Livingston - all the threads merged

11 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Nothing of what you posted rebuts what I’ve said. Shareholders can’t sack managers, in case you don’t know.

Nice little read though, thanks pal.

I get my info from good sources.

Talks about it again here. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-ceo-john-ward-reflects-23370454

Who was the decision maker then? 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Talks about it again here. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-ceo-john-ward-reflects-23370454

Who was the decision maker then? 

Showing your true colours 🥳

Shame he won't speak up on the £1.4m plus of losses under his watch 🤣 He won't even be transparent enough to show it in the annual accounts for the club 🤣

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

@Freedom Farter, I see that McAlear says Martindale signed him to play as a 6, with us building the game through him. 

He was at Ayr for a bit and looked like he was towing a caravan in every match. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

@Freedom Farter, I see that McAlear says Martindale signed him to play as a 6, with us building the game through him. 

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He was at Ayr for a bit and looked like he was towing a caravan in every match. Sorry. 

Aye it really can’t be overstated how slow he is. I wouldn’t say his range of passing is really good enough to be playing in a role where he’s dictating things. 

Posted (edited)

AI done some league predictions for 24/25.

Maybe it took into consideration the above comments 🤣

Ps Martindale would still be safe in his job. It would turn from matchday 38 to matchday 36 mantra 🙄🤣

IMG_1779.jpeg

Edited by Livi

19 minutes ago, Livi said:

Ps Martindale would still be safe in his job. It would turn from matchday 38 to matchday 36 mantra 🙄🤣

IMG_1779.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣💩.

28 minutes ago, Livi said:

IMG_1779.jpeg

Once I prompted it to update to the 2024/25 teams, ChatGPT 3.5 had us 1st due to our recent top flight experience so don't be so down!

34 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Once I prompted it to update to the 2024/25 teams, ChatGPT 3.5 had us 1st due to our recent top flight experience so don't be so down!

This was some random that posted all leagues on X 🤣

I am not down about it at all. Its clear for us all based on comments above is that some of the signings for next season are a gamble.

Time will tell 🤠

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Seems AI is just like stats, it can be manipulated to fit your viewpoint.

Football is very stats driven = bingo 🥳🤣😱

Edited by Livi

Anyone have insight on Steven Bradley and Sean Kelly? Publicly, there was the social media post (I can't remember which platform) announcing Bradley's departure but that was later deleted. He's still listed in the squad on the club website. Then I don't think we've had Sean Kelly's contract extension confirmed yet, although I might've just missed that. 

Posted (edited)
On 03/06/2024 at 21:02, EdinburghLivi said:

Makes sense. The comments above suggesting McAlear is slow or doesn't have an extensive range of passing, even if accurate, needn't be major issues. He's not going to be a ball winner, that'll be Brandon and Pittman (possibly Sangare or Carson too if they come back into the picture). So he's not been signed for his mobility. Instead he'll hold his position a lot, he'll anchor things so the likes of Brandon and Pittman can go haring around. With his passing, he'll be looking to keep it mostly short and simple. His job won't be to playmake and attempt long through passes. It'll be to take the ball off our defence and get it into the attacking midfield line - Stephen Kelly or the wingers. From the little I've gleaned about McAlear, he became a bit more of a deep-lying centre mid last season at Tranmere than he'd previously been at Ayr and Inverness. So he's hopefully coming in already adjusted to the role. 

Edited by Freedom Farter

58 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

They're obviously confident of winning in court

Was hoping we'd get a forum so of course they'd organise it for when I'm on holiday :lol:

Or maybe they just wanted less fans there? 🤷‍♂️

Euros on snd a lot of the 800 season ticket holders will be away.

See they are also excluding the next generation of supporters too 🙄

8 minutes ago, Livi said:

Or maybe they just wanted less fans there? 🤷‍♂️

Euros on snd a lot of the 800 season ticket holders will be away.

See they are also excluding the next generation of supporters too 🙄

How exactly are they “excluding the next generation” by prioritising recent season ticket holders? The Almondvale Suite has a limited capacity. If they wanted to truly limit it, they could have easily made it 2024/2025 Season Tickets only. If they hold it next month it’s school holidays and a new season. It’s hard to see when a good date is, particularly this summer

I’d like to have seen a more informal Q&A section included, however the Trust seem involved and happy with the plans. Hopefully the first of many similar events!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

How exactly are they “excluding the next generation” 

Doh if you are an U18 then in the eyes of the club you have no voice. Simples

Edited by Livi

10 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

>Questions should be sent in advance 

shitebags 

Also hosted by David “I’m not an employee of Livi FC” Hastie 

In fairness he might not be an employee, so it’s good for clarity that he actually said “I do not work at the club” 

IMG_4564.jpeg