Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I know of a number of people who refused to return to the club because of  Martindale's past; whilst others mentioned the like of Alan Lithgow and David Robertson.

Declan Gallagher. He has since played for Scotland, of course, meaning Livi ownership's stance isn't unique.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How long does he need to suffer for the crimes he's committed though? Clear to anyone, surely, that he's moved beyond it and changed his life.

Let’s be clear here, he isn’t suffering. He’s a wealthy man with many trappings of success and a happy family life. And he’s certainly not suffering because a guy who he’s never met doesn’t like his past and can’t/won’t see beyond it. 

1 minute ago, Freedom Farter said:

Declan Gallagher. He has since played for Scotland, of course, meaning Livi ownership's stance isn't unique.

And Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Mirren, and currently Dundee Utd. We got the worst of it employing him first though, after what he'd done.

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Don't let the random accounts on here fool you, don't let them steal the club and steal the future from the club. RHS want to run the club dry and walk away. 

What a load of sh!te.

I see LiviNation did't ask Ward what gave him the right to be at the club as a volunteer? They just accepted what he said as gospel. 

These statements needs to be back up with facts not just spouted on a Sat night. 

7 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Let’s be clear here, he isn’t suffering. He’s a wealthy man with many trappings of success and a happy family life. And he’s certainly not suffering because a guy who he’s never met doesn’t like his past and can’t/won’t see beyond it. 

When things go good, he's a legendary Livi manager, when they go wrong he's a degenerate drug dealer. He's worked on his success, it's not down to anyone else handing it to him on a plate. I don't think there's another manager out there that would wear Livi on his sleeve like DM does. It doesn't make the results acceptable though.

33 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

He will hang around, and he’d be within his rights to have a go at people, whether he is right or wrong. He loves the club and hates it being denigrated by opposing fans or our own. He backed Massone quite publicly back in the day, and was ridiculed, but is still there now. I think he’s wrong to have a go at fans (paying or not), but I respect his right to have a go. 

We can all have a go thats called democracy but some of his views and thinking are wild 

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

When things go good, he's a legendary Livi manager, when they go wrong he's a degenerate drug dealer. He's worked on his success, it's not down to anyone else handing it to him on a plate. I don't think there's another manager out there that would wear Livi on his sleeve like DM does. It doesn't make the results acceptable though.

Yes; we're kind of getting off the point really. 

David Martindale has obviously done an excellent job over the past few years but its getting increasingly clear that he's unable to turn the current bad run of form (over the past year plus) around.

The personal stuff is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Sourced another belter in Yengi. He definitely has a talent for recruitment. The shite signings have mostly been these excessive squad fillers he likes having as a manager. If he was DoF, you'd hope a different manager wouldn't be requesting/sanctioning those squad filler signings.

Actually think his recruitment of late has been well and truly horrific, and to me it’s the main reason we are in this mess. In the past 3 windows it’s a genuine struggle to name more than 2 players who are a clear success. His recruitment in the past was fantastic, but recently it’s felt like he’s gone fully for quantity over quality. The amount of signings we’ve made that have barely even played is genuinely hilarious. Crying about budget while Tom parkes rinsed our club for 3 years straight, goncalves and Bitsindou another 2 top earners last year too, no wonder our budget was so f*cked this year. 
The manager holding shares in the club. Our new owner a front to an ex gang member, great idea that one is.
John Ward, I don’t even have words for him. 

Even if a lot of the players are ill, what sort of message does it send to them when the manager goes away for the full week on a training course? Clearly not got his head in the game for the fight needed….

43 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Actually think his recruitment of late has been well and truly horrific, and to me it’s the main reason we are in this mess. In the past 3 windows it’s a genuine struggle to name more than 2 players who are a clear success. His recruitment in the past was fantastic, but recently it’s felt like he’s gone fully for quantity over quality. The amount of signings we’ve made that have barely even played is genuinely hilarious. Crying about budget while Tom parkes rinsed our club for 3 years straight, goncalves and Bitsindou another 2 top earners last year too, no wonder our budget was so f*cked this year. 

Sure and that doesn't contradict what I put. I pointed out he's made an excessive number of shite squad filler signings as manager. The hypothetical being floated was him becoming DoF. That role is about sourcing players then the manager decides upon them. A talented manager would've said no to all the squad filler shite Martindale dug up but yes to his quality finds of MacKay and Yengi (MacKay won't be joining us permanently now due to relegation but likely would've done had we remained in the league).

This isn't me advocating for Martindale to become DoF but rather just entertaining the idea because it had been suggested. I don't know what should be done.

10 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Sure and that doesn't contradict what I put. I pointed out he's made an excessive number of shite squad filler signings as manager. The hypothetical being floated was him becoming DoF. That role is about sourcing players then the manager decides upon them. A talented manager would've said no to all the squad filler shite Martindale dug up but yes to his quality finds of MacKay and Yengi (MacKay won't be joining us permanently now due to relegation but likely would've done had we remained in the league).

This isn't me advocating for Martindale to become DoF but rather just entertaining the idea because it had been suggested. I don't know what should be done.

Yeah i wouldn't be averse to the role he played during Hoppy and Holt's time as managers, Martindale obv had a huge influence in their time as managers, but was the assistant rather than being No1, and still did the recruitment. Don't know if he could go back to being an assistant right enough, but DoF with a hand in the coaching might be an option. Just not picking the team and where they're positioned, or tactics.

Although when we had a solid defence and an energetic midfield that would press like buggery, it really was a formula that worked for us, meaning we'd just get the ball up into the oppositions half and win 2nd balls, and not get caught out in possession in our own half. Since we moved away from that and tried to play it out of defence, similar to how Kenny Miller wanted us to play, it has all gone to shit.

I see last night Ward described himself as a volunteer. How can the club remove a volunteer that is overseeing at least £1.2M in losses at the club? 

If he was truly a volunteer why not just walk away from all the perceived grief especially after each poor performance on a Saturday afternoon.  

There seems to be a-lot about fan abuse towards players in yesterday's rants , which is simply not right and shouldn't be tolerated. Yet one of the other clubs volunteers who was all over X (twitter) last night was not calling out the volunteer club chairman for his abuse calling Livi fans "p***ks" . Club volunteers can't have it both ways.

IMG_1213.jpeg

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

The minute he started comparing a football club and supermarkets, and calling fans customers he’d lost the argument 

Lord sainsbury comes to mind…. Ahem.

Imagine thinking financial losses are beyond questioning when we were profitable up until financial year 21-22…. All of a sudden it dives off a cliff and we’re to keep our mouths shut?

E074EA08-A6C8-4701-891A-6FEA8137A5C7.jpeg

Personally, I thought the level of abuse at the game yesterday was a bit over the top, as angry as I was. Did anyone hear the exact shout around when Montaño came over? It sounded like “you [something] b*****d!”. Unsure who the shout was directed to.

1 hour ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Lord sainsbury comes to mind…. Ahem.

Imagine thinking financial losses are beyond questioning when we were profitable up until financial year 21-22…. All of a sudden it dives off a cliff and we’re to keep our mouths shut?

E074EA08-A6C8-4701-891A-6FEA8137A5C7.jpeg

This club volunteer seems to know alot about the club bills and accounts.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

The minute he started comparing a football club and supermarkets, and calling fans customers he’d lost the argument 

Out of his depth. Came across as just rants to what are just fellow fans. Wonder if he would have the same view if he didn't receive a  weekly free ticket for the game?