Livingston - all the threads merged

Never went(again),as finding it tough to show up week after week and watch that.

County on Tues nite is last chance saloon.

Anything less than 3pts and the club needs to start planning for next season in the championship. 

Edited by Dav nan Gael

4 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Never went(again),as finding it tough to show up week after week and watch that.

County on Tues nite is last chance saloon.

Anything less than 3pts and the club needs to start planning for next season in the championship. 

Dude, we were the best team on the park yesterday. The 6 mid/attackers were all really good and trying hard.

Just the back 4 was absolutely shocking. Even Penners had a poor game.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Dude, we were the best team on the park yesterday. The 6 mid/attackers were all really good and trying hard.

:lol:

When you're applauding players for 'trying hard' you really are in the shit.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

When you're applauding players for 'trying hard' you really are in the shit.

Oh, I'm not deluded enough to say that we should have won. But we definitely played better football than Dundee for most of the game.

Our defence has been poor all season.

Dundee's defence though was the epitome of a brick wall yesterday. Shaugnessy was absolutely solid and blocked everything in his way. Was actually good to watch some decent defending for a change 😂

Thought Donnelan was ok, but he didn't offer the same attacking threat Brandon does. 

Our defending is absolutely killing us, we aren't scoring enough goals but conceding goals like yesterday isn't going to give us any chance in games.  Not having a settled defence and keeper at this stage of the season isn't helping, the first goal was because our defence didn't trust our keeper and took the wrong decision to try and clear the ball. If we recalled Boyes we'd at least have a player that's used to playing in that particular position, and has also played some games there for Livi, he really can't be any worse than Nottingham and Devlin.  

41 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought Donnelan was ok, but he didn't offer the same attacking threat Brandon does. 

Our defending is absolutely killing us, we aren't scoring enough goals but conceding goals like yesterday isn't going to give us any chance in games.  Not having a settled defence and keeper at this stage of the season isn't helping, the first goal was because our defence didn't trust our keeper and took the wrong decision to try and clear the ball. If we recalled Boyes we'd at least have a player that's used to playing in that particular position, and has also played some games there for Livi, he really can't be any worse than Nottingham and Devlin.  

I agree that our defence is unsettled but think it's unfair to say they didn't trust the keeper for the first goal as I'm not sure what you wanted from the GK in that situation.

Dundee build nicely and play a good ball in behind. Penrice has to get to it first or Dundee player is getting a shot off. Penrice can put the ball just about anywhere and really should have blasted it straight out the stadium in any direction but instead he played it straight to a Dundee player. 

It was an individual mistake and not much more to it in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I agree that our defence is unsettled but think it's unfair to say they didn't trust the keeper for the first goal as I'm not sure what you wanted from the GK in that situation.

Dundee build nicely and play a good ball in behind. Penrice has to get to it first or Dundee player is getting a shot off. Penrice can put the ball just about anywhere and really should have blasted it straight out the stadium in any direction but instead he played it straight to a Dundee player. 

It was an individual mistake and not much more to it in my opinion. 

Not watched the highlights (not that masochistic to inflict that pain on myself twice) but at the game it looked like the keeper was getting it if they let the ball run through, but a defender tried to hook it away, and ended up going to a Dundee player to build up the move to get a shot at goal and scored.

Later on Holt got tackled by another Livi player when he was carrying the ball across midfield and it broke to a Dundee player to set up an attack too right enough, so wasn't just in defence we looked like we had never played together before. Defence is the main problem though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

42 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Later on Holt got tackled by another Livi player when he was carrying the ball across midfield and it broke to a Dundee player to set up an attack 

Yep , I'm sure it was Nottingham who stuck his boot in when Holt had control

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Generally, keepers aren't swapped in and out like outfield players are so that's probably McGovern considered first choice now. Bad start but we know he's a good keeper. Hopefully he does better on Tuesday.

Shamal has been struggling with an ankle knock so it could be down to that

8 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Just the back 4 was absolutely shocking. Even Penners had a poor game.

Agree with this. I could see people pointing the finger at Martindale for signing Notts (and therefore any individual error he makes Martindale is seemingly culpable for…) but even Penners made an individual mistake. I’m not convinced the Dundee player is even reaching that ball.

i don’t think Dundee has to do anything other than be competent when Livi players passes the ball to their forwards twice within 20-odd yards from goal.

Third goal is a two-handed push on Penrice and the game is done. The 4th is the only decent goal at which point we are too heavy with attackers. 

Crazy to think that 3 of Dundee’s 6 wins this season have been against us and yet I don’t think their is much between the teams bar some clown like defending. 

County game going to be very stressful haha

I actually think that is a better interview than most recently. He is being accountable and showing that he is not giving up. I'd rather he stepped aside but at least there is a bit of fire in his belly. 

As long as he realises that fans want to see us go down fighting and that means taking risks and trying to create chances while obviously not throwing away stupid goals. We played well in large parts against Dundee. A win against Ross County and you never know what can happen. 

Adams, also seems determined, much like Davie, to make rash statements to the detriment of his side. If Davie can discuss the hunger to fight off relegation rather than finances then there may be a chance to get these players into the play-off spot.

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Dear oh dear.........what a car crash of an interview!!

I actually find it reassuring 😅

It sounds calm. All I think he can do is continue to work hard. Some defensive shitshows are undermining the fact that we are offering more in forward areas.

If the club don’t want him as manager then they should ask him to step aside.

1 minute ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

I actually think that is a better interview than most recently. He is being accountable and showing that he is not giving up. I'd rather he stepped aside but at least there is a bit of fire in his belly. 

As long as he realises that fans want to see us go down fighting and that means taking risks and trying to create chances while obviously not throwing away stupid goals. We played well in large parts against Dundee. A win against Ross County and you never know what can happen. 

Adams, also seems determined, much like Davie, to make rash statements to the detriment of his side. If Davie can discuss the hunger to fight off relegation rather than finances then there may be a chance to get these players into the play-off spot.

Agree with this 👍

I see Davie has been pretty scathing in how Exeter "wasted his time" with Nouble's transfer being off. I'll admit to not having a clue how negotiations between clubs tend to go, but is that not going to make them (and possibly other clubs) think twice before wanting to deal with us in future?

I'm sure I'm just overthinking it and it happens more often than I realise, but my pettiness would have me telling him to bolt if he came enquiring about a player in the future.

Tonight is massive,lose and there's no way back,its the championship for 24/25.

Agree with some,don't see the point of him leaving as it stands just now.

Summer however different ball game surely  !!!

Thought Davie's interview was okay but there still something about the players' body language that I'm not comfortable with.

On Saturday we saw numerous examples where players lost the ball but then failed to chase it down and harry the opposition. That use to be our hallmark; never give the opposition a minutes peace.

Tactics etc, are all very well but, at the moment, we need the player to be prepared to play out of their skin. I'm probably wrong but I have a fear that some of them are looking not to get injured in case it nobbles their chance of a move to another club.