Livingston - all the threads merged

17 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Switching subjects here, a quote from our fearless leader about Joey Barton who was on his coaching course recently: 

" I like Joey, I get on really well with him. He is a wee bit misunderstood and, obviously, he needs to stay off Twitter but it was good. He is a really good guy, to be fair."

Hopefully he's not the one Martindale made friends with the most and we can get some players out of his connections as he mentioned someone from his previous course was how got Odin Bailey on loan.

Those quotes certainly raised a few eye brows.

11 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Soon be back with the Juniors or is the Lowland league……..will keep bus fares down right enough.

"Downdie" Boyz heading your way shortly sunshine .

There is no juniors anymore 🙄

20 hours ago, spot on said:

That’s my point, you are where you are this season due to parachute payments , loans and European money etc , take away these  ‘abnormalities’ and living by your own means where would you be and where would your natural level be?

The Premiership. We've spent more seasons there than any other league this century. 

1 hour ago, JD and associates said:

I can't believe so many of you are biting at these Falkirk people. For the past 5 years there has essentially been 2 full divisions between the 2 clubs. We have a league title to win here.  

Walked past their stadium the other day and noticed a Falkirk FC season ticket nailed to a tree. I took it down and thought " that nail could come in handy"

7 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

7 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

I predict Martindale be gone by Christmas & fanbase back to Meadowbank level by this time next year……maybe a merger with Edinburgh City for the old Ferranti diehearts in the cards?

Andy Winter training with the club with a view to signing. Just seems like Rice using the Hamilton connection but overall to me is a bit underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Andy Winter training with the club with a view to signing. Just seems like Rice using the Hamilton connection but overall to me is a bit underwhelming.

Never really kicked on for us following his injury. Not a player I would have expected the relegated Premiership team to look at.

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It's extremely underwhelming from a Livingston point of view he didn't do anything for us in 19 appearances in League 1 for us and I hate to say it but there was honestly times last season he was as good as a man down. He has declined and gotten far worse as time has went on. He would have been very lucky to sign for an EK or Clyde so it would be some move for him if he does sign for Livi but I can't see it being a good signing for Livi. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

He was promising once upon a time, but has seemed to get worse with every season he's played. I think he was at his best either on the left coming in narrow or in a front two where he could drop off a wee bit. I was happy with keeping him last summer as I thought he could do well in a more dominant side, so maybe if you can get the player I hoped for then he could be a decent backup. 

15 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

I predict Martindale be gone by Christmas & fanbase back to Meadowbank level by this time next year……maybe a merger with Edinburgh City for the old Ferranti diehearts in the cards?

Wakey wakey son,all this fantasising is getting the better of you  💤💤🤡

Everyone from Falkirk said Sean Kelly was shite in league one for them, and he’s just played three seasons for us in the top flight, won Livi player of the month a few times too and SPFL team of the week. 

Jon Guthrie and Nicky Devlin were shite too, according to fans of their old clubs, so I’ll take all of this with a pinch of salt.

If he was a striker who’s just played in the Indian 2nd division then I’d be worried. We don’t need any more of those.

4 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Wakey wakey son,all this fantasising is getting the better of you  💤💤🤡

Fantasy & Reality are two words a Livi fan will know all about right enough…..😎😂

Is this a sample of the inane babble Falkirk fans are going to be posting all season, had forgotten how deranged they were, with them being nothing more than a speck of dust under our feet the last 6 seasons.

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Fantasy & Reality are two words a Livi fan will know all about right enough…..😎😂

Ha ha ha,stay aff the drugs 😂!!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones 😉

On 17/06/2024 at 17:15, ATLIS said:

Bugger, he seemed a very Airdrie type signing as well

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is this a sample of the inane babble Falkirk fans are going to be posting all season, had forgotten how deranged they were, with them being nothing more than a speck of dust under our feet the last 6 seasons.

Liviforever who was your big team growing up or are you a first generation Almondvaler?

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Liviforever who was your big team growing up or are you a first generation Almondvaler?

I know we've been playing in the Premiership the last 6 seasons and Falkirk have been in League one for 5 of those, but it's like you're stuck in a time loop from 20 years ago the patter you've come out with on here the last few days. 

If anything,its gonna be fun for the next 8 months or so with the back and forth banter between the Lions and the Bairns.Been a while admittedly.At least we're not talking about the Pars🤷‍♂️🤣.