Kilmarnock probably “earn” between £75k-£100k per game if you take a rough estimate of 5000 people x £20 a ticket.

Livingston probably averaging £25k-£30k per game. 

It’s actually a miracle that you survive in the league at all.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I know last nights game was probably one of your lower crowds of the season but it really dawned on me how big a challenge you’ve got budget wise due to the crowds.

Of course I am using a rough figure here and of course season tickets affect this but I would estimate that Kilmarnock probably “earn” between £75k-£100k per game if you take a rough estimate of 5000 people x £20 a ticket.

Livingston probably averaging £25k-£30k per game. 

It’s actually a miracle that you survive in the league at all.

You'd have to work out the average for the season, it'll be bumped up a good bit playing the erse cheeks, where they get three quarters of the stadium, and Hearts & Hibs bring decent sized crowds too. Think our average is between 4-5,000.