Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

We've had two similar games, Motherwell on their big run without a win and Theo Bair violated us. Think we were down 3-1 by HT. Then we have Ross County away, 2-0 down 30 minutes in and throw it away after getting it back to 2-2. The squad has no nerves at all.

I can think, in the last two games alone, 5 or 6 clear cut chances we've given away. 3 of them have been putting an opponent in 1 on 1 with Shamal.

Again, youre underestimating how negative we are. This was us against St Mirren, and includes the last 15 minutes where they just stopped playing and let us up the park as they knew we wouldnt hurt them.

Screenshot_20240224_174450_Chrome.thumb.jpg.33b51c8e845b48f9a3e9d1efa7523e8e.jpg

We dont have anyone high enough up the park to take advantage of mistakes.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

And to add to this, shoehorning players like Sangare in at LB isn't helping either. Players out of position and the only urgency we have is when we're two down

We played a entirely left footed player at RWB through choice v St Mirren. Nicky Clark played in central midfield. We regularly play Carey as the deepest midfielder.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Again, youre underestimating how negative we are. This was us against St Mirren, and includes the last 15 minutes where they just stopped playing and let us up the park as they knew we wouldnt hurt them.

Screenshot_20240224_174450_Chrome.thumb.jpg.33b51c8e845b48f9a3e9d1efa7523e8e.jpg

We dont have anyone high enough up the park to take advantage of mistakes.

We played a entirely left footed player at RWB through choice v St Mirren. Nicky Clark played in central midfield. We regularly play Carey as the deepest midfielder.

Seems like the kind of setup that we have no answers for to be fair, sit and have no idea how to break it down when you sit deep. I've already got nightmares of Clark just eating Nottingham and Obileye alive with their clumsiness at the back

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seems like the kind of setup that we have no answers for to be fair, sit and have no idea how to break it down when you sit deep. I've already got nightmares of Clark just eating Nottingham and Obileye alive with their clumsiness at the back

Clark was in midfield, hea forced to as we dont get strikers on the ball unless theyre chasing hoofs.

We arent even compact when we sit in. Conceded 3 goals in the last 2 games because the midfield full of ball watchers while the defence just automatically drops into the box, means we have 11 players in our half, and also a ~10 yard gap between the defence and midfield around our own box.

Literally the same issues we've had for 2 years and exactly the same as last time you destroyed us at McDiarmid. 

Is this an argument of who's the most shite, think we're winning, we're sitting bottom of the table, 6pts off the 11th placed team. Never even considered us getting above St Johnstone, but if we beat them on Saturday i may get my hopes up. Damn you to hell RandomGuy if this is a cruel joke you're playing on us.

5 hours ago, tam the bud said:

So do i if he thinks he still got a game against St Mirren this season   😇

My bad - obviously I meant County

PS. I thought about trying to argue that we could have met St Mirren in the cup but see they got knocked out by Celtic in the last round?

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is this an argument of who's the most shite, think we're winning, we're sitting bottom of the table, 6pts off the 11th placed team. Never even considered us getting above St Johnstone, but if we beat them on Saturday i may get my hopes up. Damn you to hell RandomGuy if this is a cruel joke you're playing on us.

The only difference between is we got a new manager bounce while you didnt.

Posts been put up on our form showing that a loss against Aberdeen on Wednesday means Leveins first 19 games in charge has seen us pick up less points than MacLeans.

Dont believe any of the shite, generic, pish that goes about claiming we're well drilled/hard to beat etc., its just lazy reporting based on what they assume a Levein side is.

16 hours ago, Durnford said:

I don't want to be overly harsh but at times it really was amateur hour out there defensively. For the first two goals Brophy was left with acres of space despite already being tagged as one of County's main goal threats. For the third goal it seemed about two thirds of the team were over the left side of the field which left Sims on the right with only an attacking midfielder (Mackay)  as cover.

First goal was an individual error by Sangare. Second goal was a result of tactics. Sangare gets told to tuck in next to Obileye which left Brophy with that space. It was a reasonable risk to take as 9 times out of 10 he wouldn't have accurately fired his shot into the only available area of the goal but this was the tenth time in ten.

The same changes that gave us our equaliser also cost us the third County goal. We'd removed our attacking mid and right back to get another couple of centre forwards on. Nouble and MacKay maintained attacking width, stretching out County's back line so our centre forwards could find more space. The three of them all combined for the equaliser. Following the equaliser, County started pressing again. Anderson was staying high with Guthrie dropping off centrally. You don't want Guthrie receiving the ball to his feet, back to goal in that area while being pressed. Yengi then didn't tuck back in to centre mid after possession was lost, the way an attacking mid would've done. With no right back, MacKay was covering that area and he's weak defensively.

Edited by Freedom Farter

7 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

First goal was an individual error by Sangare. Second goal was a result of tactics. Sangare gets told to tuck in next to Obileye which left Brophy with that space. It was a reasonable risk to take as 9 times out of 10 he wouldn't have accurately fired his shot into the only available area of the goal but this was the tenth time in ten.

The same changes that gave us our equaliser also cost us the third County goal. We'd removed our attacking mid and right back to get another couple of centre forwards on. Nouble and MacKay maintained attacking width, stretching out County's back line so our centre forwards could find more space. The three of them all combined for the equaliser. Following the equaliser, County started pressing again. Anderson was staying high with Guthrie dropping off centrally. You don't want Guthrie receiving the ball to his feet, back to goal in that area while being pressed. Yengi then didn't tuck back in to centre mid after possession was lost, the way an attacking mid would've done. With no right back, MacKay was covering that area and he's weak defensively.

Could've just fouled their player and taken a booking, we had at least 2 chances to stop them getting near our box. It's the same poor game management as last season when we're a goal up at Tynecastle and Nouble goes into the box instead of over to the corner flag in injury time, and we end up losing a goal a couple of seconds before FT. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

No idea what the point of this video is at all, a video titled "CEO Update" you'd probably expect there to be some form of chat about something going on behind the scenes - what's going on with the takeover, if he's able to talk about the upcoming/ongoing court cases, anything about the past court case, what's going on with the manager's contract, etc etc etc.

Instead all they do is talk about the Partick and St Mirren games (it was filmed before KO on Saturday) and the Celtic cup game coming up, and a wee bit about the women's team. The kind of shite you expect from a manager's interview, even talking about the playing budget; just nothing more in-depth than what we get from DM every week. Basically a conversation you'd get from a couple of pundits rather than an interview with the club's CEO.

Maybe I'm just grumpy on a Monday, but that just felt like a waste of time and I'm actually annoyed that they've put that out :lol:

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Could've just fouled their player and taken a booking, we had at least 2 chances to stop them getting near our box. It's the same poor game management as last season when we're a goal up at Tynecastle and Nouble goes into the box instead of over to the corner flag in injury time, and we end up losing a goal a couple of seconds before FT. 

Fouling is an option but that can backfire as it gives the opposition the chance to put everyone in your box and float in the free kick. If you remember the 1-1 home draw with St Mirren very early in the season when Brandon fouled then Nahmani headed in from the free kick. 

Edited by Freedom Farter

3 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Fouling is an option but that can backfire as it gives the opposition the chance to put everyone in your box and float in the free kick. If you remember the 1-1 home draw with St Mirren very early in the season when Brandon fouled then Gogic headed in from the free kick. 

You at least have everyone back defending and we had dealt pretty well with high balls into our box the last game, and this one. Guthrie lost the ball, he should've been the one to take the booking and just took their player down, Ayo also had the chance when he came sliding in, just make sure he takes the player out and gets a yellow card. Holt is pretty cynical/streetwise when needed, our other players need to be too, we're in a scrap for every point we can get. 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Fouling is an option but that can backfire as it gives the opposition the chance to put everyone in your box and float in the free kick. If you remember the 1-1 home draw with St Mirren very early in the season when Brandon fouled then Nahmani headed in from the free kick. 

56 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You at least have everyone back defending and we had dealt pretty well with high balls into our box the last game, and this one. Guthrie lost the ball, he should've been the one to take the booking and just took their player down, Ayo also had the chance when he came sliding in, just make sure he takes the player out and gets a yellow card. Holt is pretty cynical/streetwise when needed, our other players need to be too, we're in a scrap for every point we can get. 

It's one of those things; if he commits the foul then they score from the free kick, he's still the one that gets the main blame for the goal. Even if someone else makes a howler it comes back to why did he commit a silly foul to give them the chance.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

It's one of those things; if he commits the foul then they score from the free kick, he's still the one that gets the main blame for the goal. Even if someone else makes a howler it comes back to why did he commit a silly foul to give them the chance.

With our fans just now, no doubt, but i think he has to do it anyway to stop them running at us when we were on the back foot, then getting a clear shot at our goal.

It isn't really a silly foul though, it's cynically stopping a threat at source, then dealing with the free kick. A silly foul for me, is tripping someone clumsily, or sticking a leg in around the box giving a player the opportunity to go over it, when we've plenty players there covering any shots being made, and we're well set up defensively. It was far enough away they weren't shooting at our goal too. I think our players need to be a bit more switched on game management wise.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

A week ago I was pretty confident that County would lose tonight's encounter with St Mirren; morale wise County seemed dead in the water; the buddies had lost to us but still seemed a pretty formidable force.

Now I'm not confident at all. If County were to win this then that makes Saturday's game against St Johnstone even more critical for us. 

There are still a lot more games to play and  the morale of the team seems generally pretty good but we definitely need to perform on Saturday (and Wednesday night).

I would suggest that, for tonight only, I was going to be a pseudo buddy but, with most of my in-laws supporting Morton, the fallout could be  "uncomfortable". Therefore tonight I am neutral but with a strong leaning for you-know-who.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

A week ago I was pretty confident that County would lose tonight's encounter with St Mirren; morale wise County seemed dead in the water; the buddies had lost to us but still seemed a pretty formidable force.

Now I'm not confident at all. If County were to win this then that makes Saturday's game against St Johnstone even more critical for us. 

There are still a lot more games to play and  the morale of the team seems generally pretty good but we definitely need to perform on Saturday (and Wednesday night).

I would suggest that, for tonight only, I was going to be a pseudo buddy but, with most of my in-laws supporting Morton, the fallout could be  "uncomfortable". Therefore tonight I am neutral but with a strong leaning for you-know-who.

For me, Saturday was largely about individuals. In a negative sense, Sangare, whose error gave Brophy not only his first goal but also the confidence to try the shot for his second. Then Anderson for us almost gained us the draw before the individual quality of Sims won them the match. So I didn't really see anything from County that I didn't already know about them. That being they have some excellent individual players without an inspiring overall team package. Maybe us giving them the points on Saturday will propel them on to find that missing team cohesion but its far from guaranteed. St Mirren certainly won't gift them an opening goal to help them on their way how we did.

Hindsight is obviously a great thing and looking back I think we should’ve set up differently.

i was in agreement with starting the same team that defeated st mirren but thinking about it afterward the two opponents are clearly very different. St mirren are considered defensively strong whereas County fans have been saying cheap goals conceded (like Livi). We should perhaps have started with the two up top to try to expose the County defence rather than one chasing shadows while the defenders shifted it side to side and down the wings or stepped into midfield. 

Edited by crispy

43 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

In a negative sense, Sangare, whose error gave Brophy not only his first goal but also the confidence to try the shot for his second. 

Probably harsh on Sangare. Brophys entire career mindset had been "Brophy see goal! Brophy shoot!"

Hes taking potshots regardless of whats happened before.

37 minutes ago, crispy said:

Hindsight is obviously a great thing and looking back I think we should’ve set up differently.

i was in agreement with starting the same team that defeated st mirren but thinking about it afterward the two opponents are clearly very different. St mirren are considered defensively strong whereas County fans have been saying cheap goals conceded (like Livi). We should perhaps have started with the two up top to try to expose the County defence rather than one chasing shadows while the defenders shifted it side to side and down the wings or stepped into midfield. 

I think County's set up probably surprised Martindale. They'd been 4-4-2 against Dundee the previous week yet came out 3-4-3 against us with that front 3 all being centre forwards.