Livingston - all the threads merged

33 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

The club was told by Lord Braid that they had a kernel of a case. Is that being pursued? Lord Braids judgement was in relation to the clubs pleadings and their request for another opportunity to vary them. THATS what he rejected. Yet why is it being peddled everywhere that Hogarth actually won his case? Has he? 

I think given they presented / put forward such a bad case with constant changes that they are alao paying Hogarth's legal fees as well as their own.  If you have a case you define it and charge forward - why didn't they just do that? 

The current regime hasn't really engaged much to the fans over the last few years at least so highly unlikely to given the court cases. I remember when there used to be club fans forums. I accept they might not rock up and spill all but fans would at least be given an opportunity to ask searching questions.

I am sure we all hear snippets from various sources so you have to be cautious on how you talk about it as it might actually be a load of sh!te but given club history i'd rather put that on the table than just keep it. 

i would be a good day if we were to get honesty and transparency from the club and i also accept that also lacks alot at many clubs 

On 05/01/2024 at 09:15, CharlieWhisky said:

Inverness probably pay better than we do, he might be better off trying to get a deal there for next season if they avoid relegation.

Not a good look for him if both Livi and Inverness went down

Scored a double today. Good player with potential for further improvement who'd have been ideally suited to left centre back in a three. It was a poor decision to squeeze him out last summer.

One issue at the moment is the lack of a functioning Supporters Trust.

They do a lot to support the club amongst themselves, and own a fairly large number of shares, however seem adverse to promoting themselves. The fact they don’t have a functioning website, sign up sheets have to be printed off and handed in to a location that changes, and they still haven’t arranged a meeting despite making a number of online posts about the upcoming cases is frustrating.

Edited by The Wrong Car

13 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

With respect Mozam 76.When has your run of the mill Livi supporter ever heard of the day to day going on at the club over the last 25 years or so.Id suggest minimal at best.But the last 6 months has been excruciating to say in the least.Agree with your current sentiments. Albeit with such a with respect a small band who continue to say things can only get better,I worry for us.Look at Falkirk, Dunfermline Partick etc.Theve all got the backing supporters wise,we haven't. And that will continue until West Lothian once again backs their team. We will continue to follow our team regardless of where we are.Sorry my pens just run out.🦁🦁🦁.

You are, of course, correct. I’m naively pursuing a panacea by hoping for the whole S.P in relation to what goes on and has gone on in the past. I just merely wanted to demonstrate that there are fans who do want to discuss the more anodyne behind the scenes stuff as much as the current form of the team. 

I agree with everything you say. Here hoping for far better days ahead pal. 

3 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

One issue at the moment is the lack of a functioning Supporters Trust.

They do a lot to support the club amongst themselves, and own a fairly large number of shares, however seem adverse to promoting themselves. The fact they don’t have a functioning website, sign up sheets have to be printed off and handed in to a location that changes, and they still haven’t arranged a meeting despite making a number of online posts about the upcoming cases.

I would agree with that. 

There is a lot of apathy with Livingston FC supporters. 

A good functioning Supporters Trust should be aligned to the club in the good and not so good times. They should be the voice of the fans and thats been missing for years holding the club to account where thats needed.

As you say they give the club a-lot of goodwill today. During the early days post Massone period the club paid the trust with shares for their labour (turnstiles etc) Wonder if thats still the case?

Just now, Livi said:

I would agree with that. 

A good functioning Supporters Trust should be aligned to the club in the good and not so good times. They should be the voice of the fans and thats been missing for years holding the club to account where thats needed.

As you say they give the club a-lot of goodwill today. During the early days post Massone period the club paid the trust with shares for their labour (turnstiles etc) Wonder if thats still the case?

I think the Trust got dragged into the Nixon/McDougall issues too much. 

It didn’t help that there was a Trust Director on the board when we decided to sack a double promotion-winning manager to let Hughes and Collins have a go at running a club, or the fact the same director subsequently left the board and starting making statements about being a former Livi fan. Not an ideal candidate for fan representation.

13 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I think the Trust got dragged into the Nixon/McDougall issues too much. 

It didn’t help that there was a Trust Director on the board when we decided to sack a double promotion-winning manager to let Hughes and Collins have a go at running a club, or the fact the same director subsequently left the board and starting making statements about being a former Livi fan. Not an ideal candidate for fan representation.

That's Roger. Although calling him Neil is more fun.

Edited by Freedom Farter

20 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

In relation to what’s going on just now? I’d LOVE to know more. I’d love to know more though, from the club first of all and from anyone else involved. McIlvogue, Hogarth, whoever. Not through faceless accounts on a football forum. I’d love the club to explain what’s going on with McIlvogue, why his ownership hasn’t been ratified etc. I’d love something from the club in relation to the Hogarth case. The club was told by Lord Braid that they had a kernel of a case. Is that being pursued? Lord Braids judgement was in relation to the clubs pleadings and their request for another opportunity to vary them. THATS what he rejected. Yet why is it being peddled everywhere that Hogarth actually won his case? Has he? 

If you really want to know, it’s pretty easy to contact those involved;

Ward at the club, Hogarth at Braidwood, and Mcilvogue at… good luck getting in touch with him.

The club’s silence on all of what’s been going on speaks volumes, in my opinion. 

Nonetheless, I hear Ward will be at the next Livi Trust meeting to explain what’s been going on over the past few years, so maybe you should think of attending that (date pending)

As things stand, the decision made upstairs to pursue Hogarth has cost the club an eye watering sum of money: 2 years of lawyers and Queen’s / King’s Counsel fees, plus the large portion of Hogarth’s fees to pay too. 

21 minutes ago, Livi said:

I think given they presented / put forward such a bad case with constant changes that they are alao paying Hogarth's legal fees as well as their own.  If you have a case you define it and charge forward - why didn't they just do that? 

When was the hearing deciding whether the club paid Hogarth’s expenses?

2 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

If you really want to know, it’s pretty easy to contact those involved;

Ward at the club, Hogarth at Braidwood, and Mcilvogue at… good luck getting in touch with him.

The club’s silence on all of what’s been going on speaks volumes, in my opinion. 

Nonetheless, I hear Ward will be at the next Livi Trust meeting to explain what’s been going on over the past few years, so maybe you should think of attending that (date pending)

As things stand, the decision made upstairs to pursue Hogarth has cost the club an eye watering sum of money: 2 years of lawyers and Queen’s / King’s Counsel fees, plus the large portion of Hogarth’s fees to pay too. 

Your sanctimony is breathtaking. In relation to the Trust meeting, I will be there, current health dependent. Ward said himself on Facebook that he would be attending, so why come across all “peace in our time” as if you’re spreading some more gossip?

5 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Your sanctimony is breathtaking. In relation to the Trust meeting, I will be there, current health dependent. Ward said himself on Facebook that he would be attending, so why come across all “peace in our time” as if you’re spreading some more gossip?

Oh it wouldn’t be a mozam reply if it wasn’t some kind of condescending scold!

😴😴😴

16 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

You are, of course, correct. I’m naively pursuing a panacea by hoping for the whole S.P in relation to what goes on and has gone on in the past. I just merely wanted to demonstrate that there are fans who do want to discuss the more anodyne behind the scenes stuff as much as the current form of the team. 

I agree with everything you say. Here hoping for far better days ahead pal. 

I think Don has been as clear as he could be. The Trust, and its machinations, as it has been over the last while is probably not fit for purpose. Starting afresh with a new organisation with fresh blood would probably make sense, but I would imagine isn’t possible, especially if it is still a shareholder and has legal obligations to Supporters Direct etc.?

14 minutes ago, Livi said:

I would agree with that. 

The amount of bridges that were burnt because of the Massone episode was startling. I’m not convinced our fan base ever recovered. The levels of opposition shown by sets of supporters who were against/behind him, was as vehemently fought as any match I’ve ever seen on the pitch at Almondvale. 

It’s probably one of the reasons why our support is so apathetic, which isn’t a criticism at all. 

2 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Oh it wouldn’t be a mozam reply if it wasn’t some kind of condescending scold!

😴😴😴

Only those who are worthy of it, and YOU make it so fucking easy. 

30 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

The amount of bridges that were burnt because of the Massone episode was startling. I’m not convinced our fan base ever recovered. The levels of opposition shown by sets of supporters who were against/behind him, was as vehemently fought as any match I’ve ever seen on the pitch at Almondvale. 

I

I feel the same is happening again sadly.

The ownership / running of the club is so fragmented and the off field challenges / court cases can't be helping the players.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Donald pretending he's not Donald.

You paranoid? 

On 04/01/2024 at 12:10, Freedom Farter said:

Are you Neil Hogarth's pet rat?

sure your not paranoid?

You accuse others (me) with little evidence on here yet the irony is you throw accusations about left, right and centre.

The point is its a discussion board not an evidence board. You can take my comments like a pinch of salt like I take your accusations. 👍

You have to wonder why the Trust haven’t updated their website for several years, and it’s a shame it took until now, when they’re inferring things at the club are close to catastrophic, for them to ask for help. I imagine that those on the board are probably a little embarrassed they’ve let it get to this stage, and I think they are showing a bit of character by admitting they need help and fronting it up. Better late than never? 

12 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

You have to wonder why the Trust haven’t updated their website for several years, and it’s a shame it took until now, when they’re inferring things at the club are close to catastrophic, for them to ask for help. I imagine that those on the board are probably a little embarrassed they’ve let it get to this stage, and I think they are showing a bit of character by admitting they need help and fronting it up. Better late than never? 

I think they have said they are concerned although they are not the fastest in terms of getting the fans together albeit they have said why that is.

Edited by Livi