Livingston - all the threads merged

I see both sides here. Not sure when they could really host it. The Euros start next week, then there’s the school holidays, and our new season getting underway. Would have made sense to align it to one of the friendlies to get a few more paying customers at those matches.

Limiting it to season ticket holders over 18, and making them rsvp means they have tight control over the guest list and know exactly who will be there in advance.

Interesting that the Trust couldn’t have it open to Trust members. They’re supposed to act in the interests of all members, not just season ticket holders. I am a season ticket holder over 18 but people are getting pushed out here and I don’t think it’s an accident. 

11 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

>Questions should be sent in advance 

"with some time reserved for questions from the floor towards the end."

2 hours ago, Livi said:

Doh if you are an U18 then in the eyes of the club you have no voice. Simples

The majority of questions asked at this forum will be those submitted prior to the event so while yes it's not great they can't attend they absolutely do have an option to voice their questions/concerns. 

Is the timing great, probably not but with the season starting soon, school holidays etc I think you'd struggle to find a perfect time. 

The fact that this is happening in any shape or format is a good thing and hopefully the start of more regular forums. 

If you've got your issue's which clearly some do more than others then submit your questions and attend on the night if you can. Simple really.

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Interesting that the Trust couldn’t have it open to Trust members. They’re supposed to act in the interests of all members, not just season ticket holders. I am a season ticket holder over 18 but people are getting pushed out here and I don’t think it’s an accident.

Why would non-ST holding Trust members get precedence over ST holders for an event being held by the club?

4 hours ago, Livi said:

Doh if you are an U18 then in the eyes of the club you have no voice. Simples

Does it say they won't be accepting questions from fans under 18? Would obviously be great if the doors were open to fans of all ages (even if it was something like U16s must be with an adult), and I'm not sure what their reasoning is for it only being open to over 18s, but by f**k "you have no voice" is a bit of an overreaction.

Absolutely screams 'the club have finally done/are finally doing something right, how can I still find something to moan about'.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

and I'm not sure what their reasoning is for it only being open to over 18s, but by f**k "you have no voice" is a bit of an overreaction.

Absolutely screams 'the club have finally done/are finally doing something right, how can I still find something to moan about'.

Just have a fans forum without so many rules.

Away back in the day a forum was called and people just turned up.

i love how all these (presumably) adults saying U18 have a voice. FFS you can get married in this country but you can't go to a family friendly (portrayed at times) fans forum and hear whats being said. 

Its not Livingston without it being over complicated and the inner crowd defending it.

Have a word with yourself.

5 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

In fairness he might not be an employee, so it’s good for clarity that he actually said “I do not work at the club” 

IMG_4564.jpeg

I’m just having a bit of fun, he likes to point out the fact that he’s not an employee every chance he gets 

28 minutes ago, Livi said:

Just have a fans forum without so many rules.

Away back in the day a forum was called and people just turned up.

i love how all these (presumably) adults saying U18 have a voice. FFS you can get married in this country but you can't go to a family friendly (portrayed at times) fans forum and hear whats being said. 

Its not Livingston without it being over complicated and the inner crowd defending it.

Have a word with yourself.

season 7 episode 23 GIF

There's a fans forum taking place, this is good.
Under 18s aren't allowed in, this is bad.
Under 18s can still send in questions and hear about how (if) it's answered, this is good.

Questions being submitted beforehand is weird but presumably (hopefully) the main reason for it is so that they can put it forward in a way that covers the wee variations people will have while avoiding the same thing being asked 3 times in a row.

No one's being silenced or having their voice taken away. Go have a lie down.

23 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

season 7 episode 23 GIF

There's a fans forum taking place, this is good.
Under 18s aren't allowed in, this is bad.
Under 18s can still send in questions and hear about how (if) it's answered, this is good.

Questions being submitted beforehand is weird but presumably (hopefully) the main reason for it is so that they can put it forward in a way that covers the wee variations people will have while avoiding the same thing being asked 3 times in a row.

No one's being silenced or having their voice taken away. Go have a lie down.

You can ask a question but you can hear the answer. Great position. 

Gies peace what other organisation that builds its self around people does that.

It's great this forum is to ahead after years of nothing or little fan engagement. The club though are trying to control the message and stifle any awkward or difficult questions.

You know it's not a surprise I wouldn't trust Ward and i know he will tell the people gathered what they want to hear sadly. 

10 minutes ago, Livi said:

stifle any awkward or difficult questions.

They’ll still be asked in advance I imagine, all you’ll get are answers that will have been meticulously crafted and thought about. It’d be better if they were  put on the spot,  it would let fans see if they’re telling the truth, and if they actually believe what’s coming out their own mouths.

The dress rehearsal will be performed in front of Martindale, so I’m expecting a great performance from the two puppets.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

The whole time should be for questions from the floor. 

I must be the only one who sees some logic in the whole asking for questions in advance. 

It allows for some semblance of structure and timekeeping. Should add that it allows those unable to attend to ask questions. 

What I do think would be better is an app fans can post questions into and other fans can upvote the question. Did something similar at a work event and it was a good system. 

Edited by Livi La Vida Loca

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Livi said:

The club though are trying to control the message and stifle any awkward or difficult questions.

They'll surely still get asked those questions on the night though at some point, seeing as they've specifically put time at the end for questions from the floor they wouldn't get away with just ignoring it.

Even if the club themselves don't release some kind of breakdown, I'm sure (or at least I hope) there will be a few in attendance who will be able summarise for those of us unable to make it.

Edited by LiviLion

To be honest I completely missed the U18 restriction, and it's unclear why they can't have the same season ticket rules as everyone else

In terms of non-season ticket Trust Members, this is clearly a club-run event that the Trust supports rather than a Trust event. Hopefully they're able to contribute questions, either at this via other attendees or the recently mentioned regular meetings between the Trust and the board. 

The questions bit can only really be answered after the event - if questions about recent Optcco court cases and their funding are mentioned, as well as the Baycup issues then I doubt it matters much in the end. I'd personally rather see it opened up for the full event, however this would probably result in an hour of questions about why we don't leave two folk up when defending corners. 

It's a good first step, however it's also disappointing to see the recent FB Forum debates from the usual folk, both within and outside the club. Hopefully this newfound effort from the Trust, and the club's openness to this, help.

34 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

To be honest I completely missed the U18 restriction, and it's unclear why they can't have the same season ticket rules as everyone else

In terms of non-season ticket Trust Members, this is clearly a club-run event that the Trust supports rather than a Trust event. Hopefully they're able to contribute questions, either at this via other attendees or the recently mentioned regular meetings between the Trust and the board. 

The questions bit can only really be answered after the event - if questions about recent Optcco court cases and their funding are mentioned, as well as the Baycup issues then I doubt it matters much in the end. I'd personally rather see it opened up for the full event, however this would probably result in an hour of questions about why we don't leave two folk up when defending corners. 

It's a good first step, however it's also disappointing to see the recent FB Forum debates from the usual folk, both within and outside the club. Hopefully this newfound effort from the Trust, and the club's openness to this, help.

No issues its a ST event its been done like that in the past.

The event just strikes as they want as much control as they can get.  Livi fans are generally passive so will accept it and get on with it. Why is the Trust not lobbying the club for its members that are U18 🤷‍♂️

Why an U18 can't have the same perks as an over 18 has is beyond me. It's not as if it's a licensed event. 

Agree its a step in the right direction though.

Letting Maley go under the guise of 'He's a victim of our relegation', and then instantly trying to hire another goalkeeper coach is smooth. We did the same thing when Berra left. 

2 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Letting Maley go under the guise of 'He's a victim of our relegation', and then instantly trying to hire another goalkeeper coach is smooth. We did the same thing when Berra left. 

I was surprised at that especially as it appeared as jobs for the boys type arrangement? 

3 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I believe he's gone to work with his brother for more money

12 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Application submitted for the fans forum.And questions forwarded.Gonna be interesting.Hopefully no security on the door🤣.Cant wait.Bet you lot cant either.🤷‍♂️🦁.

Would be really good if the event could be filmed for those who are unable to attend