Livingston - all the threads merged

On 05/01/2024 at 20:09, Livi said:

I have said this before Livi needs a refresh and bringing a new manager is a risk but it is also an opportunity and given recent performances and rumoured player unrest now is the time for change. It wont happen as then1 guy who makes all the decisions is the same guy that should be sacked.

I’d argue that on average recent performances (first half at Motherwell aside) have been as good as they have been for months. Statements from opposition managers would suggest we’ve provided decent opposition recently. I’m assuming you mean performances have been much less than decent but I’m happy to be corrected.

A half decade flirting with the top 6 and a cup final suggest some cohesion within the club.

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

You have to wonder why the Trust haven’t updated their website for several years, and it’s a shame it took until now, when they’re inferring things at the club are close to catastrophic, for them to ask for help. I imagine that those on the board are probably a little embarrassed they’ve let it get to this stage, and I think they are showing a bit of character by admitting they need help and fronting it up. Better late than never? 

I’m not sure they should feel embarrassed. By their own admission none of the people in positions of responsibility are particularly tech savvy so new(ish) methods of keeping people updated have possibly passed them by. Age, health reasons, they have also been given as reasons for why things have possibly fallen away. 

We have, since the days of Massone, increased our fan base and perhaps, more importantly, we probably have a younger demographic that could possibly get involved now. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, Fife Livi said:

Good player on his day, we have unfortunately not had our moneys worth due to injuries. Hopefully there is a fee involved?

Getting him off the wage bill without paying his contract off would be a success in itself.

3 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

They do a lot to support the club amongst themselves, and own a fairly large number of shares, however seem adverse to promoting themselves. 

Agree with this 100%. The volunteers at the Trust appear to have put in a lot of effort over the last 13 years since the Massone fiasco but have achieved very little in terms of building their profile, despite their number of shares increasing. 

The dissolution of the old LiviLions forum probably didn't help things (can't remember the exact timing on that) but I find it difficult to be sympathetic on there not being 'new blood' given their communication over that time period. When you compare to the likes of the Falkirk supporters organisations (I appreciate they have larger numbers), it has been limited and not very accessible.

Why the main channel of discussion for supporters is a private facebook group is beyond me. Can the SLO perhaps push to get an official club message board accessible via the club website? I'm not sure of the costs involved but I would think the engagement gained would be well worth it.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

31 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agree with this 100%. The volunteers at the Trust appear to have put in a lot of effort over the last 13 years since the Massone fiasco but have achieved very little in terms of building their profile, despite their number of shares increasing. 

The dissolution of the old LiviLions forum probably didn't help things (can't remember the exact timing on that) but I find it difficult to be sympathetic on there not being 'new blood' given their communication over that time period. When you compare to the likes of the Falkirk supporters organisations (I appreciate they have larger numbers), it has been limited and not very accessible.

Why the main channel of discussion for supporters is a private facebook group is beyond me. Can the SLO perhaps push to get an official club message board accessible via the club website? I'm not sure of the costs involved but I would think the engagement gained would be well worth it.

Think the Livi Room is still going. The Lions Den is still there but only really used by the supporters football team 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

You paranoid? 

sure your not paranoid?

You accuse others (me) with little evidence on here yet the irony is you throw accusations about left, right and centre.

The point is its a discussion board not an evidence board. You can take my comments like a pinch of salt like I take your accusations. 👍

No, just going on what I was told, that you're Donald Paul and Roger is David Stoker. Pinch of salt, sure, nothing commented here by any account has much consequence.

The trust membership are great but the trust bigwigs are a problem. That they won't hear a bad word about the McDougall era highlights this. Financial management was very poor then, debt was higher than it is now, there was even the embargo on player signings at one point. Gary Bollan was randomly sacked. Gareth Evans was randomly sacked. It was a turbulent time that left many fans disillusioned. The Trust had their seat on the board, though, so they look back on it as the glory days. 

The fallout from Massone was mentioned above. We're seeing now how Donald and chums learned nothing from it. There's zero transparency from them. They don't tell other fans what they know but instead just insist they're Batman and they're here to save the day. They've already started their "happy clappers" shite, a staple of the Massone era and the best way to divide the fanbase at precisely the worst time to do so. 

I do agree that if the Trust's existing framework is good then it should be utilised, just with the current bigwigs cleared out and new folk taking the reigns. 

12 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

No, just going on what I was told, that you're Donald Paul and Roger is David Stoker. Pinch of salt, sure, nothing commented here by any account has much consequence. 

I don't quite get the fixation around trying to work out who is who on this board. I appreciate we are a small support, but there is no need to throw names about for the sake of it. 

12 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

The trust membership are great but the trust bigwigs are a problem. That they won't hear a bad word about the McDougall era highlights this. Financial management was very poor then, debt was higher than it is now, there was even the embargo on player signings at one point. Gary Bollan was randomly sacked. Gareth Evans was randomly sacked. It was a turbulent time that left many fans disillusioned. The Trust had their seat on the board, though, so they look back on it as the glory days. 

I don't think the Trust has any bigwigs as it stands today. They have come out and said they will stand aside (hope they keep that promise) and let some new blood take over with some nee energy. Let the Trust be the force it was first time round.

The trust needs to find the right balance between working with the club but also holding them account in terms of ensuring they are looking after the club in the best way possible and when not calling that out.

whatever side of the fence you stand today the club is not in great shape even Ward has said as much and to compound this there is an ownership fight in the background which adds pressure to the whole situation. That ownership challenge is not just 2 people it's multiple people / fractions.   The trust has a massive part to play in terms of communication across these people/fractions if it truly wants to be the representation of the fans.

The quicker the meeting happens the quicker the trust can re-emerge and stand up and play their part in helping unite the fanbase.

It really is time for action not muting certain users because you think they have an agenda but I guess each to their own.

13 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Would be absolutely astounded if you were right about Dave Stoker. We used to cross swords regularly on the Rivals boards and often disagreed but I always found him fastidious about his diction and very particular about his facts; I believe he was also the editor for the match-day programme during the Keane years. RTCB is certainly not particularly worried about diction. Even the pedophiliac nature of RTCB handle is most un-stoker like.

At the time I believe DS was on friendly terms with Nixon although I'm not sure That continued after the troubles started.

Winter break was nicely timed, our run of home games this month would've been hit with this cold snap.

Anyone any info on when the team is out in Turkey, and on any trialists we're looking at, usually have a friendly/bounce game before going on our training camp, where photos get put up. And we can all play name the trialists.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Anyone any info on when the team is out in Turkey, and on any trialists we're looking at, usually have a friendly/bounce game before going on our training camp, where photos get put up. And we can all play name the trialists.

Google suggests we are playing a Swiss team 'Winterthur' next Thursday.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Winter break was nicely timed, our run of home games this month would've been hit with this cold snap.

Believe they are away over on Tuesday, and the Winterthur game is Thursday 11am.

17 hours ago, Livi said:

I don't quite get the fixation around trying to work out who is who on this board. I appreciate we are a small support, but there is no need to throw names about for the sake of it. 

I don't think the Trust has any bigwigs as it stands today. They have come out and said they will stand aside (hope they keep that promise) and let some new blood take over with some nee energy. Let the Trust be the force it was first time round.

The trust needs to find the right balance between working with the club but also holding them account in terms of ensuring they are looking after the club in the best way possible and when not calling that out.

whatever side of the fence you stand today the club is not in great shape even Ward has said as much and to compound this there is an ownership fight in the background which adds pressure to the whole situation. That ownership challenge is not just 2 people it's multiple people / fractions.   The trust has a massive part to play in terms of communication across these people/fractions if it truly wants to be the representation of the fans.

The quicker the meeting happens the quicker the trust can re-emerge and stand up and play their part in helping unite the fanbase.

It really is time for action not muting certain users because you think they have an agenda but I guess each to their own.

There isn't a fence between supporters. There aren't the dastardly happy clappers on one side then the good guys on the other. This isn't 2009 again. 

Club supporters don't have information beyond what is publicly available. From that, its clear that Ward has badly mismanaged the finances since his return two years ago. That has turned what was already a difficult situation into a critical one. Nobody anywhere denies this. What to do about it is where supporters are yet to decide.

Why folk are wary of the Trust is your record. The staunch support of Hogarth hasn't been about prioritising the good of the club. The denial over the MacDougall era mismanagement doesn't look great either. There was a 5 point deduction for the team on the park due to undeclared bonus payments to players in 2010-11. The Trust had their Fan on the Board present throughout that.

Learn from the Massone era. Don't decry half the fanbase as happy clapper enemies just because they haven't instantly fallen in line. If you have privileged access to information which they do not then understand you will first need to share that information to give those folk the opportunity to get on board.

Edited by Freedom Farter